Chapter 5

I Am Kai

I freeze. I recognize him from the group, after he drops down.
"Why did you run?" He questions.
"I felt pulled. It needed to stop," I whisper. He rolls his neck, and golden hair falls in his face.
"That's what happens," he explains. "We needed to know if you are the one we need."
"For what?" I question, taking a step back.
"Come back with me, and we'll tell you," he states.
"No," I refuse, glaring at him.
"I could make you," he states, holding his hand out. A small creature appears, as a blast of water hits him.
"Kris, we are in the open."
I know that voice. I turn and see my boss.
"Joonmyun?" I ask, widening my eyes.
"I go by Suho here," he comments, as a small stream off fire shoots at him. I sprint, and grab him. The black smoke takes us across the pier. I drop him, and sink to my knees, drained.
"Chanyeol!" Suho yells, as the curly, light-haired boy walks to to him.
"I was aiming at him," he states, gesturing to me. The earth shakes under us.
"Stop it!" A shorter one demands, the ground cracked under his feet.
"Calm down D.O," Kris demands, walking to us.
"I wanted you all to stop," D.O comments, glaring up at Kris.
"Can we just head back?" Suho asks, as I rise back up.
"No," I mutter, staring at them.
"Come on," Chanyeol whines, and Kris grabs my wrist.
"We're going," he states, and I yank my hand away.
"No," I repeat, running away again. I don't make it far, weakened to heavily. I collapse, watching them come at me.

 


I open my eyes, feeling hands on my head.
"Rest," my friend commands, smiling.
"What happened, Yixing?" I ask, feeling drained.
"You over used your powers. I figured, after almost every night of you running off, you'd have more endurance by now," he states. I close my eyes again, fighting to keep them open.
"I moved another," I whisper, as Yixing's hands move down.
"That could be it," he states. A door swings open, and the tall one from before walks in. "Kris?"
"He needs to be tested. Now," Kris commands. Luhan almost floats in, a single orb behind him.
"He's drained," Yixing states, raising to his feet.
"It will be quick and painless," Luhan explains. Yixing exhales, but nods. The orb moves to me, and lands in my lap. "Just set your hands on it, Kai."
I stare at it, and remember the dark color it took. I shake my head weakly. "I don't want to," I whisper, attempting to push it away.
"Do it," Kris commands, pushing it forward. I move it back, feeling the smooth surface. My hands feel like they're pushed down. The black smoke appears, and I look to Luhan. He shrugs, and pushes my hands down more. The pull from the orb becomes too much, and I sink into the black smoke.
A tree stands before me. It's split in half, burned around the edges. A weak light pulses from inside. I can't move, as symbols glow from underneath the tree. The rise up, spinning around me. The triangle shape of my pendant stops before me. I freeze, before it all fades away.
I shake my head, and find the orb in Luhan's hands. I shift, and fall out of the bed. Kris kneels in front of me.
"What did you see?" He growls, grabbing my shirt. He yanks me up. "Speak!"
"A tree. A tree split in half. It was dying. Then symbols. So many symbols," I whisper, pushing him away.
"He's who we need," Luhan speaks, pulling Kris back. I shiver, and stand up. I look to Yixing.
"Can we go home?" I ask. Yixing nods slowly, before grabbing my shoulder and pulling me along. I drop my head in exhaustion, as he leads us home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, I finished a very short chapter. I'm sorry it took so long. I'll try I get another one out soon. I hope you can wait until then. Sorry again. (-<) <3 ^_^