Week 0

We Are Engaged (Really?)

Oh man…. I missed that target, too tired to reach that.

“Hey what are you doing?” shouted the coach, “You’re a red belt, but why can’t you reach that?! Are you tired?”
I nodded my head and caused sweat spread anywhere, “Nee choisonghabnida. We already train for 2 hours without resting, my stomach kept rumbling.”
Coach walked over to me and sit, “What happen? Is your appa didn’t go home yesterday?”
“Nee you know him, missing due to his debts…” I said while wiping my sweat. “He didn’t come home since Friday, It’s already three days.”
“What a pity,” said coach while patting my shoulder, “Let’s eat in my house.”
I shook my head, “Gwenchana… just give me your leftover rice to me. Otte?”
“Okay if you don’t mind.” Said coach, “But lets finish today’s training.”

My name is Kim Junah. I’m a 20 years old girl who literally lives alone. I have a happy family back then but when I was 4 years old my mother left me with my father for another man. She said father doesn’t have much responsibility to keep our live happy, she can’t handle it anymore and go with my older brother. Yes, I have one but I don’t remember his name at all. I was a baby back then.
Father said that loves me a lot so he’s acted excessive when it comes about me, he debts many people to buy me something I wanted to. I always said to him that he doesn’t have to buy me anything and he can save his money to pay the debt. But he’s ignoring advice and keep debting. One day, a pair of muscle man come to my house and scolded him because he didn’t pay for 3 month. so after that he’s rarely come home.
‘I promise to make you happy and getting you into a good university’ he keeps said that when Im graduate, but he never kept his promise and dissapear.
“Junah-ya~~ are you home?” said someone's on interphone. I peep in and found Nichkhun with Wooyoung on the front door.
“Annyeong… woah I didn’t believe you two came to.” I said with smile because I missed them so much. They’re my sunbaenim and my best friends on High School, they’re always accompany me.
“I heard from your coach that you hadn’t eaten and yor father hasn’t been home since Friday.” Said Wooyoung, “So we bought you soup.”
“Gomawo~~” I take the soup and quickly reserve it, “Let’s eat together.”
They’re nodding and began to take a plate and fill it with the soup. Ah….. my stomach feels good because the soup still warm and having a dinner my best friends.
“I respect your patience, Junah-sshi.” said Nichkhun opened the conversation, “Maybe I’ll get angry and report my father to the police if I were you.”
“Me too.” Wooyoung added with a full mouth, “Perhaps because we’re men so we’re easy to lose patience.”
“I couldnt that because he’s my father and my only family member.” Answer me
“He makes you wait without a sure, you looks like be abandoned.” Wooyoung look at me with a concern eyes, “Why didn’t you find your mother and live with her?”
“I told you sunbaenim…. I just can’t.” I answered with a tough one. “Well lets check the TV, how about the news?”
I the TV and suddenly appearing a man with nice smile. Who’s that guy?

 

Annyeonghaseo, Hwang Chansung ibnida. It’s a great honor to be a rookie idol of the year, when I was a trainee I spent my time in acting on sitcom or movie. And I still didn’t believe that I’m a singer now, hahaha~

 

“Mwo? Is he a Korean? His face looks different from us.” Wooyoung chirps. “But I heard some rumor that he’s a badass idol. When he’s 18, he’s messing around due to alcohol abuse. I don’t believe our Entertainment world still hire him till now.”
“Yeah I heard that too.” Added Nichkhun, “Do you like him Junah-ya?”
“Hem? I don’t think so. He’s a rookie so maybe he’s a bit arrogant with the popularity.” Comment me, Hwang Chansung with the bad image, is that so? Ah….. why I’ve thinking about him, It’s just hard to struggle in a live alone like me.

—–O—–

Knock knock….
I heard someone knocking the door . I wonder who is it, maybe a prankster?
“Nuguseyo?” I yell from my room and take a peep, there’s an envelope on the floor, oh…. so that was just a postman. I take  the envelopes and open it.
“Huh? No money? I think its from him.” Said me with disappointment, “Maybe…. The money was inside this letter?”
I open the letter and read it..

 

Dear Kim Junah

Junah-ya.. mianhae, I won’t go back to our house for a long time.

 

My eyes popping out when I saw this word. HE LEAVES ME ALONE?!?!

 

I know you want to spend many times with me, but since your mother leaves us… I can’t take it anymore. So, find her. I have some information that your brother is a famous celebrity now. Find him and may God Bless You~



There’s no photos who described my brother’s face,  no notes about my brother’s name nor his address.
How can I find him~!!!!!

—–O—–

To: Coach

I left my house to find my brother and mother. Send me message if you want to meet me, because the apartment owner kicks me due to my father’s debt (again).

Wish me luck, fighting~!!

Ah…. Maybe this is not a good decision to go now but I have to find my brother quickly. I don’t want to be alone again, my neighbor keep gossiping about father’s case and keeps asking where’d he go so… I will leave now.
“Now….. where I have to go?” I look over the streets, “Should I take a bus to Seoul? To Wooyoung’s penthouse? Oh I hope he’s at home.” I begin walk to the crowd street to avoid the criminals. Ah, it’s been a long time I didn’t go out on the night and I rarely talk to people.
BUMP~!! Suddenly I heard somebody’s punch and kick something, there’s the sound of glass breaking too. Riding by curiosity then I take a look, Who’s that?

“Damn it! Why I can’t win against that Ok Taecyeon~?!” said that voice in the dark, “ I’ll destroy anything. what an annoying and irritating~!!”
Slow but sure, I approach that voice and finds a man destroys an empty house. After that…. Oh no he recognize me!
“Hey what do you looking at?!” shout that man, “Do you want to be destroyed too or you want me to break your nose?!”
With a cocky step he approach me, Oh my God is he drunk? Do I have to punch him back? Of course I can’t do that because It think he’s a celebrity~ but… what happen if I got punched by him? I prepared myself but suddenly he fell down and his body crushing into me. I tried to lift him but he’s too heavy. Aish ottokaji?!
“Oh Chansung-sshi?!” suddenly, another middle-aged man came and grab his collar. he puts him in the corner furiously while look at me “Yak! What are you doing?! You’re the only witness right? Come here hurry~!!”
He released that drunk man and grab my arm tightly, “Hey that hurts~!! What do you want?! I swear I wouldn’t tell anybody about that drunk celebrity okay?!” I tried to get away from him but suddenly he told me a shocking statement.
“No you wont go anywhere … from tomorrow you’ll be his fiancée to keep your mouth shout. I made this decision because he’s a new rookie star this year and I don’t want to see him down due to this accident okay? help me~ this is a serious request.”

 

What, His fiancée?? Is this uncle joking??  I didn’t even know about that drunk man~!!!!