Goodbyes Are Forever

Goodbye

7 years later 

"Omma!" Your 3 year old daughter yelled while running towards you. It was a beautiful day so you decided to take her to the park. She played on the playground while you watched on sitting on the bench finishing her half eaten ice cream.

"Yes love" You said with a smile on your face. She held up flowers for you to take. "Thank you!" You said and leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Your welcome" she smiled and hugged you putting her little arms around your neck and trying to hold on tight. She let go and ran towards the playground again. Just then you got a text from your husband. He was at work and wished he could hang out with you two. You smiled and texted him back. And put your phone back in your purse. You watched Minsuh run around the playground having fun with other little kids. While sitting there you suddenly felt two hands cover your eyes. You started laughing because you knew it was your husband. 

"Guess who?" He said in a deep voice trying to disguise his real voice. 

"Um I'm not sure" Just then you heard your daughter yelling Appa. He moved his hands from your face and crouched down to pick up his little girl. 

"Hello Princess" he said and gave her a big kiss on the cheek. 

"Appa! Aren't you supposed to be working?" She said with a big smile on her face. 

"I left early to spend the day with you and Omma" he said and put down Minsuh. 

"YEAH!" She said with a big smile on her face and started dragging him towards the playground. You watched smiling at how cute they were. Minsuh was a daddy's girl and loved spending time with him. After 20 minutes of running around with her your husband walked towards you while Minsuh found new friends to play with. When he reached you he kissed you lightly on the lips. 

"Tired already?" You teased. He sat down next to you and gave you a look. 

"I always forget how much energy she has" he said still out of breath. 

"Or that we're getting old" You both laughed. He leaned over and picked up your hand. He kissed it lightly and intertwined your fingers and layed his head on your shoulder. You loved these little moments. Even though you've been married for 5 years you both acted like you were still newlyweds. After talking about each other's days your daughter started walking towards you looking tired. 

"Do you want to go home?" She nodded her head cutely and put out her hands for you to pick her up. You pulled her up onto your lap and she layed her head on your shoulder. 

"Yeah we should get going it's getting dark" Your husband said. You put your daughter in the stroller while your husband grabbed your bag. You both started walking towards the parking lot. Your daughter sat in the stroller playing with a little ball you bought her a couple days ago. You kept having to stop and pick it up every time she dropped it. While talking and laughing, your husband looked over at you and bent down to your ear. 

"That guy sitting on the bench is staring at you" he whispered in your ear. He wasn't the type to show your relationship off by pulling you in for a kiss or to cause a scene if a guy was staring at you. You look over to the guy sitting and you froze. You couldn't believe it. Kim Yu Kwon was sitting there and staring at you. The guy who broke your heart 7 years ago. You haven't seen him since the night he broke up with you. "Are you ok?" Your husband stopped and looked at you with concern. You broke out of your trance and looked at him. 

"Yeah" you said smiling up at him. He looked at you confused but didn't question it and kept walking. As you were approaching your ex your heart beat increased. You prayed he didn't say anything to you. You tried to avoid eye contact but you couldn't resist and looked at him. He was still staring at you. You looked away quickly. Just then your daughters ball flew out of the stroller and rolled right towards him. You walked over with your husband a couple feet away. Yu Kwon bent over and retrieved the ball to give it to you. 

"Hey" he said with a smile. You looked up as you took the ball back.

"Hey" You said with a smile. You weren't mad at him anymore. After finding your husband and falling in love with him you forgot all about Yu Kwon. You'd be lying if you said you never thought about him once in a while.

"So your married and have a daughter" he says looking back at your husband and daughter.  You couldn't read his expression. 

"Yeah what about you?" 

"No. I haven't really had a serious relationship since you" he looked at you and you felt your heart beat faster. 

"Oh" was all you said and Yu Kwon looked at someone behind you and extended his hand. 

"Hey I'm Yu Kwon. An old friend of (YN)" With those last words he looked at you. Your husband extended his hand and shook his. 

"Hi I'm (YN) husband" Yu Kwon bent down and looked at the little girl in the stroller. 

"And what's your name cutie?" He said to your daughter. 

"Minsuh" Your daughter said. Yu Kwon looked at you and smiled. When you guys talked about getting married and having children you always wanted to name your daughter Minsuh. 

"That's such a cute name. Well I think I should get going. It was nice seeing you (YN). And it was nice meeting you" He said. 

"Yeah it was nice meeting you too" your husband said.

"I'll see you around" With that Yu Kwon took one more look at you and turned away.  When he was right next to you he whispered. "I'm sorry" it was barely audible because he didn't want your husband to hear him. He didn't stop but kept walking the other direction. You guys continued walking. 

"You never told me about him" Your husband said. 

"There's nothing to tell. We went to the same high school" you said smiling at your husband. You didn't want to tell your husband of your heartbreak. You were happy with what you had now. You turned around to get one last look at Yu Kwon. He had his back to you and he turned around slowly. You both looked at each other and he waved. You turned back around.