Chapter 1

I Am Kai

"Coffee, coffee, coffee," I mutter under my breath. I mix the sugar into the cup, and stick it into the carrier.
"Jongin!" My manager yells.
"Just a second, boss!" I shout back. I run out with the coffee, and set it in front of the customer.
"Two regulars, one decaf, and one chai tea," I breathe, and the customer nods.
"That's it. Have a nice day!" The man comments.
"You too," I exhale.
He takes the coffee, and leaves the small shop. I inhale deeply, and the smell of warm coffee, with fresh pastries fills my nose.
"Go home," my manager tells me.
"Pardon?" I ask, and he turns me around.
"You're tired. You just worked a twelve hour shift," he explains. He unties my apron, and sighs.
"Are you sure? I don't want you to close alone," I ask, and he smiles.
"Go home. Sleep. You deserve it," he decides, pushing me to the back. I smile, and pull off my black apron. I like this job. It keeps me moving and focused.
I shiver. I need to move. I hang the apron on my hook, and grab my black backpack. I smooth my dark brown shirt, and walk out to the front again.
"Thanks Joonmyun," I thank. He smiles, and shakes his head.
"Go," he demands, pushing me beyond the counter.
"I'll be back tomorrow," I yell as I run out of the coffee shop.
My black Nikes hit the pavement, as I run to my favorite alleyway. I slip between the cracks of the well-lit buildings, and into the shadows. A small puff of black smoke surrounds me, fading as I walk away from it. I roll my neck, and walk out to my apartment building. The lights above me flicker, and I sigh. I enter the building, and start to walk up the stairs. I grab my keys from my bag, and unlock door one thousand, two hundred twelve.
"Hello," my roommate greets. He smiles at me, and a small dimple graces his face.
"Hey Yixing," I mutter, falling down on the couch.
"Long day?" He asks, and I shrug.
"I like long days," I admit, and he nods.
"Are you going to Zitao's class tomorrow?" Yixing asks, and I shrug again.
"Sure," I agree, and he nods.
"It's at six at night," he states.
"Alright. I think I'm going to take my meds and go to bed," I tell him, standing.
"Sure man," he sighs. I walk to the bathroom, and look at my reflection. I sigh, and comb my black hair. I grab the orange container and look at the white pills. I twist open the childproof cap, and pour two in my hand. They think I don't know they are fake meds, attempting to wean me off. I never took them in the first place. I swallow the condensed sugar, and start to brush my teeth. I smile, and mess around with my hair. I spit the minty taste out, and wipe my mouth. I grab my eyeliner, apply two clean . I walk out, and to my room.
"Good night Jongin," Yixing yells, as I open my door.
"Night," I yell back, and I enter my room. It would be considered a mess, if there was something to create a mess with.
My pajama pants sit folded on the edge of my bed. I shake my head, and reach under my pillow. I take the black skintight, long sleeve shirt, and replace the brown coffee shop shirt with it. Black slacks for black skinny jeans. The Nikes stay. I reach back more, and grab a silk, black cloth. I unwrap the triangle pendent and black gloves, and wrap it around my neck. I tie the cloth around my head, covering the upper parts of my skull. Except for my black outlined eyes.
I walk to my window, and open it a crack. I slip onto the fire escape, and put my gloves on.
Clad in black, I don't hesitate to jump.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Tada. First chapter. I'm happy with it. I need to think of a plotline now. (-<) <3 ^_^