Week 1

We Are Engaged (Really?)

(Day 1)

 

From tomorrow, you will be his fiance to keep your mouth shut.

 

I wake up because of the words keeps coming to my mind and by the way…. where am I? This place feels strange and i didn’t go to this place before. Who’s got me here?
“Oh so you’re awake?” said the ahjusshi come nears me, “Good morning, this is Chansung’s residence. You’re his fiancée remember?”
Ah great now I‘m totally remember. Last night I saw that new rookie idol was drunk and messing around. I’m was the witness and this uncle….. this uncle was his manager who force me into this fake engagement meanwhile i have to find my brother and mother due to appa’s order. And now i’m stuck in this place.
“Take a bath, get dressed and go to Chansung’s room. Prepare some breakfast for him and…. the ingredients were on the fridge.” He says while repeatedly poking my shoulder.
“Please wait~” i said with whining voice, “Where’s the fridge? Where’s that man’s room?”
“Chansung’s room is on the next room, actually you’re in my room now but it’s okay you can use it.” Said the ahjusshi. “Is your question already answered? Then take a bath and wake him up ppali~!!”
Without a sound, I got up and went straight for the kitchen to cook. I opened the fridge carefully and find so much ingredients there. Wow….. it’s enough for 2 weeks if i life in this residence.
“Hey I said wake him up first and cook~!!” said the ahjusshi, “Are you deaf?”
“Oh sorry.” I bow and immediately go to his room, “Excuse me it’s already morning, please wake up.”
Suddenly the doors open and he surprised me with his appearance, “Em… who are you? Do we know each other?”
“Ah i forgot to greets you, em…. My name is Kim Junah.” I said it while bowing, the ahjusshi said that he’s having a bad temper so if I spoke informally to him… maybe I could die.
“Good Morning master… this is your fiancée from now on.” The ahjusshi came out from his room. “Because of your stupid manner while drunk, she witnesses your act so i have to keep shout. I make her as your fiancée.”
“Mwoya??” Chansung’s voice uprising, “Was our relationship already registered?”
“Don’t think that problems too deeply,” the ahjusshi cut his question. “At what time do you have to be in the gym? If you already take a bath then let’s wait her to cooks your breakfast.”
I ran to the kitchen and get some carrot, onion leaves, salt, a slice of meat and egg to make omelete. I guess that he’s glaring at me behind and it makes me nervous.
“Hey is it still long? Ppali i’m hungry~!!” suddenly he yells to me.

“Jakkamannyo….. the egg still uncooked well.” I said while concentrating.
“Whatever, I’m hungry!!” he said. Oh god can he just stop yelling? my ears hurts so much~~

 

—–O—–

 

(Day 3)

 

After a couple of tiring day, I wake up more early, take a bath, getting busy in the kitchen and tidying up. So… I hope he wont yell again today.
“Another scramble eggs? I don’t want it!! I want Bulgogi mix rice, cook it for me ppali~!!” and that’s his greeting to me this morning? Geez im wasting my time by hoping something useless.
This 24 years old man keeps yell, “Hey why can’t you cook quickly?! I’m hungry!”
“Please just wait,” I try to keep calm. He’s a celebrity and he’ll sue me if I punch him, “And why don’t you stop yelling? It’s just 6 o’clock and I’m not your servants, I’m your fiancee arra?”
Suddenly he’s laughing and smirking, “Fiancee? I didn’t even know your name. ah I think it doesn’t necessary either.”
I put a plate of bulgogi mix rice in front of him with a furrowed eyebrow. What an arrogant cheap celebrity who pretend to be a high class~!! What a shame
“Listen.” He look into my eyes and formally speaking.. “I don’t love you and I won’t love you because you’re not my ideal type okay?? I won’t responds to any feelings of yours so stop dreaming that you’ll be my real fiancee!”
That mouth….. feels like a thousand of rubbish come out from that lips. “Whatever, i didn’t do this because of you or I want it too. I do this because of your manager~!! Just eat calmly!”
I threw the apron and go to the kitchen for tidying up. In the fridge i saw a paper, hem… I guess this were his schedule.

 

07.00 AM Gym

12.00 PM Interview on TV

02.00 PM Office, Dance Practice

04.00 PM Fans Signing

07.00 PM Performance and Promoting

10.00 PM Office, Vocal Practice

*Taekwondo and Salsa dance every Saturday and Sunday

 

“What are you looking at?” suddenly he appears beside me, causing me had an heart attack. “Did you surprised with the schedule? Probably yes because you’re an ordinary people but I’m an idol so.. this is my daily activities.”
I’m nodding quietly and keep washing dishes. So…. Now I know He’s doing Taekwondo too, same as I am. “Nee since you’re a rookie star you must be have a thousand fans and busy promoting to keep your increasing your fans.”
“Yeah.” He keeps bluffing with his arrogant smile. “By the way its not spicy to me so I didn’t finish it, mian.” He slammed the plate on the washing dishes and leaving. Man… why is this kind of people were exist?
“Yak you’ve read that schedule right?” ask Chansung, “It means that I’ll always reach home late and you have to stay, don’t make me furious due to somebody’s breaking and entering my house.”
“Nee.” I said, “Emmmmm take this with you.” his face changed when I give him a banana juice on the bottle. Oh… he must be likes banana right? Nice trick to getting his nerves down someday.
“I’ll get going.” Answer Chansung shortly and disappearing from the front door. Ok by the way… where’s my cellphone? I have to check it if I got a message from the sunbaes.

 

—–O—–

 

(Day 5)

 

Thank god its Friday~ the end of the workday, so Chansung didn’t have to go out too early and we could chat a bit while having a cup of tea in the living room.
“Do you want some tea?” I put the cup in front of him before he answers so he can take it or leave it without irritating me. I stand beside his sofa and enjoy my tea.
“Why did you drink with your feet standing? Sit down~!!” suddenly he yells again. Huh looks like I’m getting used to it now.
I sat down far away from him so I hope he’ll stop yelling and complaining, “Do you want me to do something?”
“My friend will come at 2PM.” He said, “Prepare a nice lunch, The recipe book is on the bookcase and make it spicy arrasseo?”
“I have to meet my sunbaenim.. but at Sunday, Is it okay?” I asked timidly. He’s nodding while busy watching his variety programs on TV.
“Go, he will be there soon.” he said ignorantly meanwhile I took a recipe book and immediately went to the kitchen.

 

===O===

 

“Woah this Samgyetang is yummy~!!” said Junho, Chansung’s best friend who visited him today. “Who makes it? Is that a girl who greet me in the front door?”
I heard their chitchat from my room, Junho is Chansung’s bestfriend in the college. When they’re graduate, Junho running his father’s bussiness and Chansung pursue his career as an idol.

 

From: Udon sunbaenim

So… what happen to you both? what makes you become his fiancee? Marebwa~

 

Wooyoung sends me this message on Wednesday and I replying it so late because Chansung were busy ordering me to do everything he could.

 

To: Udon sunbaenim

It’s a long story…. I’ll tell you the day after tomorrow okay?

 

“Her name? hem….. I don’t remember it well.” Said Chansung a bit loud, “But… it’s not necessary because she’s just my maid.”
My heart hurt so much when he said that. I just can’t take my eyes from my cellphone and my tears falling slowly. That word was an insult to me, I know I am nobody to him but could he introduced me to another people with more appreciate?
“I know it’s hurt but I don’t have any choice. Mianhae~” said the ahjusshi who suddenly appear like a ghost, “You have to stay with him because….. you have to replace my position in the future.”
“I don’t want to, because I hate him~!!” I wipe my tears in disgust. “I’m on my mission to find my brother and after this 25 weeks, I will go no matter how hard you will cling on me.”

 

—–O—–

 

(Day 7)

 

Mianhae, I can’t do this anymore ahjusshi…. I will go to find my oppa soon

 

While I prepared my package and wash my face, I put that notes beside the sleeping ahjusshi on the living room.
“Hey do you know the code’s door?” asked Nichkhun via phone. My sunbaes are waiting in the station nears. After I say yes, I insert the door code.
“Mianhae… since I’m not somebody for you so I’ll get my out of here.” I said with a long breath, I hope he never find me in the street or else. I want to be free~ I don’t want to be scolded by anyone especially stranger and I’m not anyone’s maid.
After a 30 minutes walk, finally I found them, “Annyeong sunbaenim~ sorry for waiting. His residence were complicated so it took me long to get here.”
“Gwenchana.” Said Nichkhun, “So can we go?”
I nodded my head and our tour begins, “So…… where we have to go to find my oppa? Did you know my mission already? My father said that my brother is a great celebrity now, I only have that clue.”
“But there’s much celebrity with ‘Kim’ family name.” said Wooyoung, “It’ll be hard, why can’t we just having fun to somewhere like amusement park or else?”
“Good idea Wooyoung-ah.” Added Nichkhun, “Let’s go with the subway first.”

 

===O===

 

It’s has been 11 hours since I escape from that house, I feel free because nobody orders or yelling at me. I’m just happy with my two sunbaenims.
“Junah-ya jakkamannyo~” said Nichkhun, “We have to go to the toilet and we’ll be back fast okey?” their go to the toilet about 3 meter on the east and I’m alone again, hemmmh what can I do? can I just go buy an ice cream? Today is a hot day~
Suddenly someone close my mouth and dragged me into dark corner, I was panic and stabbed him in the ribs with elbow, but he could avoid it and I know he does martial art.
“Hey It’s me.” He opened his mask that covered his mouth and smiling, ah crap.. this rude man again~ “Who’s them? A stranger? It’s a dangerous to be alone with two man.”
“Why did you pretending to care?? You don’t know them and maybe you doesn’t want to know. By the way… you’re more like strangers to me.” Says me with an angry voice and keep struggling, but I think it’s a waste. “Go away! I don’t want to meet you and I could hurt you because I’m nobody to you!!”
I hold my tears remembering his harsh word that Friday, “You think I’m just your maid? I don’t think so, I’m not anybody’s slave so let me go~!! Go and get busy with yourself~!!”
“Mianhae.”
I stop struggle after he said that, what did he just say? “I don’t mean it, I’m just hiding you from Junho because he couldn’t know our current relationship right now right? I’m an idol, He could spoil our relationship even he’s my best friends.”
He releases my arm slowly and said, “Let’s go home. Im hungry and my manager’s cooking skill is not good as yours.”
Oh, I think he wants to eat my dishes but he culdn’t say it truthfully. Alright I will go with him and send messages to my sunbaes, I hope they wouldn’t panicking right now.