Chapter 2

My Sleeping Beauty


The day flew by again, and Kyuhyun dropped her off. Her three aunts greeted her with smiles and cheers. It was going to be her birthday soon, and her aunts knew it. As soon as she got home, they tried to rush her out.

"VIC SWEETIE!!! Don't you have some homework to do?" One of them asked.

"Um, yes, but I was planning to-"

"Why don't you go to Kyuhyun's house and do your homework with him??!!" The other one suggested.

"Wait, but auntie-"

"Hurry! We just want you to be the top of your class. Go to him, and hang out a little. Do homework, play, talk, or whatever. It will do you good." They told her as they pushed her out.

"Oh, and don't talk to strangers." They reminded her as they gave the final push to get her out the door.

"Aunties!" She protested, but it was too late, they had already slammed the door shut. Victoria rolled her eyes and smiled. Her aunts could be so weird sometimes. She reached into her pocket and took her phone out.

"Hello?"

"Kyu ah, my aunts kicked me out, can I come over?" She asked.

"Aw, little Vic got kicked out again? Sureeeeeee. You know you're always welcomed." He told her teasingly.

"Stop smirking, I can feel it Cho Kyuhyun, but thanks anyway. Be right there." 
She said before she hung up. 

She started down the familiar road to his house. It would take about fifth teen minutes by foot, but she was too used to it. About five minutes down a black car came to her side and stopped. 

"Hey!"

She turned to see Changmin. Vic just ignored him and kept walking, but his car slowly followed her.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm not allowed to talk to strangers."

"I'm not a stranger! We go to the same school!"

"I wish you were... What do you want?"

"Tell me, where are you going?"

"Somewhere happy?"

"No, give me a more specific place."

"Why do you want to know?" She asked annoyed with him.

"You better answer me before I snatch into my car and go who knows where." He threatened her.

She sighed,"Fine! I'm going to Kyuhyun's house, now leave me alone."

She started to walk again, when he opened the door and picked her up like a bride. She yelled out in surprise, but he shoved her into the car before she could do anything and got in himself. 

"Drive."

The driver obeyed and pressed at full speed. Victoria glared at him,"Yah! I thought you said you weren't going to do that!"

"Look, I'm going to Kyuhyun's house anyway, plus it would take ten minutes at the mleast for you to walk to his house under this scorching sun. Now, I can't let a lady do that."

"You can to me! Look, I get that you're a lady's man and all, and you act like a cold hearted prince to be cool,but it's not going to work on me. Kyuhyun tried everything years ago, so don't bother."

"I'm not trying, just enjoy the car ride since you're in here anyways. Oh, and now that you're in here,"

"By force," she added,"Can this count as kidnapping?"

Changmin sighed in annoyance,"No,and as I was saying, I have met you before?" He asked.

"Maybe in a dream."

"I mean realistically! Song, I'm serious, I feel like I met you before. It's feels like a dream, but I don't think it is." Changmin mumbled.

Victoria scoffed,"Ha. You're hallucinating."

While they were talking, they had arrived at Kyuhyun's mansion. The gates immediately opened upon seeing Changmin's car. Kyuhyun rushed out in confusion,"Shim! Vic! How are you guys in the same car?"

He rushed to Victoria's side and looked her over,"Did he hurt you? Was he acting weird? Did he seem like a robot?"

"He kidnapped me, but aside from that, it's fine." She answered him.

"Kidnap? Yah, are you crazy Shim? How could you kidnap my princess?" Kyuhyun asked him.

"I'm not your princess Cho Kyuhyun." She protested, but both of them ignored her.

"For your information, she would have walked for ten minutes under this sun if I hadn't kidnapped her. I won't accept your thank yous, but don't make me the bad guy." Changmin defended himself.

"Really?" Kyuhyun asked her in disbelief. Victoria just rolled her eyes and walked inside his home.

"Is she allowed to do that?" Changmin asked, pointing to her disappearing figure.

"Try and stop her. Anyway, what brings you here? Just Vic?"

"I guess so. I feel like I saw her before, when I was young. Do you know anything about her past? Where did she come from? Family? Any siblings?"

"Whoa, slow down. You have enough money to find things out about people more than a hundred times and over. Do it yourself Shim, plus she didn't tell me anything, and I didn't bother and ask." Kyuhyun said before walking in, but he stopped for a second,"But as I friend that is very VERY curious about her past, but does NOT want to get beat up by her, start in China, that's all I can say." He closed the door with a smirk.

"Thank you." Changmin said also smirking.

-------------------------------

Kyuhyun went in and found Victoria sitting on his bed,"Well, someone looks comfy." He commented.

"I heard that."

"What?" He asked, suddenly very nervous.

"I heard, and I quote 'But as a friend that is very VERY curious about her past, but does not want to get beat up by her, start in China, that's all I can say' really? You really think I would have stayed back and listened to what you idiots are going to talk about?" She said with a satisfied grin.

"Darn that too good ear of yours. Are you going to beat me up for telling him to start  in China?" He asked.

"No, I'm curious to see what he can dig up. Aren't you?" Victoria said talking her homework out.

"Yes, but you can say I'm more scared now. You're not the person to be this understanding. WHERE'S MY VICTORIA YOU MONSTER?!?!?" he screamed out.

Victoria scoffed and threw her fold at him, which he caught,"There she is." He said grinning.

"Come in, let the ice prince do his work while we do out homework." Vic said throwing a pencil at him, which he caught again.

"Aw, can you do my homework for me? Pretty please?" Kyuhyun begged with puppy eyes.

"No!" She threw pillow at him this time, and it succeeded in smacking him right on the face.

-------------------------------------------------------

Changmin was riding back home, wondering about what Kyuhyun said. He could have never guessed that she was from China. She spoke Korean almost better than him, got better marks than he did, and she looked Korean. How was he supposed to know?

The short time he was riding in the car, he had sent about three of the most intelligent people to find out about her past. When he got home, he found a stack of papers about her, but in the hands of his stepmother.

"Changmin ah, what is this?" She asked.

Changmin snatched the papers from her,"Didn't I tell you not to touch my things?" He said coldly, going to his room.

His mother tried to stay calm,"I'm sorry sweetheart. I'll try to be more careful next time. Well, dinner will be at seven."

"I'm not going to eat with you people for the millionth time." He said before slamming his door shut.

He let out a frustrated sigh, "Why did that woman have to come into my life?" He sat down on his chair and began reading the papers. Her real name was Song Qian, born in China, came to Korea when she was about thirteen years old, father work as a constructer, mother works as a child care helper, lives with three aunts, and her birthday is coming up in a few days. 

"Qian, that's a pretty name. China huh? I've been to China. Interesting."

He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialed Kyuhyun's number. He picked up after two rings.

"Hey Cho. So I found about that girl's past and-"

"Wow, that was faster than I thought." 

"SONG?!?!? What are you doing picking up someone else's phone? That's rude you know!" He shouted.

"So is kidnapping someone! Anyway, Kyuhyun has his hands covered in paint, so he can't pick up anyway, I'm curious though, what did you find out?" She asked.

"First of all, I did not kidnap you for the fifth time! Second, why is his hands covered in paint? And third, why should I tell you what I found out?" He said.

"First, it is kidnapping, Kyuhyun looked it up. Second, we were messing around, and it just happened that way. Third, you should tell me because I WAS THE ONE WHO YOU SEARCHED, SO I AT LEAST HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND OUT!!!"

"Geez, fine! Your name is Song Qian, your father is a constructer, and your mother is a child care helper. You came here when you were thirteen and now you live with your three aunts."

"Hm... That's a lot less than I thought." She said,"Great job though. Oh, here comes Kyuhyun. Yah, stop giving me that smirk Cho Kyuhyun. It's just my name and some other stuff."

There was a small pause, and Kyuhyun's voice came over the phone,"What up? TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!!!!!!"

"Somehow I understand why you two are friends. Her name is Song Qian-"

"Song Qian? VIC!!!! THAT IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL NAME~~~~~~" Kyuhyun screamed. Changmin could hear Victoria telling him to shut up and couldn't help but chuckle.

He told him the rest of the information, and Kyuhyun ranted on about how smart she was to come to Korea. 

"All right, well, that's it for now Cho. The witch is calling again, I need to go." Changmin told him.

"Fight bravely soldier." Kyuhyun said.

"Sure."

He hung up and went outside with his book bag. His stepmother was waiting at the dinner table, setting up the food.

"Ah, Changmin, eat the food while it's still hot. I made it myself! I think it tuned out okay, why don't you have a try?" She said smiling at him.

"Why are you so acting nice today? Usually when father isn't here you treat me like a piece of trash. There's something you want isn't there?" He said.

His stepmother's smile dropped in an instant,"Who was that girl in the papers?"

"So that's what you wanted to know. She's a no one, just goes to the same school as me. She was so bratty and annoying that I had to find out how in the world she came to be. If that's all you wanted then..." He mock saluted her and walked to the door.

"Your father and I are married whether you like it or not! Your mother is dead!" She screamed out, making him stop.

"My mother may be dead, but a dead mother is a hundred times better than you old witch." He spat before walking out.

The sun was setting about now, and he decided to go to the park. He found a good bench to sit on and took out his notebook. He started to draw dancing figures or music notes while listening to music. It was calm for about thirty minutes, when someone suddenly snatched his notebook from him.

"Aish, yah!"

"Stars that shine brighter than the sun aren't compared to the light that you give to me. Did you write this?"

Victoria sat next to him,"Your notebook is the same as mine. Seems like you're a composer too."

"Give that back," he said snatching it away from her,"What are you doing here? I thought you would go straight home after you leave Kyuhyun's."

She scoffed,"How could I pass by seeing that giant crowd of girls there? Of course I knew it had to be you."

Changmin looked over to see the girls squealing and taking pictures,"Crap. If pictures of you and me sitting together gets sent then-"

"Don't worry, I got this." Victoria said getting up,"Yah, how old are you guys?" She asked them.

"14." X14

"13." X7

"15." X9

"Does your parents know that you're all here fan girling over some rich prince?" They shook their heads.

"Well, that friend over there can call your parents in less than a second and tell them what you're doing right now. So go and delete those pictures and hurry home." As soon as she said that, they all scurried away.

"Scary...How do you know it they are going to delete it?" He asked her.

"They better. I have good memory, I should be able to remember their faces." She told him proudly.

"Sure..."

"So what brings you here ice prince?"

"Stop calling me that. I came here because I wanted to get away from everything. My father, my stepmother-... Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes. I'm guessing no one knows you have a step mother."

"Song, I swear I'm going to kidnap you forever this time if you tell anyone about this." He threatened.

Vic laughed,"I'm not one of those girls. I'm also guessing that your step mother ?"

"Yes..." 

"Deal with it ice prince. Life's all about that. There will be mountains coming your  way, and there's no way to go the easy way around. You just have to climb that mountain with all your strength. Climb one, another, and another until your get to your goal, not anyone else's. Once you do, it will be smooth path for the rest if the way." She told him looking up at the sky.

"Mountain climbing?"

She sighed,"Tell me once you get it okay? I have to go, see you at school ice prince!"

Changmin watched her walk away until he couldn't see her anymore. Maybe what she said was a little more than mountain climbing.