Chingu, Salang...Simjang Mabil

Heart Attack

If there was one thing Suho was certain about in life, was that whoever thought of things happening in threes was pretty much on the mark. Whether it be fate, karma, balance of life or some other strange occurrence it was so easy to see why three was a very important number. Three cheers for a person on their birthday, three wishes to be granted by a genie and they had had three successful promotions right off the bounce. Mama, Wolf and Overdose were doing brilliantly in the charts and had made history on such a grand scale that it was hard to believe that they would ever come down from this incredible high.

 

But as Suho knew only far too well, karma was a son of a gun most of the time and it would come back to bite at EXO and their success. Hopefully not in a truly terrible way of course, Suho could not yet imagine his life as anything but this manic whirlwind of promotions, fan signings, performance and recordings but it was bound to happen that something would go terribly and horribly wrong at some point. Though, as the young leader reminded himself, that was probably a very long way off and they could all just go with the flow in regards to everything.

 

So they went on stage in Hong Kong and performed with all the strength, gusto and energy that they could perform with because they were all invigorated with the strength of their fans and the power they provided with their screams, chants, banners and gifts gave them all hope and the will to go on even if they were exhausted and wanting nothing more than to curl up and go to sleep for a very long time. There would be time for that once they were off promotions, when they were allowed a little downtime to allow a few of the members to go and work on movies and it would just be nice to have a little slow down on the pace.

 

They were all happy, smiling and bright as they performed and did their little comic skits, everything was perfect.

 

Then Tao fell down the hole.

 

Panic had engulfed everyone for a few seconds and those closest had ran to help the youngster, though not seconds later the cheeky panda had popped out with a bright cheery smile on his face and a clear cry of, “I’m fine, don’t worry!” which turned the situation from potentially horrendous to quite funny.

 

It still hadn’t stopped the two leaders from going over to checking the youngster over; making sure that he hadn’t actually damaged anything and just generally fussing over him like they were concerned parents or something. The fans had gone completely wild at that, naturally, and Suho dreaded to think what the shipping would be like on the fan websites later on but he would leave that for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to find since the beagle line were good at doing such thing.

 

Though when he looked back at events later on, Suho had to wonder how he didn’t notice the fact that even at that moment in time, Kris hadn’t looked right. The taller man was sweating bucket loads but there again everyone was sweating like mad and they all had dark circles under their eyes which were hidden with several thick layers of makeup and foundation so there was nothing unusual in that sort of situation. He even discounted the dark blonds’ coughing as nothing more than just a desperate need for water.

 

“Ya!” Tao cried after an incessant amount of fussing from the pair of them and completely capturing the fans attention, “Luhan-ge! Get Mom and Pops off of me!”

 

Luhan, who had happened to be taking a drink at the time, spurted his water and caught Kyungsoo in the process which was not overly appreciated in the slightest.

 

Kris looked like he was going to murder Tao, who had quickly skipped away to hide behind Sehun which was just funny given their respective heights and Suho had glared at the maknae shaking his head, “I thought you had him under control Kris,” he taunted towards the other and then easily fell back into step with how things were supposed to be going at this point in the concert.

 

The other leader had just given him one of his typical ‘dragon’ looks before breaking into a grin when Baekhyun poured water down Tao’s back and followed to try and get some form of order back. Though as he moved along, a pain shot through his chest that was sharp and knife like but it passed soon enough and he let out yet another cough. He really needed to speak to the medical staff about this, but he would have to wait until he was out of sight of the fans. Boy did he want to just find a quiet corner and go to sleep right now but such a thing was impossible and he would have to just grin and put up with it for the time being.

 

Later on, whilst the others were backstage, the mental bad karma tick list struck again, though this time it was with Kyungsoo and his floating swing. Even though they had all watched it several times now, the group still liked to linger in the technically speaking ‘wings’ of the concert hall and watch the whole thing because it was simply amazing. A very complicated and stunning piece of chorography and work that had everyone excited and all for the right reasons. Lay grinned as he leaned out just a little bit more to see around Suho who was intently watching, “Man, I don’t think this could get any better in any way.”

 

“Don’t be silly,” Suho said, grinning and watching the performance, “It’s good for him.”

 

“Yeah, Kyungsoo umma getting the steal the spotlight for a moment, so good,” Sehun’s voice drifted from the opposite side of the curtain where he was on his haunches, ready to move.

 

“Jealous much?” Xiumin’s voice drifted across too but in a playful way which had the K maknae playfully hitting out at him.

 

“You two!” Suho scolded in a stage whisper towards the pair, trying not to break his air of authority by bursting into giggles, “Behave.”

 

“Never!” Sehun said teasingly back, so different from his on stage high and mighty prince routine that Suho had to roll his eyes.

 

Kris’s deep chuckle reverberated though his spine almost, “If you don’t behave Sehun, I’ll tell Tao where you’re stash is and then you’ll never get away with anything ever again.”

 

“What stash?” Suho asked immediately looking up at his fellow leader and noting that even though he had changed costumes, he was still way too pale and he was pretty sure that he had heard a pretty big coughing fit a few minutes ago but he had gotten distracted by it all.

 

Before anyone could care to explain there was a sudden commotion and all eyes turned to the staging area where to their horror, the swing had gone crashing down. “Kyungsoo!” virtually everyone yelled and went running to check on their fallen brother. The vocalist was shook up but appeared okay and the K group fussed over him whilst M set their sights on the fans and making sure that help was getting to where they needed to be.

 

They thankfully managed to get that sorted out pretty quickly and at a directors choice, went into a mini break just to get everything cleared up and sorted out properly as it was meant to be. Suho hugged Kyungsoo tightly, “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes!” Kyungsoo breathed, “Just get me some water please and stop fussing. Seriously it’s all you’re doing tonight and it’s getting annoying.”

 

Kris reached across Suho easily to pet the other, “Hey, we’re allowed to fuss. You could have been hurt.”

 

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo huffed but it was clear to see that it was nothing more than a playful jester towards the pair because he understood that they were worried about him. It was always like this between the group it would appear, if anything went wrong then Suho and Kris would deal with it and then fuss on like a pair of concerned parents which was just as funny as it sounded most of the time.

 

Not long after they were back on stage, the roar of the crowd working through their veins and giving them the heart beat that they needed. Suho was sure that once they were finished tonight everyone was just going to pile into the hotel rooms, lock their doors and just rest because they had been through everything. Part of him wondered if there would be another bad thing but he scrubbed that thought out of his head quickly, that was just being very silly and they were going to be perfectly fine.

 

Especially now that they were at the encore and the concert hall was virtually bouncing with the demand for them to come back on stage. Taking one final glance back at s, Suho smiled, “Lets do this!”

 

“Aye!” they all replied and slipped on stage at the keyed onset of darkness to begin their final song.

 

The music was loud, the screams frantic, their voices pitch perfect even though they had been singing virtually none stop all night and the dance moves hit every last beat perfectly. The fan’s energy ran rampant, the chants louder than before, everything shining so bright and perfectly that it felt to all twelve boys performing that this moment should just go on forever, never stopping, never finishing and just remaining completely perfect.

 

Twisting around to the right to complete one of his moves and get in place for the next set, Tao felt as though time literally slowed down to super slow as his eyes landed on Kris who was falling. Not out of step, not getting the moves wrong but actually collapsing down to the ground with an expression of pure pain and a strangled cry which echoed back on the microphones. Suddenly time caught up with itself and Tao barely managed to start his own yell of shock and surprise before M’s leader literally crashed down heavily onto the stage which a thump that alerted Xiumin and Yixing of something very bad going on behind them.

 

“Kris!” Tao screamed, running forward with the others to help their leader but already he could see that the other was in some considerable pain and declining rapidly. Everyone moved to try and assist, to help out in some way and Chen went running to grab the medical team who were on their way regardless but that wasn’t the point.

 

Security guards moved in quickly, grabbing the different members of EXO and hauling them back and out of the way, keeping them back so that the medical team could get into position. Suho managed somehow to get around them for a few seconds to gently place his hands on either side of Kris’ head, “I’m here, Yifan I’m here. What’s wrong, talk to me,” Suho virtually yelled, uttermost terror.

 

The dark blond looked up at Suho with dark brown eyes filled with pain, terror and grief but all he managed to lightly mouth towards the his fellow leader was, “Love...you...all...”

 

The next second, Kris’s eyes rolled back into his head and Suho felt him go impossibly still. “Get them out of here!” a medic yelled, pointing a finger directly at Suho and the next thing the K leader was able to register coherently was that he was being dragged backwards by one of the security guards. Presumably back to the green room or somewhere similar.

 

“Kris!” he yelled, panic and fear over taking his own wildly beating heart right now, “No! Let me go! Kris!”

 

Sure that he could hear some of the others, Suho desperately tried to get back to his friend, his fellow leader, his emotional rock when the times got hard, as well as the annoying lazy arse twerp who drove him to the drink of insanity sometimes but also the boy he loved. He had to get back to him, had to be there and help Kris but the guard’s hands were gripping firmly onto his arms and Suho no longer had the strength to fight back.

 

The medics were moving frantically, giving their dragon CPR and he could hear the frantic calls and yells from the rest of EXO as they too were hauled away. By some fluke of a chance, Suho was able to grab briefly onto a wall to stop his progress towards the waiting green room and took another long look back towards his fallen friend.

 

“KRIS!” he yelled as the medics tore the young man’s shirt open to apply a defibrillator to his chest in order to get his heart to start beating once again whilst Suho was finally dragged backstage into the waiting greenroom with the others.

 

Already there were tears flowing, a desperate need to know what was going on and panic was gripping them all. Suho stood there, feeling completely empty and blank for the first time in his career with no idea what he was supposed to do now. Sit and wait or run back to his friend.

 

The door locked with an audible click and Suho fell to his knees in despair, trying to believe that this was not happening in the slightest. 

 

 

A.N 

man I still feel so bad about this. But I just feel like it's got to be written so hopefully I'm not too horrible at descriptions or anything like that. 

wish I could see 'The Lost Planet' concert but since it's in Asia and I'm in the UK, totally not going to happen which is a shame. 

Advanced warning for the next chapter - you're going to need tissues. All I'm going to say for now. But before everyone runs away, I'm actually doing two endings to this because I couldn't decide which one to go with so you won't have to be mega depressed with it for too long. 

Please leave comments and tell me what you think, even if you think that I'm being an total evil cow which I personally think I'm being with this fic. I do love my Krissy-pops and I miss him like mad from EXO as well as wish him the best with everything. I hope that he's in extremely good health, is getting all the right meds and stuff he needs if he does require them and that we can see his happy, smiley, handsome and dorky face for many more years to come. 

*goes to hide in a corner with her own collection of plushi's*