It's Her

Paparazzi Next Door

It's Her

Jung Eunhye:

"Well, that was unexpected." I mumbled when two of my neighbors a.k.a EXO members walked across the hall. The other one, who I recognized as the boy that I encountered in the airport had an expressionless face while the one that was running after him was sweating and panting while yelling something along the lines of 'Hyung, you turn back here this instant or I swear!'. I got some coffee from the vending machine on our floor and definitely didn't expect that sort of scene on my first day here. I just shook my head and returned to my apartment.

Now, I'm drinking coffee while I do a little research on the boys that I'm about to well... destroy. Maybe I should know them a little bit better if I plan to gain their trust. I take my laptop out, that Appa purchased for me when I was studying in photography and sigh audibly as I stared at it. I remember Appa giving to me so that I had an easier time with organizing and editing photos. I had second thoughts of selling it but I realized that I'm gonna need it for this type of job. I start out with typing a simple search term into Naver's search bar. 

'Exo Members Profile'

I press enter and a bunch of sites began to show up. I click on the first one I see and start to scroll down on the page. Wow... I can't deny the fact that their faces are easy on the eyes. Well, they are a KPOP boy band, Eunhye. Of course they'll be handsome... I remind myself as I start reading aloud each one of their facts. I start off with EXO K first since according to Suho, they're divided into two subgroups; EXO K and EXO M.

"EXO K. Leader, Kim Joonmyeon or commonly known as Suho." the corner of my lips turn upward slightly as I see that familiar face. I guess I do get to see him again since he lives right next door. Suho did mention that he was the leader and was the oldest member of EXO K so I continued to read the facts there. "Lead vocalist huh?" I grin at the thought of hearing him sing. I wonder what his voice sounds like... I blink rapidly to brush off my thoughts and continue scrolling down. Let's see, who’s next?

"Byun Baekhyun..." I read the name in a whisper. He was the boy that was crying in the airport who was also the one that I just saw outside. I wonder what's up with him... "He is the group's main vocalist who has been recently caught in a dating scandal with SNSD's Taeyeon." My lips form an 'O' shape after reading those words. Why am I not surprised? I mean two popular idols in a relationship - isn't that something that everyone probably saw coming? I've known SNSD since I was fifteen years old. I can't say that I'm a fan of them but I am very fond of their music. Taeyeon huh? Well, I guess the stress of the scandal got to him. I continued scrolling down and the next one I saw was boy with large eyes and a toothy smile. 

"Park Chanyeol," I mutter and stare at his photos. Well, he's a big fan of smiling, isn't he? I raise an eyebrow once I've read his position. Main rapper? Well he sure as hell doesn't look like one. My lips couldn't help but form a half-smile when I read his nickname, 'Happy Virus'. Way to state the obvious. I take another sip of my warm coffee and continued to scroll through each of their profiles. Up next was a boy with owl-like eyes. 

"That freaking stare," I mumble while looking through his photos. Yep, I was looking through the owl boy's photo. Yeah, that's what I'm going to call him now. It took me minute to take a glance at his name. Do Kyungsoo or D.O... Nah, I like owl boy better. He looks like a sweet innocent child to me... if you somehow overlook his blank piercing gaze that makes you feel like he's staring into your soul than yeah, he's cute.

I scroll down again to see that there are more members. Aish, why does there have to be so many of them? Well, since I don't want to finish looking through all this today, I might as well finish EXO K first and then I'll go get watch some television. Surely enough it won't be such a big deal if I take a break from my exhausting day of unpacking. Besides, it's my first day. I'll figure out my plans tomorrow. I wonder what would be a good way to introduce myself to them, just make sure that they are well aware of my existence. Aish! I'll figure it out tomorrow. I need to finish reading EXO K's members profiles. Next up,

"Kim Jong in or commonly known as Kai is EXO K's visual." I read aloud once again and I excitedly look through his photos. I instantly recognize him as the boy that was chasing the Baekhyun guy earlier. He was sweating and panting really hard but still he looked like a freaking model. "So... Kai's his name." I say under my breath. His skin tone is... how do I say this - ier compared to the others. I once again reach for my cup for one more sip. He deserves the title of visual, I'll give him that. Finally, the last member of EXO K is up next. The beloved maknae,

"Oh Sehun..." I raise an eyebrow when I see his photos. He seems like the polar opposite of Chanyeol. This is their maknae? I chuckle at the fact that he looks nothing like one. His expression is always blank and had the so-called 'poker face' on in each one of his photos. Damn and I thought the Kyungsoo one was blank.  Then I see photo of him smiling that just made me become silent. 

That's probably the most awkward smile I've seen in my life. 

He's definitely good looking but I can understand the fact that he likes keeping his smiles to himself. They're cute - really, they are! It's just that they, yes the smiles, looks so freaking sinister and funny at the same time.

I close my laptop as I breathe a sigh of relief. I'll read the rest tomorrow. I lie on the bed that was in my new bedroom and started thinking of ways to introduce myself to them. Should I bake them a pie? Oh yeah, I don't know how to bake. Hmmm... maybe I should tell them I'm one of their fans? No, they would think I moved next door to stalk them. I could tell them I wanted to take their picture! Tsk, of course they won't do it. They have enough photo shoots already and I don't even have the money to pay them. 

Or I could just knock on their door and introduce myself as their new neighbor....

Yeah... I could do that and sure they might just welcome me then ignore my presence, but at least they'll be aware that I exist so that's good enough for me. Since I know a lot about EXO K for now, I should target them first. If I get one of them to befriend me then I'm sure the others will follow. Suho's there but I don't think he's enough. He was already involved in a rumor because of me and might keep an eye out for me. I'm guessing he probably became more careful and observant after that. The last thing I need is someone who I already know to suspect something. I need to choose a more vulnerable target; someone who can be deceived easily. I flinch at the sound of that word. 

Deceive... 

I was going to deceive them. As much as I tried to act like I didn’t care that it was what I was going to do. My conscience felt like it wanted to in and stop me from what I'm doing. I can practically hear that little voice in my head saying; "Stop! What the hell it is do you think you're doing? Ruining someone's career? Have you lost your mind?" but I've been doing my best to ignore it. I still wonder why Miss Kim hired me right away and why she does what she does but I've decided to follow her advice. Stop asking questions.

Appa needs therapy and I need to get my head in the game if I'm gonna get it for him. Think, Eunhye... Who could be the easiest person to deceive? I close my eyes and think of all the possibilities. Who among the EXO K members excluding Suho would be naive enough to fall for my trap? My head snaps back up as I realize that I knew the answer all along. Of course he would be the easiest target considering the fragile state of his emotions.

I took the cup to take another sip of coffee but realized that it was already empty. Tsk... I'll just get another one later. I reopen my laptop and typed the searched term into Naver;  

'Byun Baekhyun'. 

My eyebrows knit as I think if I was making the right choice. Could this be good enough? I start pressing the backspace button. No, this wasn't enough. I started typing something that I never thought could help me with this whole matter;

'Baekhyun and Taeyeon dating scandal'.

Tsk. I pressed enter and a bunch of articles and photos showed up.

 

Whoever you are Byun Baekhyun... I truly am sorry.

 


 

Kim Joonmyeon a.k.a Suho: 

"I would just like to talk to you, Kai." I say as Kai was washing his face by the bathroom sink. All the other members returned and it was his turn to do his bathroom remedies before going to sleep.

"Is this about the thing with Baekhyun-hyung? Right, I would like to apologize about that. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that and said those things to him." he says with a sincere tone in his voice. I smile seeing that he didn't hold onto his pride for long. That's the good thing about the members. They fight a lot but immediately feel bad and apologize afterwards. It makes my job of leading them so much easier. "Is he still mad?" 

"Baekhyun? No... He knows what he said to the fan was rude and he understood why you reacted that way. You can go talk to him and you guys can make up." I say and Kai nods shyly. I understood why he reacted that way. Kai is the type of person that seems bad- and cool onstage but is actually very shy and kind in person. He doesn't like it when he feels like someone is being disrespected or maltreated. 

"Thanks, hyung. I'll definitely go talk to him." he says and wipes his face with a towel. I nod as he exited the bathroom to talk to Baekhyun.

Aish... it's a good thing that I didn't have to say much to get them to make amends. It isn't the first time that the members yelled at each other. We were different boys with different personalities who had to live together under the same roof. Confrontations are bound to happen. Even if I try my best to avoid them, I've still had my fair share of the drama.

I peek at Baekhyun's room where I saw him and Kai laughing ang talking like the whole thing a while ago didn't even a happen. Baekhyun is the type of person that is very happy and cheerful all the time but I guess he changed a lot after the whole dating mishap. It was a good thing that he seems to be having a good time now. The corner of my lips turned upwards while watching them. Chanyeol was in the room and was ranting on about how he was Kai's number one fan and it pained him dearly that Baekhyun has angered him and what not. The other two just kept laughing at how his expression was so pathetic and Chanyeol would cross his arms and pout.

Maybe we aren't as different as to what people think we are.

I shook my head keeping myself from laughing loudly. I went outside of our dorm and went straight to the vending machine on our floor. I should really buy those boys a drink. They deserve it. As I was walking towards the end of the hallway, where the vending machine was located, I saw a girl that was also buying drinks. The vending machine keeps making this weird sound and I could hear her groan in frustration. I raise an eyebrow seeing that she was wearing pajamas and slippers so I'm guessing she lives here. I start to walk towards her as she starts pounding on the machine in frustration.

I stood right behind her but she doesn't seem to notice me. Wait a minute, if she lives here then why haven't I seen her before? I know for a fact that there isn't about a girl, just about my age, living on this floor. There's an old lady who lives with her cats and a family that has two boys in their teens but I don't recall a young girl living here. I narrow my eyes at her wondering who the hell she is and then I remembered something.

"She's about our age... I think her name is Eunhye."

The words that Tao said repeated in my mind. He said that we have a new neighbor that was a girl in our age group. Her name was Eunhye, oddly enough that was also the name of the girl that I met in the coffee shop a few days ago. Could this be her? My lips form a smile at the thought of seeing Eunhye again. The girl kept pounding on the machine, practically cursing it and started to mumble something that I couldn't understand. I want to tap her shoulder and offer her my help but she's too focused on making it work again that I'm afraid I'll startle her. She starts to mumble again but this time I could hear her clearly,

"Stupid freaking machine... You took my money and now you're not giving me coffee? What the... I swear..." she says under her breathe. I recognized the familiar voice and my eyes widen in excitement. I can't be wrong, it's Eunhye! It has to be her! I never really thought I wouldn't see her again. I smile and was just to speak when suddenly she pounded on the machine again even harder.  "Yah! Work already!" she yells unexpectedly.

"Eu-Eunhye?" I call for her and she turns around with a surprised look on her face. I wasn't wrong... It's her. 

 

It's Jung Eunhye....

 


A/N: 

Hi! Let me tell a little something about the POVs. 

Not every EXO member gets one. I'm telling you this because a lot of readers are assuming that it's the case. To make things clear, it's not. Every EXO member will be in this fanfic but not all of them have their respective perspectives, okay? It'll get confusing and messy so I decided to just choose three which are obviously Suho, Tao and Luhan. 

Here are the specific reasons why:

>Suho- because he's the leader and somehow he goes through the most stress and through him you'll get to know each and every one of the member's conflicts and how he resolves them. He was one of the main POV characters that I planned out from the start. Think of him as the person who sees and knows everything that goes on within the group. 

>Tao- because he's practically EXO's SNS spokesperson who has the most insight on what's going on with the whole scandal with Kris and all that. Truthfully, I had second thoughts on giving him a POV because it's quite hard to read his mind and figure out where he stands regarding the matter. Well, for me he's one of those "fearless" idols who says what they want to say so I decided that I'll make him a POV character.

>Luhan- because he's one of the members that's caught up in all the rumors. He never really speaks up about anything and decides to keep quiet about what he sees. In his case I was really confused whether or not a POV should be given. I considered members like Baekhyun, Kai, Chanyeol etc. but I somehow did realize that Luhan is probably one of the most careful ones when it comes to scandals or rumors given his "almost perfect" image, so I decided that he'll represent an idol's fear of being judged or hated.

So that's pretty much it! :3

Sorry Sehun if Eunhye found your smile awkward. For me it's actually kinda cu--

.

.

.

.

    

 

Yeah.... Nevermind. 

Comment what you think of the story so far!!! :3