Chapter 2

I Am Kai

I like the feeling of falling. Almost twelve stories of free fall. I smile, and flip. The black smoke consumes me, and I appear crouched on the ground. I smirk, and take off running. The smoke appears, moving me farther with each step.
I shouldn't be doing this, but it's the most freeing thing for me. I slow and stop. I look around. Maybe it will be a calm night.
"Help me!"
Maybe not.
I take off again. Running to the scream.
"Shut it," a man spits. Great, this case.
"Excuse me," I say, walking to them.
"She's mine," he claims. I laugh. My hands curl into fists, and I swing at him. The lady gasps, and the man runs a finger under his bleeding nose.
"You," he growls. I laugh.
"What about me?" I ask. He lunges at me, and I sidestep. He falls on the ground, and groans.
"H-He. Y-You," she stutters.
"Go," you whisper. She takes off, and the man stands again.
"She was going to be mine," he spits, rising to my feet.
"Trust me. She didn't want you," I say back. He lunges again, and the smoke moves me across the ally. I lean against the wall, and smirk.
"Try again," I taunt. He grunts, and runs at the wall. He hits his head, and falls where I was. He hits the ground, and snores reach my ears. I laugh, and kneel beside him. He'll be fine.
I take off again, calming myself down. Steps on concrete, of smoke. My lungs burn, and stop again. Looking to the five story building in front of me, I smile. I crawl, the smoke aids me. I reach the top, and look around. My legs swing over the ledge, and I look around. I sigh. The moon is so large, even if it is only half full. I smile, and lay back down.
Something steps behind me, and I turn. A man stands there, looking at me. He's dressed in black like me, his eyes are hidden in shadows. I stand, and face him. He holds up two fingers, an hourglass ring sits on one of them. A wave passes by me, and I gasp for air. He frowns, and reaches behind him. Metal glints, and he aims it at me. I gulp. He charges at me, and I side step him beside him. His lips press into a sharp line. He swings the sword at me, and feel it slice my arm. I wince, and start running at the ledge. I jump, and land safely in smoke. I look up at him, and he returns the blade to its sheath. I sprint again, rushing to my apartment building. The smoke takes me to my ledge, and I enter my room through the window.
I cover my arm, and pull it away red. I pull down the cloth over my head, and walk to out to the bathroom. I look at my eyes, my eyeliner has bled. I strip off my shirt. I grab the first aid kit we keep in here, and open it. I ignore the pain, as I press a gauze on it. I wrap it tight, and tape it down. I exhale. I grab the makeup remover, and wipe the eyeliner away.
I take my shirt, and walk back to my room. I kick off my shoes, and toss my shirt across the room. I fall on my bed, and the pendant digs into my chest. I pull it up, and it reflects in the half moon's light. It's a triangle shape, with a perfect circle inside. I run my thumb over it, and smile. I yawn, and snuggle into the sheets. I have to repeat this tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: tada? Will someone please comment?? Please. You'll be forever loved!! (-<) <3 ^_^