Moving In

Paparazzi Next Door

Moving In

Jung Eunhye:

She stands up and stare at the window behind her desk. She's finally talking. Deep inside, I'm quivering with excitement. I have always been one of those curious and nosy girls that wondered why people do what they do. The Red Lady is an interesting one. She would always have an ice cold, emotionless exterior on but showed a slight crack when the word "EXO" slips from her tongue. I'm so curious of what the secret is that I can't think right.  

"Why would you take it out on the whole group?" I ask. She doesn't even bother to look at me and just smirks. 

"Because it wouldn't be fair if I only did it to him," she answers and turns to me again. "You should get ready, Eunhye. You'll be moving in two days." I nod and accept the fact that she won't tell a girl she just met the reasons why she does what she does. She's still the woman who'll tell the whole world about anyone but herself.

 

She's still the Red Lady. 


 

Two days passed and I have my bags packed and is prepared for the move. It's been less than two weeks since I came back to Seoul and my bags were already packed again. Eventhough I want to spend some more family bonding time with Daewong and Appa, I still need this job.  Daweong asked me once if I could stay for another week. I told him that if I stayed then I'll lose my job. It was a good thing that he understood how badly Appa needed the therapy. 

I stood on the porch of my aunt's house and started to think. I'll be moving in next to EXO's dorm tomorrow... One thing I'm used to is loneliness. I'm used to being alone and fending for myself because I knew that no one would be there to support me. When I was in the North, I lived alone in a small apartment that my friend owned and worked the whole day. Now, I was going to live alone again. The only difference is it was in an apartment that my boss owned and  I had to work day and night. 

Of course being alone again didn't bother me. It was the disadvantage of having your walls up and trusting almost nobody. Somehow I feel like I'm still in the North and that everyone can betray me the minute that I let my guard down. I guess old habits die hard.

"You're thinking again, noona." I heard Daewong's voice. I look at him and he shrugs as he stood next to me. "So... what are you thinking about?" 

"Stuff..." I answer plainly while I look up to the starry night. The stars are so pretty that I want to take a picture. 

"What kind of stuff?" he asks. Daewong was always curious and nosy like me and I chuckled at the fact. Maybe it ran in the family.

"You know... moving out tomorrow... stuff like that." I say. I didn't tell them my job. It just seemed like top secret information so I assumed that Miss Kim didn't want me talking to my family about it. 

"Oh." he mutters. I sigh because I know what that meant. Even if he understood the reason why I took the job, he still didn't want me to leave again. "Would you miss us?" I chuckle at his adorable question.

"Of course I will..." I smile at him and he just looks away. 

"Why are you so prepared to leave us again then? You already have your bags packed and everything. Tsk!" he mutters under his breath. I heave out another sigh. 'He's a child, Eunhye. Atleast make him try to understand.' I remind myself. Daewong was just like this when I had to leave for the North two years ago and he still hasn't changed at all. He'll tell you he understands your reasons, he'll just never understand your actions. I guess being like this is better than being like me, isolated and scared of the idea of being attached to someone.

"Because I'd rather have me hurting myself by working again than you and Appa suffering," I say and his gaze slowly directs to me again. I saw a slight look of guilt in his eyes. I really wish that I could stay but staying meant throwing any kind of future for me and my family. 

"Just make sure your new boss is nice to you!" he says and pouts. How old is this kid? Twelve? He seems like a four year old to me. 

"I will." I say with a playful smile on my lips and he hugs me from behind.

"And--no boyfriends!" he says as he reaches up to kiss my cheek. I roll my eyes and nod.

"No boyfriends."

 

The next day, I left early and said goodbye to all of them. It having to leave again but I promised them that I'll be visiting every other day. Miss Kim told me that I wasn't suppose to let anyone visit my apartment for security purposes and I agreed. Although it was hard because I had to seperate work from my personal life. When I was in Pyongyang, my work was the only life I had and I never had to balance anything out. 

I took a cab and gave the driver the address that Miss Kim gave me. It isn't very far from the coffee shop where I saw Suho. Speaking of Suho--I was about to see him again! I wasn't really 'that' excited but atleast I had someone I knew there so I would easily get to know the members. Of course if I was going to ruin them then I had to know them and gain their trust. I sigh as I imagine what would Suho think if he finds out what I'm up to. He might think that I'm one of those sick and desperate people who would do anything for some cash. I shake my head and brush off the thoughts.

Why would I care about someone I barely know?

The cab parked in front of a tall building. The place seems clean and rural. It's simple and nobody would thing that a famous boy group like EXO would live in a place like this.

I take the bags that contained my things and decide to enter the building. There was a bunch of rich looking people inside and immediately I felt like an outsider. How am I supposed to live here if I couldn't even fit in? I brush off the thoughts that were filling in my head when I entered the elevator.

My apartment was on the 15th floor so it was a pretty long ride there. The elevator door opened at the 6th floor and a tall young man wearing sunglasses, just about my age, came in. He looks familiar... really really familiar. The door closes and I stare at him. He leaned against the walls and he seems really tired. He ignores my presence and I take a closer look at him. I approach him and stare at him to study his face. I feel like a complete weirdo staring at a complete stranger in the elevator. He turns his head and notices my staring.

"What?" he asks in a husky yet tired voice. My eyes widen and I look away. "You're not a psychopath, right?" he asks. I still avoid my gaze as I chuckle at his unusual question. It sounds like something that would ask a complete stranger.

"No." I answer plainly. He tugged my shoulder and I look at him. What the hell does this boy want!?

"That's what a psychopath would say," he says and grins at me. He has this weird accent that makes me think that he's not from here.

The elevator door opened at the 15th and the both of us walk to our designated rooms. What the hell? Is he following me? I walk a little faster to find the room number that Miss Kim told me and I stopped when I reached it. The numbers '143' were written on the door and I knew that it was my apartment. I turn to see the boy standing in front of the apartment that was pretty close to mine. Wait a minute... I think I know why he looks so familiar.

 

WTF.

How did I not recognize him!? He's one of them. He's an EXO member and I freaking forgot. I studied EXO already but I didn't bother to memorzie their names or anything like that. I just thought that it would be better if I meet them for what they truly are, not for what they present themselves as.  He raises an eyebrow when he realizes that I'm staring again. 

"Are you sure you're not a psychopath?" he asks and I smile as I feel the blood rushing to my face. Why is he so adorable? I've never had or think I ever will be in a relationship but I did have a knack for cute boys. I was an ordinary teenager once and I had little crushes. Even if I did say no to the idea of love, I still enjoyed admiring good-looking faces. I've always prefered the manly looking yet adorable types.

"Yep, I'm sure. What makes you ask?" I say and smile at him. Practice your social skills, Eunhye - I reming myself. If I wanted to get something out of these boys then I had to gain their trust and socialize.

"No reason. So you have an apartment here?" he asks. You know for a celebrity/K-idol - he din't seem very protective of his image. I could be an axe murderer or some sort but still he was having small talk and I appreciated it. He had this very warm and naive feel to him that just made me want to take him away and hide him from the world. Yep, I sound like a psychopath. 

"Yeah... I'm just moving in really. I just came back from Pyo-- Busan! I just came back from Busan." I say. He narrows his eyes at me and nods slowly. Damn it, I sure hope I didn't sound suspicious. "I'm Eunhye by the way." I introduce myself and bow. 

"Tao. Huang zitao." he says and also bows. "I guess we have a new neighbor." he says and I nod. He wouldn't really strike me as a boyband member,  especially not to a band like EXO. 

"I'll see you around then." I say and he smiles as he took the keys and enters their apartment. Well, that was pretty quick. 

I pull out my key as well and slowly turn the door knob to open the door. It was a very large apartment with a peach colored living room to greet you on your way in. I run inside and immediately checks the kitchen to see what it looked like. It's tinted silver and there is a large but empty refrigerator at the side. There was even a dining table in the middle of everything. There were two rooms and one bathroom and I saw that all my things were already layed out for me there.  I still had to unpack everything... Aish!


 

Huang zitao a.k.a Tao:

"We have a new neighbor." I say to Sehun who was sitting on his bed.

"Really?" he says as he looks up from his phone. Aish... he's been obsessed with it eversince we've been introduced to Instagram. 

"Yep. A girl, probably about our age, name's Eunhye." I say and he nods slowly. "She seems to really like staring though." I sat next to him and see what he's up to. He's checking on those tagged photos again. 

"You talked to her?" Sehun asks me with wide eyes probably just processing everything I said. I don't really understand why the members are afraid of any kind of contact with the outside world. I mean - we're not in prison. We can do what we want... as long as we know the consequences. I roll my eyes at him.

"And what's so wrong with that?" I ask as I gave him a death glare. Yes, it was annoying. I'm not ing or anything but I really hate it when people tell me what I can and can't do. I'll sing or dance whatever the hell they want but I won't do something if it's against my will. Yep, I'm stubborn like that. 

"Tsk. You never know if she might be some crazy fangirl that might steal your hair and sell it online." he says and I just gave him a blank stare. Sehun and I pretty much have the same capacity when it comes to things like uhmm... common sense? But I had to admit at the moment he just seemed pretty far-fetched. "You know it's possible Zitao!" he says.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't steal my hair, Sehun." I say and he just shrugs.

"If you say so." he says and started meddling on his phone again.

I watched while he was scrolling through the tagged photos. We made fun of all our derp photos and all the memes that the fans post. It was basically a habit of ours to look at them and give snide comments. We would make fun of Luhan-hyung the most since his smile is the weirdest and Sehun and I just wanted to run around the room showing all the hyungs his photo while he would scream at us. That happens probably two to three times - a week. We were enjoying the free time we had since we had no schedule tomorrow but suddenly--

"Don't you dare walk away from me!" I heard Kai yell from the living room. 

Sehun and I shared confused looks until we decided to get up and see what the commotion was about. We went to the living room and saw that Kai was sweating and seemed really tired. We took a closer look to see who he was talking to. It was Baekhyun.

 

What the hell? Are they fighting? 

 


A/N: 

Hey! So our beloved Jung Eunhye's back with another chapter. :3 Yeah... I'm not really good with this type of things. I just wanted to make the author's note a thing so that I have a form of communication with my subscribers. 

Sorry it's not a very eventful or maybe even erhmmm... boring? chapter but I promise that the next one would be better. I'm seeing a lot of people commenting about how bad they want an update and I greatly appreciate it.  

 

And in celebration of reaching almost 40 subscribers, keyword: almost, I decided to invite a friend of mine to join as in the author's note and share his thoughts on Chapter 5. Everyone I would like you to meet-- INFINITE'S L!!!

 

 

 

L: Happy to meet you all here! *smiles*

Me: Yow L! So what's up?

L: Not much. Really liking your story though... will Infinite show up any time soon?

Me: Yahh!!! L, you're ruining the surprise!

L: Oh! Sorry...

Me: It's okay. Let's talk about something else... So much Taohun in this chapter, it almost makes me jealous. It's just that I've been seeing so many posts of them for a while now. It almost feels like that they're in... a... uhmmm... relationship.

L:...

Me:...

 

Both of us: Nah!

 

Yahhh~~ Comment your thoughts on the story so far. Thanks! :*