Chapter 1

My Sleeping Beauty

"I'm so sorry sir and madam. Sadly, Qian won't have a long life."

Mrs.Song looked in confusion,"What do you mean doctor? How could she not have a long life?"

"You see. You're daughter has a very rare form of cancer. She will grow up normally like any other child, but it will continue to grow in her heart."

"Is...is there nothing you can do about it? Please... She's my only daughter." Her father pleaded.

The doctor just shook his head,"I'm sorry. There nothing that this whole world could do."

"When will she be gone?"

"Only God knows that. She may die tomorrow or if we're lucky, in years. However, no matter what, she will never live to be 18. The best you can do for her is to give her the best life possible during her few lives. I believe it is best not to tell her about her sickness. Let her enjoy life."

The devastated parents nodded and walked out the office door, crying for their poor daughter's fate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully, Qian did not die the next day. In fact, she grew to be a beautiful young girl. On each birthday, her parents made a big celebration. Although they weren't rich, they made enough to be happy and be classified as a middle class family. Qian never knew why they had to make her birthday such a big deal. She was only turning older after all. Her parents never told her of her sickness, and let her grow with love just like any other child. She loved fairy tales, especially Sleeping Beauty, and she would beg her mom to read it for her every night.

Qian was modest and sweet. Although she wasn't weak as other girls, despite her cancer, she was just a normal girl. The doctor had told them that her cancer will not affect how she grows. As much as it was rare, it was also very complicated. When she turned thirteen  years old, Qian told her parents that she wanted to live in Korea. Startled, her parents had asked her why, she had answered them to the fullest extent.

A few years ago, Qian had heard a piece of music that she had fallen in love with. It turned out that it was from Korea. Since then, she had an interest of music, but where she lived couldn't offer many choices of music study for her. Reluctant, but willing to make their daughter happy, her parents agreed. Thankfully, three of her mother's sisters lived in Korea. Within a week, Qian was ready for a new life. Her aunts met her eagerly at the airport. Welcomed her with hugs and kisses and quickly took her home. Since then, she tried her best to learn Korean, which she picked up very fast, and focused on her studies in music and dance.

At first, she never got along with anyone. To them, she as an outsider that no one wanted to get near. Qian never wanted to get near them either. They behind her back, but she always heard every word. One day, she had come crying to her aunts after many days of being teased because of her name. With permission from her parents, they made her a new name: Victoria Song. It was because they always wanted their little niece to be victorious. With her new name, she became more confident, but still made no progress with friends. 

One day, a new boy moved into the neighborhood in the biggest house that Victoria had ever seen. Every child went to see their new neighbor, but Victoria had no interest in the new boy. She stayed where she was in the town park with her headphones and her notebook. Soon, the new boy had been dragged to the park by the other girls. They paid no attention on her, but he did. Shaking the other girls off, he walked to where she was sitting. Seeing the shadow falling upon her, Victoria took off her headphones and looked up.

"Hi. My name's Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun. You know, the Cho Corporations? It's one of the biggest companies in Korea. I'm sure you know."

"No. I don't know, and I don't care."

Kyuhyun was shocked, never did a girl or any person treated him this way.

"Are you sure? If you look at my handsome face more closely, I'm sure it will ring a bell."

As instructed, Victoria sighed and gazed closely at his face.

"Still doesn't ring a bell. Too bad. Now can you leave me alone? I have work to do." She gazed back at the notebook and put her headphones on again. 

Kyuhyun decided that he liked this girl. 

Day after day, Kyuhyun would find Victoria in her usual place at the park, and every day, Kyuhyun went to her and talk to her. At first, she ignored him completely, but slowly, she began to open up to him. A few years passed, and they were inseparable. They even got accepted to the same school since they had the same passion for music. They had attended the same schools before this because Kyuhyun begged his parents, but each year, Victoria got the same fears about knowing no one in her new classes.

"Kyuhyun ah.... I'm scared about the going back to school. What if I don't know anyone in the new class? What if they hate me?" Victoria asked before their first day of school.

"What makes you think that Vic?"

"You know why. You knew when you first moved in..." She pouted.

Kyuhyun chuckled,"All I knew when I first moved in was that there was a girl who actually didn't care about me. Relax. Tomorrow will be fine. They can't do anything to a goddess like you."

Victoria smiled,"I can't wait to see Yunho sunbae again. He was so nice and caring!"

"Yunho Hyung is always like that. Too nice for my liking."

"You're not nice to anyone."

"Except girls and you."

"I'm not considered a girl?"

"Nope."

Victoria huffed and continued to draw music notes on the paper. The day pasted quickly, and it was time for their first day of school. Kyuhyun had insisted on picking her up on their way, so she had no choice but to agree. As soon as they stepped out of the car, Kyuhyun was surrounded by screaming girls. Used to this, Victoria just slipped away like she usually did. She was on her way to the inside of the building when a group of girls stopped her.

"Who do you think you are?"

A girl with soft brown hair looked at her with pure hatred.

"Victoria Song." She answered.

Right away, Victoria knew that these girls meant danger. Maybe this was where her bullying would start for the new year.

"Well Victoria Song. Who do you think you are to ride in the same car with my prince?"

Victoria leaned her head to the side,"Your prince?"

"Yes my prince!! Cho Kyuhyun! How could you, a poor ugly looking girl be in the same car as him!? That's just against nature!" She yelled at her.

Victoria sighed,"Well, that Prince of yours is my friend. Oh don't worry, I won't take him away from you, I'm not interested. Just leave me alone."

Victoria was about to shoulder past them when the girl grappled her arm and pushed her back. Victoria sighed again, but with annoyance. She was a third degree black belt in karate and could flip this girl right now. Calm yourself Qian.

"Look here. I'm Jung Eunji, the daughter of Jung entertainment! You may not know me because you were in the West Wing, while I was in the East Wing, but let me tell you some things. I rule this school, so don't you dare mess everything up. You don't know what could be coming after you if you do little girl."

Victoria was about to snap back when Kyuhyun came running her way.

"Vic!!!!!!!!!!! How could you leave me there? You know we have the same exact schedule, and I asked you to walk with me in the car!" Kyuhyun pouted.

Eunji, dying of the fact that her prince was pouting for the girl, tried to calm herself and put on huge smile.

"Kyuhyun ah~~~~"

Kyuhyun ignored her and grabbed Victoria's hand,"Come on! We don't want to be late for our first day!" He said happily as he dragged her away.

Eunji huffed in annoyance,"I'll get you Cho Kyuhyun. You'll be mine!" She declared as she looked at them disappear.

Kyuhyun dragged Victoria all the way to their first class. Victoria was still in a daze after meeting Eunji, so Kyuhyun just introduced themselves to their teacher for the both of them. Kyuhyun made Victoria sit down next to him.

"Don't mind her. She's a princess, literally. She was raised like one and is treated like one. She loves me, but don't worry I'll always save my heart for you." He said smiling to her.

Victoria glared at him,"No thank you."

The bell finally rang, and the teacher got ready to start class when the door opened again. Eunji walked in, but behind her was another boy. Eunji, who was smiling like an angel, ushered him in. She would have stood next to him all day if it weren't for the teacher telling her to seat down.

"This is our new student Shim Changmin." The teacher introduced.

"THE SHIM CHANGMIN OF THE POSEIDON CORPORATIONS?!?!?!?!?" A girl screamed out.

"Yes, yes... Well, as I was saying, he will your new classmate starting from today. Introduce yourself to them Changmin."

"Hey, I'm Shim Changmin. Don't bother with me, and I won't bother with you." He told them coldly.

"Yes...haha... Well, since we got the introduction out of the way, let's find a seat for him shall we?"

During the introduction, Victoria hadn't lifted her head and worked on her notebook. Sadly, she didn't notice the empty seat next to her either. The school's classroom was so big that unlike regular classrooms, which had desks by twos, it had it by threes. Kyuhyun sitting at the far side, Victoria in the middle, and one empty seat next to her.

"Ah, there it is. Seat next to Victoria. Victoria? Please raise you hand."

Victoria looked up in surprise, but she didn't need to say anything,"I'm not blind. I see the only empty seat in the classroom." He told the teacher as he walked to her.

The kids gasped in surprise of his coldness, but the girls fell for him more. Victoria just shrugged and went back to her notebook. Changmin just sat down and looked straight at the board. Kyuhyun just chuckled to himself as he saw his attitude. After the hour and a half lesson, the bell rang again for a ten minute break session. The kids filed out of the classroom, leaving just a few kids crowding around Changmin.

"Changmin ah~~ Welcome to our school. I'm sure you know me, Jung Eunji right? Here, let me take you to a tour of our school later!" She squeaked out.

"I don't need it. Can you people just leave me alone?" He asked them.

"Sure! If that's what our prince wants! Does our Prince Kyuhyun want anything too?" One of the girls asked.

"The same thing. Leave please." He said acting cute.

The girls nodded furiously and left  in a breeze, leaving the three there. Changmin eyed Victoria,"Aren't you leaving?"

"I don't have a reason to." She answered.

Kyuhyun laughed,"Don't bother trying Shim. She's impossible."

"You know her Cho?"

"She's my princess." He said patting her head.

Victoria shrugged his hand off and out her pencil down,"You guys know eachother?"

"Sadly yes," Kyuhyun said shaking his head sadly. "You guys should get to know each other too! Shim! This is Victoria Song, Vic, this is Shim Changmin." Kyuhyun introduced them.

Changmin was about to say that he doesn't care, but she beat him to it,"I don't care. We're probably not going to talk anyways. Break's almost over, you two talk, but leave me out of it." She told them.

Changmin was shocked, he thought that every girl should like him since he was rich and handsome. This girl was different, Changmin could feel it.

"That's my Vic. Cold to people she doesn't know. Haha. If we put you two together, we can freeze the world!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

The bell rang, and the students filed in the room again. The lesson was over, and Victoria led Kyuhyun out this time, excited to meet Yunho.

"YUNHO SUNBAE!!!!!" She screamed as she jumped to his arms.

Yunho chuckled and let her down carefully,"I missed you Vic. How are you? Do you like your new classmates? Teachers? Classes?" 

"Slow down sunbae ^^. Everything's the same as usual since Kyuhyun told the school to make our schedules the same again. He's so annoying!"

"Hey! It's your fault for not protesting every time! Anyway, how are you Yunho Hyung."

"Good. I heard Changmin's back."

"You know that Changmin kid too?" Vic asked wide eyed.

"Yeah. All the heirs to some company knows him. He's a cold kid, but if you get to know him, he'll be sweet enough to be considered warm. Don't judge him too harshly will ya Vic?"

"I think he's a brat, but it doesn't matter. He and I only have one class so far together, and I won't talk to him anyway. Do you want to have lunch together sunbae?" She asked after finishing her declaration.

"Sorry, but I have student council meeting today, but I promise we will tomorrow all right?" Yunho told her as she pouted.

While Yunho went to his meeting, Kyuhyun and Victoria went to lunch together. After the class with Changmin, they had history, composing practice, dance, and drama. They had a few more classes left after lunch, and they both couldn't wait to go home. As usual, Kyuhyun swatted the jealous girls away and sat at their usual spot next to the tree. While they ate lunch, they spotted Changmin under attack by Eunji and her crew.

"Vicky...."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?!?!?"

"No!"

"I'll take it as a yes."

"Yah!" 

Ignoring Victoria, Kyuhyun walked over to Changmin. Upon his approach, the girls formed a way for him to walk through. Looking over his shoulder, he saw Victoria huffing in annoyance.

"Hey Shim. Wanna come and sit next to me?" Kyuhyun asked grinning.

"No."

"You two are the same." He said before grabbing his arm and lunch and dragging him to where he and Victoria were sitting. Vic had taken her notebook and headphones out again. She didn't acknowledge his presence as he sat down.

"Vic."

"..."

"Vic."

"..."

"VICTORIA SONG!!!!!!!!!~~~~~"

"..."

Kyuhyun knocked the headphones off her head,"Yah!"

"There, now you can listen to me. Try and be nice to him Vicky. It will be nice to have more friends."

"I don't need friends." Changmin told Kyuhyun, while eyeing Victoria.

"Saids the person who comes whining to me and Yunho Hyung saying that he's lonely." Kyuhyun with a puppy face.

"Watch it." Changmin muttered.

"CHANGMIN AH~~~~~~" 

They all turned to see Eunji running up to them. She had fought all the others back and came alone. She ran to them at first, but when she was near enough, she walked the rest of the way like the elegant princess she is.

"Kyuhyun and Changmin ah, why don't you come over here and have lunch with us? It's much quieter and much much nicer than the table you're sitting at right now." She said batting her eyes cutely.

"They're all the same princess."Vic muttered under her breath. She thought no one heard her, but Changmin did, and he couldn't help but chuckle. Victoria eyed him weirdly, but let it go.

"You're so kind Eunji, but-" Kyuhyun started.

"Go. I have to go early for something anyway. Have fun eith your princes princess." Victoria said casually before gathering her things and walking out. Kyuhyun chuckled,"I guess we're free."

"Not we. I have something to do also. You go Cho and have fun." Changmin said before following Victoria out.

"Traitors." Kyuhyun whispered with a smile while Eunji happily dragged him away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria was walking down to her locker to get books for her next class. She unlocked it and opened it. As she was putting her books in her bag, her locker door slam shut and revealed Changmin. Victoria, who was starled by the sudden slam, let out a angry sigh and turned her back on him, on,y to be turned back again.

"What?" She asked angrily.

"Come with me for a minute." He said as he started to drag her, but she untangled their arms.

"I have to get to class." She said.

"Class doesn't start for another thirty minutes. You'll be fine." He said as he grabbed her arm again and managed to drag her out despite her protests.

He dragged her out to the back of the school where no one lurked around. He didn't know why he was doing this either, this wasn't like him. He was the cold ice prince that could freeze a room, but so was she. She was unexpectedly cold to him when no other girl was. This tugged at him, there was only one girl that ever dared to be cold to him.

Changmin let her hand go after a moment and found her glaring at him.

"What?" He asked.

"What? Really? Are you asking because you really don't know or are you just stupid?"

"...."

"Look, I don't know why you drag me here, but I have to go. I was going to do something before you dragged me here. Not everything revolves around you you know." She informed him, but he stopped her.

"You really don't know me?" He asked.

"How should I know you? I'm gonna go." 

This time, he let her go, mentally slapping himself for acting like a total idiot. He sighed as he followed her footsteps a little later and walked back to the school. However, there was still this thing that tugged at him. Thinking of something, he went to the main office.

A/N

Yay first chapter! ^^ I know it's no the best, but please go easy on me. ^^