03

Happy Family

OH. OH. OH. DEAR SHISUS♥

Blessed lord, thank you for sitting me next to Changjo. I don't know how I will ever repay you, lord.

"Not to alarm you, my dear students, but I will be giving out a project today." The teacher was met with a chorus of groans, including one from me, "Nothing big, quit your whining. Its just a project for you to get to know your seat partner."And I sit up completely intrigued.

The teacher goes on to talk about how she wants us to get to know our seat-mates and be comfortable with them because we will be sitting next to them for the next two semesters. She does not switch seats. I cast a sideways glance and Changjo just in time to see him do the same. He smiles. I blush. And class continues. 

Of course, I have to face him sometime thanks to this project. And its perfect because I really want to talk to him, I just don't know how. And then during break he suggests we hang out and I egarly offer my house as a sacrifice and he smiles and says okay. The day is continuing at a slow pace and I'm so pysched to bring him home that I've forgotten a few things. 

Mainly: My Parents.

I DON'T WANT HIM TO MEET THEM. I DON'T WANT THEM TO MEET HIM. I WANT THEM FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. I see the back of Changjo's head bobbing down the hall to is next class and I begin to panic. 

I haven't mental prepared him. What if they screw him up? What do I do then, huh? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DO I DO THEN?!?!?! 

I try to calm myself down. Maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe they'll be out. Or short stuff and princess did something stupid at school and they're in trouble and my parents will be attending to that matter. Or maybe they'll be out to a late lunch with Uncle Jonghyun and Uncle Minho and Uncle Key and Uncle Taemin. 

Who am I kidding? I can't be that lucky. Can I?

At the end of the day, Changjo sits next to me all day. Ihaven't even realized the day is gone until we're on our way to my house. I spent ALL day worrying. 

But it seems luck is indeed on my side because the car isn't in the driveway. I kick my shoes off at the door, happy that Changjo and I won't be interrupted by any unwanted persons. And then I hear it. 

The unmistakable sound of my mothers feet on the plush carpetted stairs coming down to greet me.

"Hello dear~" She sings as she descends. 

"U-Umma...." I point at her, shocked, and then toward the empty driveway and back. I then drop my finger and shut my mouthas mom realizes I have a boy with me.

"Chunsa-yah! Who's this? You didn't tell me we werehaving company!" Umma points giddily at the young boy I stand protectively in front of. 

"This is my class seat-mate." I say, face palming as my mother practically grabs him and brings him to the living room to interrogate.