One

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happens when we get back?" he asked, his voice had a hint of concern as he reached for my hand. I let him radiate his warmth over my hand as he brushed his soft thumb against my palm because I was aware that this might be the last time.

I have been avoiding his eyes since we got inside the car. I knew he would ask me this exactly. 

Our little vacation was over. We were going back to Seoul which also meant back to work, back to our daily routines and more importantly, back to our rightful positions. 
This was the moment I have been dreading to come for the past few days. I was completely certain about the circumstances that would occur if we kept this going. 

Especially to his part.

I don't want to be a hindrance to his success to begin with. His current career as an idol which he achieved due to years of hard work and patience is more important than anything else. He had put his body and soul into his work and he loved every minute of it. I have seen all his ups and downs and I would annihilate myself first before I let all his effort go down the drain.

I gently pulled my hand away from his without taking even a quick glance towards him but I was sure that he was taken aback by my action.

Then, I decided to speak.

"Baekhyun,—" I managed to say quietly.
"—our deal is done. I guess, it's time for us to face reality again." I bit my lower lip as I looked at the window. I sighed as I gathered the words that I knew would hurt the both of us once I let out of my mouth.
"Those three days seemed like a dream to me, like a fantasy. But it is no doubt that sooner or later, dreams will be forgotten.. No matter how good they are." I managed to keep my voice stable  and although I started to feel tears forming in my eyes ready to roll down my cheeks.

It took a few minutes before he responded. 

"I don't want to forget." His tone was firm but still calm. And with that, I turned my head to take a glance at him. Trying not to fall head over heels for his gorgeous side profile. His eyes were fixed on the road.

It was a very bitter pill for me to swallow knowing that things will no longer be the same with Baekhyun. 

But he left me confused when the side of his lip curled into a small smile.

 

 

 

 

A month has passed since that happened. I have been trying my best to act normal with Baekhyun around. 

Wait, let me rephrase the last part.

I have been basically trying to avoid any situation that would involve being alone with Baekhyun.


And it was not an easy task when, first and foremost, we were living in one roof together with five other members. Secondly, it was hard to go back to being friends with someone you once wanted more than anything. And lastly, he was not cooperating at all.

—————

 

It was early in the morning and the sun was about to greet the city. It was Sunday which meant I was stuck at home with six overly handsome boys. 

But not today. 

After I took a shower, I made my way outside my room discreetly hoping that the others were still asleep so I could make a quick escape outside the house.

When I was near the door I heard clanking of utensils in the kitchen. I quietly peeked to see an innocent-looking boy with doe eyes busy with preparing breakfast. The apron he was wearing made him look more adorable.

I wasn't surprised. 

Kyungsoo was the house chef after all, and he never failed to make delicious meals.

"You're up early." He said, while pouring coffee into a mug and handed it to me. His plump lips turned to a smile showing his famous heart-shaped smile.
I gladly accepted it and took a sip. I didn't bother asking him how he noticed I was here since it was already given that he was the most perceptive and observant in the group.

"I'm going for a jog then I might drop by my apartment after." I replied, placing the mug on the counter.

"What about your apartment?" He asked.

"I thought maybe I could do some cleaning today." I shrugged. Honestly, there was nothing to be done in my apartment. I was just using it as an excuse so I could be alone.

"But you haven't been there for a long time. I bet all your stuff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter