The very first fan!

The Path to Becoming a Rockstar ~Ikemen Version~

“Ok! Look over here! Very nice. Can you shift a bit on your left. Good.” Snaps of the camera’s shutter could be heard in the background. Busy staffs were on standby as the photographer took another shot of the young model’s portrait. They were in the studio of a well-known fashion magazine and they were rushing for the Teen’s Wear Collection of the year.

 The model does everything the photographer said. Smiling sweetly and looking directly at the camera and move as per the photographer’s instruction. It was only been months since she started modeling but she’s doing great.

 “Good. That’s a wrap. Everyone, thank you for your hardwork.” The photographer said and all the staff there did the same thing. “Thank you for your hardwork!” The young model bowed once again to the photographer and staff and headed to the dressing room as the others packs up.

 “Rina! Good work!” another model caught up with Rina and tapped her back. “Oh! Ayaka. Good work too. Are you going home now?” Rina faced her co-model and friend as they walk towards the dressing room. “Yes. But I think I want to eat ramen first. Wanna come?”

 “Sure! I’m famished.” Rina smiled to Ayaka and they both changed their clothes.

 Meanwhile, at the not so far place….

 “UWAAH! I feel my fingers will fall off.” Tomomi held her left hand like its actually going to fall off. Looking closely at it, her hand started to form calluses and she had the urge to peel them away but Mami said that she shouldn’t because this will help lessen the pain when she’s playing the bass.

 “Why did I agree to be here in the first place?” She continued complaining as they walk the long street of Osaka. “And why do we need to wear this wigs and these clothes?!” The other two, trying to forget what they were supposed to be right now, snapped as Tomomi pointed out the truth.

 “Quiet! Or else our cover will be blown!” Mami whispered angrily at her when the crowd started looking at them. “Ha..ha, domo. Nothing to see here,” Haruna smiled nervously at the people looking at them but they immediately ignored them.

 The three were sporting some short wigs, a loose shirt topped with hoodies and a cargo pants. They pretty much passed as guys on streets. Despite that, they feel awkward wearing those clothes.

 Letting out a sigh of relief, Haruna looked at Tomomi with a piercing eyes saying, “Don’t ever mention it again.” Tomo whimpered as she got the message and nods furiously. Haruna can be a devil sometimes, she thought.

 “Where are we going anyway?” Mami asked as they were walking endlessly. “The president said that we need to go here.” Haruna then showed a piece of paper with a map on it. There’s an X mark on it and it suggest that’s where they supposed to be.

 “Ooh! A treasure map!” Tomomi, regaining her vitality, looked curiously on the piece of paper. “No Tomo. This is where we are going to meet the President.” Haruna tucked the piece of paper away from her view and continued walking.  “Hmm, I wonder what we’re going to do now.” Mami asked intriguingly.

 “Maybe we’re going to play live on streets!” Tomomi suggested jokingly. The two froze up for a minute and looked at her. Realizing what she said, she only smiled and winked at them before shaking her head. “Nai, Nai.” They’ve all said as they waved their hands in front of them, denying that fact.

 “How can we play live already if we at playing the instruments? It only has been a week and a half when we started to really learn them.” Haruna pointed out and laughed at the thought.

 “Yes. And other than that, we don’t have a drummer yet.” Mami said. “You could be if you want too.” Tomomi suggested again and Mami only frowned at her. “I told you, I want to be a guitarist from the start.” She replied with angst. “Hai!” Tomomi responded at Mami’s statement. She already knew. When the idea of having a boy band sinks in to them, Mami raised fervently her hand and volunteered to be a guitarist. No one objected so all went fine.

 “But really Tomomi, you have some crazy ideas in you.” Mami, breaking Tomomi’s flashback, said as she crossed her arms. “Yes. She does. And where do you get that idea anyway?” Haruna backed up Mami’s statement as they looked at Tomomi. “Nothing. I just have this feeling but really, I find it stupid too.” Tomomi looked back at them reassuringly. “Desho?” The two answered and they all laughed heartily.

 “Hahaha, that is some crazy idea.” Mami said.

 “Hahaha, yes yes.” Haruna said.

 “Hahaha, what am I thinking? Maybe I’m out of my wits with all those practicing.” Tomomi also said.

 “Yes. Hahaha, oh wait there’s Kaichou with Chouko.” Mami pointed.

 “Where?” Tomomi asked as she looked around.

 “There, next to a man-build stage with guitars and microphone stand,” Haruna replied to Tomomi. “H…uh…?” The three can’t believe what they were seeing, they’ve thought their eyes were tricking them so they stood there, confused on what was supposed to be happening.

 Frozen on the spot, not knowing what to say and do, the President saw them in that state and motioned them to come nearer. “What are you guys doing there? These instruments wouldn’t play by themselves!”

 “Wha?!!” Definitely, not what they’ve expected..

 ~*~*~

 “Thank you for the food!” The two girls, Rina and Ayaka went out the ramen shop and headed to the streets of Osaka.

 “Wow! I haven’t had ramen for a long time!” Rina stretched her arm forward removing the stiffness on them. “Yes. That was great. Maybe we should invite the other girls next time.” Ayaka suggested. “Yeah that would be nice!” Rina agreed. They’ve talked about other various things, like what time should they meet so they can go to school tomorrow or topics about their modeling job.

 They were talking about what music they like when they’ve passed a live band. Rina stopped for awhile and looked at them. “Rina-san? What is it?” Ayaka asked in concern when she suddenly stopped walking. “Oh, nothing. I was only listening to them.” She said with a smile. “Who? Them?” She looked at the band playing. “Oh, street bands huh. But they sound awful.” Ayaka pointed out. “And there’s no drummer too.” She said as she noticed that only a synthesizer provided the drumbeat.

 “Kakkoi!” Rina exclaimed, in Ayaka’s surprise, and suddenly moved closer to the band, her eyes sparkled as she looked at them. “EEH?! Wait Rina!” Ayaka followed her and find it odd as she watched Rina engrossed to the band. “You like this kind of music?” Ayaka frowned with the idea especially that this band sounds horrible. Although Rina is a very mature girl when it comes to work, there is still this childish part of her that amazes Ayaka and the other people around her.

 “I’ve always admire people in the band.” Rina said with enthusiasm. “And the vocalist, he’s so cool!” There goes the truth. Ayaka thought. “And why did he become so cool? I think you’re not listening.” Ayaka argued with her but Rina looked at her in dismay. “I am and I know they sound horrible. But you’re not looking too.” Rina responded to her and then she pointed again.

 All Ayaka could see was cute guys in front of her. Too cute to be boys actually and a very energetic band too. But she still couldn’t see what Rina sees in them, especially the vocalist. She let her friend admire them after that and did not want to argue with her.

 ~*~*~

 Rina was solely looking at the vocalist. Not knowing what happened, she suddenly gets the feeling of admiration towards him as she watched him sing. His cute in her opinion but it was his gentle voice and his aura of leading the band that gets to her. His moves were captivating too. She also could see that he’s still a beginner in the guitar but he tries to compensate it with his voice and movements. Doing the best he can to entertain the crowd; this made her fall for him more.

 Finally she looked at the whole band. They were three of them, and like the vocalist, the other two were beginners too. Aside from that, they looked like they were actually enjoying playing on stage. What a cool, gutsy band! She thought to herself and just stood there watching the whole performance of the group.

 ~*~*~

 Yabe! Haruna thought as she missed another chord in the guitar as they play. This was not what she’s expecting! Suddenly making them perform in front of people with only a week of studying the guitar, this was a complete disaster.

 Only few people really watched them. They were already on their second song and looks like the other two were starting to warm up on stage. Although still nervous, she could see Mami smile once in a while but nothing beats Tomomi’s energy. She was all smiles and even managed to do a head bang once in a while and move her body with the beat considering how heavy the bass she was carrying. Most of the crowd who watched them looks at Tomomi’s energetic moves. That’s good, Haruna thought.

 She was also having a hang on it too. She could look at the crowd now and not look at the fret as she tries to play the guitar. After the second and third song, she noticed that among the crowd, two girls listened to them all throughout. Well, maybe only one girl because the other one looked bored.

 But that’s a good start! She thought. Getting all fired up, she prepares for the last song.

 ~*~*~

 “Thank you everyone for listening. I hope you enjoyed it.” Haruna bowed and the two followed her. Then they placed their guitar on their cases and started packing up.

 “HAAY! Finally! That was fun. Let’s do it again!” She could hear Tomo’s excited voice near her. This girl, how can she be so energetic after that nerve-wracking performance. Haruna only sighed and stands up after putting her guitar in the case.

 “Ano…” Haruna heard another female’s voice and turns around to see who it was. There were two girls in front of her and she recognized them as the ones who have listened to them the whole time.

 “Oh, hi there.” She said, not knowing what to say.

 “Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed your performance,” The girl said smiling, sweetly at them. Haruna can’t help but smile too on what she said.

 “REALLY?!” Tomomi suddenly shrieked in delight and giddily faced the newcomers with a wide smile on her face. Confusion ran to the two girls’ faces as they’ve looked at Tomomi and felt that there was something wrong with her reaction.

 It was when Haruna and Mami stared in disbelief at her that Tomomi realized the mistake she had committed and so to correct it, she started clearing like something’s stuck in it before trying to talk again.

 “Ahem, ahem..Hmm, I mean, really? Well that’s great.” Changing in a lower voice, she chuckled nervously and prayed that the two will not notice their secret right away. Good thing the two girls only shrugged it off and put a smile in their faces again.

 “Yes.” The girl who had talked first a while ago answered Tomomi’s question.

 “How was it?” Curiosity burning through her, Mami couldn’t help but ask how they’ve fared so far.

 “Well, to tell you the truth….you sounds horrible,”

 “GAH!” The three clutched their heart like something pierced them.

 “There’s no synchrony in your playing,” Another dart landed at them.

 “And why would you have a synthesizer be the drummer?” The three fall in lump as the girl hit them right on.

 “Bull’s….Eye….” Mami thought, now feeling depressed. “Is this girl really enjoyed our performance or she’s here to criticize us?” Tomomi asked Haruna but she’s also on the downside.

 “But….” But?? The three quickly stood up and looked at the girl again, expectantly.

 “But I can’t stop listening and looking at you guys. What I admire the most is your hard work.” The girl smiled at them sweetly before she continues.

 “And with that, please let me support you. I’ll be looking forward until you guys made it big.” She said to them which lifted their mood a dozen feet high.

 Getting so happy with the sudden praise, Haruna didn’t thought of her actions and suddenly held the girl’s hands tightly and looked at her deep in the eye, “Thank you so much! We’ll be looking forward to that!” The girl was shocked with her movement and only managed to nod at her as she felt her face heating up. Haruna saw her blush and thought what had caused it and that was when she looked at her hands and saw that she was still clutching the girl’s hand. She immediately let go of her and bowed down before mouthing an apology and reminding herself that she is a guy now and to touch a girl just like that will have a negative thought to the person.

 “Uhm well then, with that, goodbye! See you again next time!” The girl awkwardly said and bowed down before walking away.

 “Goodbye and thank you so much!” The three said enthusiastically as they’ve watched the two girls waved their hands once more to them.

 “YOSH! Everyone! Let’s practice! Practice!” With the girl’s words, Haruna’s all fired up and started dragging the two to the studio.

 “Osu!” The two only replied with the determination not to let down their very first fan.

 ~*~*~

 “Eeh, you’re seriously going to support them huh?” Ayaka asked Rina when they went home.

 “Yes. With hardwork, everything will pay off.” Rina smiled at the thought. Rina believed in this motto very much. But aside from that, she was also thinking about the other thing. “Kyaa! He talked to me and not only that, he held my hand!” Rina was blushing now with that thought. She looked again at her hands and placed it in her cheeks, trying to hide her reddened face. This has been a great day for her.

 “Hmm, I never thought you’re into boys. You usually don’t notice them.” Ayaka said as a matter of factly.

 “Well I’m really not, but those guys are admirable you know.” She said in her defense.

 “Well then that’s good. But I think you forgot something.” Ayaka suddenly snickered. Seeing her reaction, Rina felt nervous suddenly, “What?” she asked.

 “You forgot to ask their names.” Ayaka stated as she looked at her friend, loving the young model’s changed of expression and walked away.

Rina gasped loudly with the realization, “You’re right!”

Looking back now, she could clearly see that the trio was gone. How in the world will she support them if she doesn’t even know their names?