will never be

❝why couldn't you love me instead?❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOMI'S POV

I liked him so much. I liked Luhan so much, too much maybe.

It was when he first entered the classroom. I heard gasps, curious as who caused it, I looked up and as cliché as this might sound, I fell in love at first sight. He just looked like a baby-faced angel sent from above. I fell head over heals for him the first time I laid my eyes on him. I never expected to meet a new student especially when it was already my last year in High School but I was happy that there was one anyway.

And when I finally gathered the guts to talk to him, I knew it wasn't infatuation anymore because I just fell so much more in love. He was gentle, kind, caring and sweet. He had everything I was looking for in a guy. I was so comfortable being around him and as we got closer I enjoyed every moment we shared together. All the laughs, smiles and jokes we exchanged always meant something more to me, but not to him. We were just friends. Nothing more than that. I couldn't see anything in him that would give me a clue that he liked him me the same why I liked him. He never blushed when I acted cute, he never looked at me the way I looked a him, he didn't have feelings for me, because I was just his best friend.

I never planned to tell him because I was too scared of losing him cause if he finds out his crazy best friend is madly in love with him, how would he feel? Creeped out maybe. He wanted a girl who was shy, innocent, quiet and elegant and I wasn’t the least bit close to it. He knew too much of my flaws, too much of how I act like a boy more than a girl and too mach of my bad attitudes. He wouldn’t fall for me. Never ever. And if friendship was the only way to make him stay then I’ll be his best friend forever even if I loved him more than that way. I was too scared of losing my best friend. I was to scared of losing Luhan.

"Yah! Bbom! What's wrong? You've been zoning out lately" Luhan snapped, I looked at him and smiled.

"I'm okay" I stood up from my seat "Let's go! I'm starving" I walked out the classroom with him walking beside me.

"Hey Bbom, I know there's something wrong just tell me" He pulled my wrist and I swear it was the touch that could make me melt any second and I didn't want to so I pushed his hand away "I'm fine Lu, there's nothing wrong, really" I paused "I'm just craving for some Budae Jiggae!" I beamed brightly.

"I'll buy one for you then" He smiled at me as he swung his arm around my shoulder "My treat, so that my Bomii will not be hungry anymore~" He sang, not knowing that my heart was already beating like crazy.

"Eww, don't touch me! Your disgustimg bacteria is spreading. Ewww" I teased as I pushed him away again and ran ahead.

"Is that so? Well my bacteria is what's making you live you stinky gorilla" He chased me. He hugged me from behind and bent backwards so that I was now facing the sky and my back was on his chest "Now there's more bacteria all over Bbom-rilla!" He laughed, turning around as I was swayed alongside to where he was going. "Yah! Yah! Yah! Put me down!" I screamed, while laughing "Luhan!" I screamed again in between the giggles leaving my mouth. It was an intimate action for me but it was just a friendly act to him. Just a friendly act but his cute actions towards me was enough for me to fall in love with him more and more.

"Okay fine" He put me down "C'mon, let's get you that Buddae Jiggae" He eyed me and I smiled "Let's go!" I threw my fist in the air as we ran to the cafeteria like 1st graders.

Happy. I was so happy when it was just us together. Even if he only looked at me as his best friend, I was happy anyway.

But I was stupid too. I had every opportunity with me but I threw them all away. I could have told him my feelings but I didn’t. I was the girl everyone else envied because I was the closest to him and yet I didn’t use it to express how much I love him instead I acted like he was "just" my best friend when in fact I never saw him in just that way.

"Why are you looking at me like that Bbom? Am I that handsome? Have you finally fallen in love with me?" He teased and I suddenly froze, thinking he just read my mind. Only that I have already fallen in love with him long before.

"Stop dreaming" I rolled my eyes, trying to act nactural "This face" I pointed to myself "Will never fall for a face like that" I pointed at him and we both erupted in laughter.

"Whatever you say Bbom" He ruffled my hair, like he always does. And as always, I blushed.

It was perfect. I was living in a happy dream of being his best friend. The only girl in his life and for at least a moment, I felt something, thinking he would actually feel the same way when he asked me out.

"Bbom-ah!" Luhan came running out of his house with a shopping bag on his right arm and a box on the other "Here" he handed it to me and I stared at him confusedly.

As if reading my questioning look, he answered "It's for you." He paused "Wear it on Saturday night okay? I have something really important to tell you" He smiled

And the so-called uninsterested image I tired pulling up diappeared ina  snap "What is this?" I peaked through the shopping bag but Luhan quickly placed an arm on top and prevented me from taking another peak "Just open it when you get home, kay?"

 

The curiousity building up in me was so intriguing that it took me less than half an hour to get home and immeditely ran to my room to finally open what Luhan had given me. I didn't have high expectations though because I didn't always like Luhan's presents. The last tim he gave me one was on Valentines Day and the happiness I felt recieving a heart-shaped box from him was ineffable but the happiness died down into disappointment when I found a bracelet inside with the word "chubby" attached to the braided strings, it could have been cute if he just had my name in but he had to tease me and just leave me annoyed that way, but never the less I was happy I recieved something from him anyway.

I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I suddenly forgot my excitement and didn't notice my sister swiftly snatching the presents away from my hands and it was too late to retrieve it from her because she had already opened it herself before I could even do so myself."Unniee!!!" I yelled

"What do we have here Bo---woah" She stopped when she took the object outside the bag. I gaped at what I saw too. It was pretty floral dress, with a shear of blue shades on it.

"You bought this?" Unnie looked at me. I slowly approached her and grabbed the dress with a simple "No way"

"Then who gave it to you?" She asked also aiming for the other box Luhan had given "Wow, dollshoes?! You bought dollshoes?" I once again gaped at the silver doll shoes before me and shook my head again "Luhan gave these to me"

As if she was the happiest girl in the world, more happy then I am, my sister squealed and took a hold of my hands then hugging me after "Did he ask you to wear his? Did he ask you out or something?" She looked at me with pure excitement

"Umm... yes?" I closed my eyes and covered my ears because the next thing I heard was just another loud squeal "Bomi! You're going on a date with Luhan!" She laughed "Maybe he's already falling in love with his best friend too" She smiled

I widened my eyes at her. Is that why he gave these to me? Is that why he asked to meet me on Saturday night? Our we actually going on a date? I'm doubting it because why would Luhan do that? It's not like he likes me... right?

~

Saturday night came and soon enough I found myself  waiting outside my house for Luhan. I stretched and smoothened the creases on the dress I wore yet it seemed a little too short for my liking. I don't know why I gave in into wearing this dress instead of going by a t-shirt and jeans. If Luhan wasn't the one who gave this then I'd not wear it at all but this is important, he did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter