Hidden Cameras

Paparazzi Next Door

Hidden Cameras

Jung Eunhye:

"Suho?" I ask as I stare at him from head to toe. This isn't part of the plan! I was going to plan the whole 'so we meet again' thing in a way that didn't seem suspicious. Now, here I am, meeting Suho again while yelling at a vending machine. Smooth, Eunhye, so freaking smooth... 

"You're our new neighbor?" he asks. Neighbor? How did he know that I live here? Did that guy in the elevator tell him? I pick myself up and smile at him.

"Yeah, I just moved in... didn't expect to see you here." I say and cross my fingers, hoping that he was naive enough to believe my lies. I may be blunt and straightforward but I'm a really skilled liar. It's practically in my nature; tricking people. Lying is the best way to get you out of trouble. It's another lesson that I had to learn the hard way back in Pyongyang.

"Well, I didn't expect to see you here as well." he smirks and my heart starts to beat rapidly. He was the last person I wanted to meet unintentionally because I didn't really know what to say to him. I mean, what would you think if the girl that you've just met in a coffee shop a few days ago suddenly moves in next door? Yeah, I'll be weirded out to. I start to panic as I find myself lost for words. What should I say? Should I ask him how he's doing? Should I just bow and walk away? "I see you're a big fan of coffee." he says and my eyes snap back up, waking me up from my trance.

"Coffee?" my eyebrows furrowed and he points at the vending machine behind me. "Oh right... coffee." I nod and he smirks turns into a smile. The last time we met we were drinking coffee and now we're meeting again... because of coffee.  

"You know, the members are really curious about you. They've been asking me how pretty you are ever since the whole--"

"Yeah! About that, I'm really sorry that I ignored your warning about fans seeing us. Your company had to deal with so much trouble because of me. It was stupid of me to talk to a KPOP idol in such a public place." I say quickly. I bow and began to walk away until he suddenly grabs my wrist to stop me. My eyes widen at his sudden movement. I turn to look at his face while he still has that same smirk again.

"Well, it was more stupid of me to drink coffee with a stranger so I guess we're even." he says and I was left speechless. I want to say something but I realize that he's still holding onto my wrist.

I feel like I ran out of words but I know I'm barely like this. Just keep calm, Eunhye...  Remember how I said that no matter how much I disliked relationships, I still had a for cute-looking boys. Suho is definitely one of them. I won't be a fake and admit it; he's definitely good-looking. Yah! Pull yourself together, Jung Eunhye. Be the girl that Suho met a few days ago.

"Even huh? Well, I guess that's fair enough. Your picture was perfect by the way and I added it to my portfolio. How have you been doing?" I ask and he smiles finally being able to make me feel comfortable again. The key to me is that I'm practically a chameleon. I'm good at changing colors and fitting in. I can be blunt and honest when I want to and I can be sweet and caring as well. It's a habit of mine; confusing people with my forever unsolvable personality. Besides, the more that people don't get you, the more they'll wish to know you more. 

"I've been good. Do you want to meet the members? They're just itching to--"

"No!" I yell and he seems surprised. Uh-oh... I clear my throat and politely smile at him. "I mean... are you kidding me? I look like crap and you want me to meet the great and mighty EXO." He chuckles at my words and I sigh inwardly.  

"Okay, I'll introduce you to them when I can then." Suho says and I nod. The vending machine suddenly starts working and my coffee is poured into the cup. I grab it immediately and turn to Suho. 

"See you later then!" I beam and came sprinting back to my apartment. I close the door behind me and sigh heavily. That was too close... I can't make a mistake like that again. 

I sit down on my sofa and start my planning. It isn't exactly new to me, the whole 'create a new identity' scheme. I've tried that trick back when I was in Pyongyang. I had to introduce myself as a different person to everyone I meet so no one could track me down. Although it was fun at first, it does get tiring when you live like a fugitive. You always hide from society and isolate yourself just to take a couple of photos. Well, that was the life I chose for myself. And I don't regret a single bit of it.

To start off my plan, I'll create a new identity to introduce to the EXO members. Let's see, first things first are that they know my real name. "My name is Jung Eunhye, a 21 year old photography student at Korea National University. My family and I moved here from Busan.  My dad is a contractor supporting me through college. My mom died of cancer when I was young. I have a younger brother named Daewong who goes to Seoul High School." That'll do, right? If they ask anything else then I'll just improvise.

Next step to my plan, get close to a specific member that is already vulnerable. Well, I guess this is the hard part. I've already chosen Byun Baekhyun. He's probably one of the most emotionally weak at the moment so he's the best choice. 

Plan starts tomorrow... It's gonna be a long day.


The next morning, I fixed myself to finally meet EXO. It was an advantage that I already know Suho so these members will probably be welcoming, right? I figured that I wouldn't need to view EXO M's profile because they promoted mainly in China so I'll just turn all my attention to EXO K instead. I sigh deeply as I hesitate to knock on the door. Uhmmm... maybe I should rethink this. I mean, would a group like EXO open their door to a random stranger who lives next door?

"Aish, if you guys weren't cute then I wouldn't even do this." I mumble to myself as I knock awkwardly. 

"Hyung! Someone's at the door!" I heard a male voice yell. Then I heard the shuffling and moving of objects and someone mumbling. "Aish... I swear you guys should clean up more..." the door opens and I see a tall boy with pale skin and straight face, his hair was blonde and messy. He probably just woke up. I recognize him as the boy with the awkward smile - Oh Sehun.

"Good morning!" I exclaim and smile at him. His face stayed the same and it seemed like he was annoyed as heck. I start to get a little nervous. "I'm Jung Eunhye, your new neighbor." I bow at him. He stares at me and I chuckle inwardly.

"Sehun. Call me Sehun. Why did you knock on our door at 6:45 in the morning?" he asks and I smile. This was going to be harder than I thought.

"No specific reason. I just thought that it would be polite of me to introduce myself to the people who I'll be living next door to." I say and he nods. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Sehun." I say.

"You too, Eunhye." he says coldly and I sigh.

Why did he have to open the door of all people? Why not someone who was friendlier like Suho!? Aish! I turn around and was about to start walking back to my apartment as I suddenly realize that a box lay in front of EXO's door. I pick it up and realize that it was a gift. It was wrapped in a red gift wrap and decorated by a yellow ribbon. "Don't mind those. They're just gifts from fans." Sehun mutters.

"Oh..." I mutter as I start to study the box.

I hand it over to Sehun and he smiles as he unwraps the pretty gift that the fans have left them. It was a cute teddy bear that held a pretty little heart to its chest. The words: 'To Kai oppa' were neatly embedded in blue to the heart. I narrow my eyes at the teddy bear's eyes that seemed to be put in a rather unusual position. The eyes were too far apart and there were markings left on the place where the teddy bear's eyes used to be located. 

"I better give it to Kai." Sehun says but I quickly grab the teddy bear from his grip.

"Wait." I say and start to study the suspicious looking bear. There's something wrong here. I can feel it. "Have you ever received toys like this before?" 

"All the time, fans love giving us soft toys." Sehun answers and I nod while studying the bears misplaced eyes. I caress the places where the markings were left and felt something hard or rather metallic stuck inside its head. I move my fingers and feel something smooth almost like glass, a lens... "What's wrong?"

"A camera," I mutter and Sehun's eyebrows furrowed. "There's a camera behind its eye." 

"W-What?" Sehun's eyes widen as he stutters. 

"Get me a pair of scissors." I say with all seriousness laced in my voice.

Sehun came sprinting inside to find some scissors while I stare at the bear. Someone's watching them. It was probably one of their sasaeng fans again. I read that EXO were one of the groups that had a very large number of them. I do find it quite ironic that I'm saving them from having their personal lives invaded while I myself am here to do the same thing. How ironic...

"Eunhye!" Sehun calls as he hands over a pair of scissors that he probably grabbed from the kitchen. Sehun watches as I carefully cut the bear's head and pull the camera out from the cotton that was inside. "Not another one..." Sehun whispers and I look at him.

"Things like this happen often?" I ask and he nods. Oh... poor boys. Even if I am here to stalk them, I don't think that anyone deserves to be watched by a person, let alone a random stranger, twenty-four seven. It really is a pity. 

"Yeah... How did you notice?" he asks and I smile. Try living like a fugitive for two years and you'll notice anything. 

"It's... a talent of mine." I answer shortly. He seems satisfied with my answer and smiles - that awkward smile again. I notice the camera was still in my hands so I throw it on the floor smashing it into two. "So I guess--"

"Do you want to come inside?" he asks. Bingo! Finally, the six words that I've been waiting for since I came knocking on this door. I purse my lips as if I was shy. I take a second to stare at the ceiling.

"Are you sure?" I ask. Of course, I couldn't agree right away. It would seem too suspicious.

"Yeah, and it's not like you're some sasaeng fan, right? I mean, the landlord wouldn't let you stay here if you were." he says and I smile. Maybe the landlord runs background checks on all his tenants. That was probably Miss Kim's connection.

"Sure! I would love to meet my new neighbors." I smile at him. He pulls me inside to see a hot mess of shoes scattered all over the floor. Clothes and other accessories were out of place. There was a weird smell coming from the kitchen and the voices of full grown men filled the room.  Is this even an apartment? It looks like a complete jungle. 

"Sorry about... you know the mess." he mutters staring at the ground. He looked really embarrassed to have pulled me into such an uncomfortable and dirty room. Well, they are all boys here so I guess that I shouldn't have expected a squeaky clean paradise. "I should’ve invited you when it was cleaner." he says as he bit his lower lip. I smile and shake my head.

"It's fine. It's not really that messy." I lied. It is really that messy. Nevertheless, I've seen worse. 

"They're in the kitchen. Come on!" he says as he walks to the kitchen. I follow after him, avoiding all the random things that were on the floor. Aish, if I ever come back then I'll have to make these boys clean up.

I could still hear the voices coming from the kitchen as I entered and saw ten boys chatting and eating their breakfast. I felt my heartbeat quicken as I saw the boys whose profiles I read. I was about to ruin their careers. My eyes search for Suho's figure and I found him making some toast, unaware of my presence in their apartment. Sehun signals me to come in and I oblige. They boys seemed to be caught up in their conversation so I awkwardly stood there. Sehun cleared his throat to gain their attention but it didn't work since their chatting was too loud. 

"Guys!" Sehun raised his voice but still nobody heard him. I chuckle at his efforts and sigh. "Our new neighbor's here!" Everyone suddenly turns to his direction and Sehun rolls his eyes. They all look at me and I glanced at Suho to see his furrowed eyebrows.

"Hello! I'm Eunhye, your new neighbor." I say and bow. They all remain silent and I feel myself fidgeting. They stare at me from head to toe and I gulp. "And you may also recognize me as the girl that was photographed in a cafe with Suho." I say and all their eyes widen, including Sehun. Suho smiles at me and looks at s' shocked faces. There was a moment of silence before one of them, who I recognize as Chanyeol speaks.

"Well, this must be an awkward second meeting then." he says. Actually, it's the third. I wanted to correct him but felt no need to do so. My eyes travel to Chanyeol's side and I see Byun Baekhyun. 

My target...


A/N: 

I am really really sorry for disappearing for a long time but the whole thing with Luhan confused me of this this story's flow and plot. Eventually, I decided that I'll just write what I'm thinking and forget about everything that's actually happening to EXO in real life.  This story would go on as planned and I'll try my best to not let the current news affect this whatsoever. The next chapter would probably Naerim or EXO centered. What do you think?

Comment what you think so far! :*