Chapter 7 The reason

Why is it so hard to let go?

The night before she left

Jessica’s POV:

“Hey why didn’t you pick up the phone before? Anyway forget about it that is not important now. Jess, you got it! Uncle Jung called to say you got the part, he has made arrangements for you to go to Korea” initially I couldn’t hear what Suho was trying to tell me over the phone only because Amber was distracting me. His blatant affectionate kisses were too much for me to handle, heavily affecting my whole body. But once I got bits of what Suho was saying, a tingling feeling of excitement rushed through my body, different from the feeling I had at the time of my lustful thoughts for Amber. “Oh my gosh! I got the part!!” I screamed ecstatically in my head, my singer career was about to kick off and I could think about was being reunited with my parents again. All those days packed with vocal coaching paid off, I can finally leave my cheerleading groupie for good.

 

Before I could respond to Suho, Amber stopped his kisses and that gave me an empty feeling at the pit of my stomach. He was being such a gentlemen as he left me on my own to finish up with the phone call. I watched as Amber exited the kitchen into the living room before responding to Suho. “I got it? Really? I can’t believe this” keeping my voice low, not to get Amber worried. I could hear the hype behind Suho’s voice before he replied, “Yes! And he said you are leaving tomorrow” my heart sank the moment I heard him.

 

My hands felt weak as I lowered the phone from my ear, “Tomorrow” breathing was starting to get difficult and my eyes threaten to swell up. I hung up on Suho just as he asked if I was alright. I held the phone against my chest for a moment and texted him after, “Sorry, I’ll talk to you later” I scrolled through my messages and opened a recent one from mum congratulating me about SM entertainment picking me to be in their new female girl group. I smiled, knowing how proud she must be but I couldn’t help it as tears started falling down my cheeks. I immediately wiped them away and cleared my throat.

 

I just stood by the door frame watching Amber intensively staring at the TV, oblivious of my presence. I let out a soft sigh before approaching him, careful not to show him my face; I crawled onto the couch and laid myself against him. His warmth engulfed me once again, reminding me of what I would be missing when I leave. And a tear escaped the corner of my eye as I drifted off to sleep in his arms. 

 

I'm sorry for not updating for 3 days but all in good reason, I had company staying over and that took up quite some time. Once again thanks for the subs!