Two

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but the boss wants to see you right now." One of my colleagues with thick glasses and long, straight hair informed me as she passed by my table. I nodded as I set the papers and folders aside and headed outside the room.
I always felt confident with my capabilities at work. Not once did I slack off nor failed to accomplish my tasks on time. I rarely meet the big man face-to-face so when I do, I always get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Despite the hard work and dedication I had been showing for the past years,  I couldn't help but be anxious.

Did I make a huge mistake in my previous report?
Or was my research not accurate enough?
Were they going to fire me?
Or perhaps, promote me?

Surely the last part was out of the picture. There was absolutely no way I would get promoted. Particularly because there were other employees who had been in this company for a long time hence, were much experienced than I am. Also not to mention, I was probably the youngest among the staff. 

I arrived at the top floor where the big man's office was located. I quickly snapped out of my train of thoughts and took a deep breath. As the doors of the elevator slid open, three unimaginably attractive guys all wearing loose shirts and sweatpants were standing in my way. They seemed to be so absorbed in their conversation that they didn't notice me. 

"—It's approved at last! I can't express how stoked I am about the whole thing! What do you think, Kyungsoo?" The tallest one with a cap worn backwards enthusiastically said flashing a toothy grin as he playfully shook the shoulders of the other guy way shorter than him with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes that were a bit larger than his.
"I'm sure we're all excited. Now, stop harassing me, Yeol." Kyungsoo replied as he attempted to hit the Chanyeol's tummy but he immediately blocked it with his long arms and they all laughed. My attention landed on the third guy with black hair whose height was almost the same as the short guy only that he was a few inches taller. He seemed to be pondering about something between his laughter.

These idiots. They seemed to be in an extra good mood today, I thought as I smiled internally.

Yes, I knew them.
I knew them very well like the back of my own hand. 

I cleared my throat as I approached them. 

"Oh h—hey, you're here." The black haired guy was the first one to see me, the other two turned towards me. Traces of joy were still evident in their faces.
"Hello, Baekhyun." I slightly bowed my head to show respect.
"Yah, how many times do we have to tell you there's no need to do that." The tallest one scolded me as he pinched my cheek.
"Chanyeol ah, we may be best buddies but I also work here." I reminded as I gently swatted his hand.

Although I was already past the process of forming a close relationship with them, I still work for them so technically they were somewhat, my superior in this building and I had to be engaged in my pursuit professionally. 

"Are you headed to the President's office?" Kyungsoo's tone made it seem like he was stating it rather than asking. 
"Yes. I have no idea why though. It's actually unnerving."
"Ahh, no need to feel that way. Trust me." Chanyeol said as he patted my shoulder.
"How come you seem so sure it's nothing bad?" I raised a questioning brow.

There was something fishy about how the three casually shrugged as they glanced at each other, then Baekhyun's lips slowly turned into a smirk.
"We just know." 


——————

 

"S—Sorry, Sajangnim, but I couldn't seem to grasp what you're trying to say." I gaped and the President just let out a quiet laugh.
"My dear child, I have to admit I was utterly impressed when I reviewed all your work performances. It was quite exceptional at such young age and as I can see it, you have so much potential that are yet to be unleashed—" He paused and I digested the flattery and compliment I heard self-composedly.
"—I even asked for the boys' opinion and you got 6 out of 6 approval. I'm also aware of the tight friendship you were able to build with them so I'm rest assured that you'll be able to manage the new position which I was proposing to you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter