Prologue

Complicated

"I have a small announcement to make, can everyone take their seats?"

Our teacher, Mr. Han Jae-hwa, stands in front of the class room with a serious look on his face.
All 23 students sit down almost right away after hearing Mr. Han's low voice.

"A new student will be attending our school from now on. After a long period of being bullied in his former school, his parents wanted him to transfer here and we recommended this class to them. I hope you will be exemplary, tolerant and especially very, very nice to Tao.", Mr. Han says and raises his eyebrows.

Like a choir, the whole class says "yes" with a bit too neutral voice.

"Kris. I heard the new kid is good at football.", Luhan whispers to me. He's sitting next to me and sketching something to his notebook.
The word 'football' catches my attention. I'm the captain of one of our school's football teams, and we are desperate for one more player.
"Is that so?", I ask. Luhan is just about to answer, when someone knocks the door.

Mr. Han opens the door and a slim, tall, blonde boy walks in. He must be the new student.
"Good afternoon, Tao. It's nice to finally meet you.", Mr. Han says and shakes Tao's hand.
Tao bows two times, first to Mr. Han and then to the rest of the class. "It's very nice to meet all of you too. Please treat me well."

"He's cute, isn't he?", Luhan whispers while Tao sits down to the chair Mr. Han guided him.
I don't say anything, just look at Tao. To be honest, he is quite cute. Like the way puppies are cute. You want to protect them.
When I realise what I'm thinking, I slap myself under the table.

No gay thoughts allowed, Kris.