The Birth of a Duo

The Path to Becoming a Rockstar ~Ikemen Version~

It was already dark when the three girls finally decided to leave the arcade and head home. Unfortunately, the bickering of Tomomi and Mami hadn’t stop and poor Haruna was caught in the middle of the two. All of the time in the arcade was wasted on the petty fight of the two and as Haruna had predicted from the start, they didn’t progress to their plan even one bit. Not a good start for people who were actually thinking of forming a crew.

 “Why can’t you accept that you’ve lost against me already?” Mami told Tomomi as they’ve walked in an empty street.

 “I didn’t! I’ve won on the second round on Taiko! So we’re even.” Tomomi retorted back.

 “Oh please, that was the only round you’ve won from me.” Mami snorted and directed an annoying smirk on Tomomi.

 “It is not! Who won on those driving games? Me!” Tomomi confidently said but Mami only snorted again.

 “I let you win on those because you’re so bad at playing that I’ve started to pity you.”  Tomomi got so furious on Mami’s words and her smug face that she motioned to grab on her collar but was only stopped by Haruna who was in the middle of them.

 Mami only let out a chuckle and even stuck her tongue out to her direction infuriating Tomomi more.

 “You unlucky kitty!” Tomomi resorted to verbal attacks which caught Mami by surprise.

 “What did you say, Ajujuman?!” Mami said with a harsh tone and was glaring at Tomomi.

 “You heard me unlucky kitty!” Tomomi shouted at the top of her voice which made Haruna cringed from her place. She had thought why did she even bothered placing herself in between them when she knew they wouldn’t stop fighting.

 “Oh who’s unlucky here? It’s you!” Mami said and started closing the gap between them two and Tomomi did the same, until they’ve trapped Haruna in between them.

 “S-stop…!” Haruna helplessly said to them as she felt herself being squeezed by the two but they were so absorbed in glaring at each other.

 What did I do wrong to be punished like this?! Haruna was already internally crying as she tried to squeeze her way out between them. All she had to do was prevent Tomomi and Mami from fighting but why did she end up being yelled at and trapped.

 The two kept on taunting each other and luckily for Haruna, she was able to move away from them when their shouts started getting louder. She was sure that her ear drums will not take it if she was still in between them.

 Haruna annoyingly looked at the two and past them instantly without them noticing. That was the last straw for her so she decided to walk away.

 “That’s it! I quit!” She said more to herself and hurriedly walked in an alley.

 She was furious and tired from hearing the two quarrel that she didn’t instantly noticed that a group of dangerously-looking guys ahead of her.

 “Those two, they’ve just wasted my time and here I thought that everything will change from now on.” She muttered to herself and kept on walking into the direction of the guys.

 “Where are you going, pretty girl?” One of the guy who appeared to be drunk said and motioned for his boys to stand from where they were sitting.

 Haruna froze from her spot and finally looked up to see six guys walking to her direction. Haruna’s heart skipped a beat and she unconsciously stepped back, trying to get away to them. Unfortunately for her, they’ve noticed her action and instantly surrounded her, blocking her path.

 “Hey, why in a hurry to leave? We’re just going to start to have some fun.” The guys let out a chuckle and just watched Haruna shiver from fear.

 “P-Please, I just want to go home.” Haruna let out in a small voice but the guys only made a hoot sound and even dared to mock her.

 “Really? But it’s still early! The party’s about to start and it would really be nice if you could join us.” The guys reeked of alcohol and Haruna can’t help but cringed from the smell of it.

 “So what do say?” Another guy said and brought his arm around Haruna’s shoulder.

 Haruna let out a yelp from the touch and pushed the guy away from her instantly.

 “Don’t touch me!” She shouted but the guys only laughed.

 “A rough one! I’m going to like this.” The guy snickered and looked at her like she was a prey.

 “P…Please…” Haruna was totally frightened at that point but the guys didn’t stop from advancing to her.

 “Don’t worry, you’ll have fun too soon enough.” The guy said with a sinister look in his eyes. Haruna feared for her life by then and tried to run away from them but she was caught instantly. She yelled for help but the guys only laugh even harder and told her that it will be no use since no one passes that alley at that time.

 The guys held her arms and shoulder and started dragging her somewhere. She tried to fight but with six guys dragging her petite body, it was a futile battle. She prayed for someone to come in her aide but as seconds turned to minutes passed, her hope started to dwindle. Her fear consumed her and she was about to cry but just then, the help she was praying for came.

 Well, not exactly what she had prayed for but it was good enough for her to see two familiar faces rounding the alley she was in.

 “Let’s settle this on the next game!” The shout caught the six guys’ attention and saw two girls shouting to each other at the top of their voice. The guys looked confused at the two but then it turned into a smirk to find that they have another two victims in their hands.

 “Sure! We’ll go tomorrow again and see to it who was the true winner!” Tomomi shouted back, not noticing Haruna being held by six guys.

 “Wow, it must be our lucky day, boys.” One of the guys said and four of them moved to Mami’s and Tomomi’s direction while the other two kept hold on Haruna.

 “Don’t back down, Ajujuman, or else you’ll treat me an okonomiyaki for a whole month!”

 Gosh! Why don’t these two just shut up! Haruna thought and watched in horror as her only hope disappearing in an instant.

 “Hey girls, want to join us?” The guy told them but the two girls ignored him and even passed him by as they’ve continued bickering to each other.

 “What the?!” The guy looked furiously back at them but the two didn’t even budge.

 The three who followed him looked at the two incredulously as they too, were passed by the two.

 “Hey! Are you even listening?!” The guy from before yelled but the two were so busy with their discussion, which was now turned into who could eat the most okonomiyaki. The guy started getting angry and started walking towards the two again but this time, he had all the determination not to be ignored again.

 “Hey! I’m talking to you two!” The guy angrily said and made a mistake to touch Mami’s shoulder ending him up into one of the painful position he could have gotten into.

 Mami grabbed his hand and started twisting it to his back before yelling out to him, “Don’t bother me! Can’t you see I’m having a serious talk here?!”

 The guy let out a howl of pain and started twitching from Mami’s painful hold before she roughly pushed him making him tumble into the ground.

 “Why did you do that?!” Another guy shouted and moved in between Mami and Tomomi but then, he was placed in a painful position too as he blocked Tomomi’s view of Mami.

 Tomomi instantly grabbed him on the shoulders and throw him out of her view, landing him in the pile of garbage just nearby.

 “Hey! Don’t turn your back to me! We’re not done talking!” Tomomi yelled at Mami.

 “Who says I’ve turned my back on you squeaky voice!” Mami says in retort.

 “Oh…my…God…” Haruna was left speechless as the two effortlessly threw the two guys. She’s not the only one who was shocked from the turn of events as the remaining four looked as shock as she was.

 “The hell was that?!” One of the guys yelled out and once they’ve got out from their daze, the two started charging on Tomomi and Mami who was miraculously still bantering to each other.

 “You’ll pay for that!” One of them yelled and grabbed both of their shoulders but was only greeted with a kick in the stomach by the two girls leaving him stumbling down.

 “Get out of our way!”  The two yelled to their direction.

 “Oh no you didn’t!” The two who was holding Haruna furiously yelled and let go of Haruna as they too came charging to the two girls. Now three guys were after them with their fist held high aiming to hit both of them.

 “NO!” Haruna cried out in fear as she watched the three guys brought down their fist to the two but she was completely taken aback when a sudden twist of event happened.

 Just before the first guy landed his fist on Mami’s face, she instantly moved out of the way and span to her right swinging her right hand straight to the guy’s face. It hit him hard and he started to struggle for a moment until Mami brought her knees to his stomach and hit his back with her elbow. He crumpled to the floor and was doubled over from the pain.

 Tomomi on the other hand, bent to her knees to avoid getting hit and shot forward with her fist held high hitting the guy who came charging on her straight in the stomach too. The guy cried out of pain and backed away from her instantly.

 The remaining one didn’t even know what hit him until he found himself face down to the floor with his nose bleeding.

 The six guys staggered to get up from their feet but they got so pissed off from being beaten by two girls that they have decided to attack in group like cowards they are.

 Haruna watched in terror as the six guys advanced to the two girls with a frightening speed but somehow, Tomomi and Mami were able to counter their attack.

 They’ve able to deflect their attacks and was even able to throw a few jabs on their bodies before kicking them down with all the force they’ve got. Haruna was left watching in amazement as the two move in unison like two partners in a dance but instead, it was a fight.

 They’ve watched each other’s back and even caught in a rhythm as they’ve fought the six guys with all their strength.

 “Take my awesome powerful fist!” Mami cried out as her fist landed on someone’s jaw.

 “No mercy!” Tomomi shouted out and threw another guy to the pile of garbage.

 “Maybe, I’m worrying about the wrong people.” Haruna said in a corner as she pitied the guys whom she was scared for at first as they take all the hits the two girls have to give them. She can’t even try to stop them because she’s also afraid of getting hit by the two.

“What the hell is with these girls?!” Someone shouted out and was only taken down with a powerful kick on his shin. They were already out of breath and energy when they’ve stood up and was about to run away when suddenly, the two let out another battle cry.

 “To infinity! And beyond!” The two said in unison and they did a double flying kick leaving the guys flying out.

 Once they were taken care of, the two faced each other with a glint in their eyes and a smile so wide on their lips.

 “You can read my mind!” Tomomi shrieked out in delight with sparkling eyes as she looked at Mami.

 “You can read my mind too! And those attacks! Those were awesome!” Mami excitedly said to her and they’ve both hugged while jumping around like a bunch of kids found their long lost sister. They’ve started commenting and talking about their attacks awhile ago that they didn’t even notice that Haruna was still there.

 “Somehow, everything’s wrong.” Haruna shook her head in disbelief before she went up to them and tried to separate them from each other. “Hey you two! Are you both Yankees?! You’re good at fighting!” Haruna asked them, stopping their giddy talk.

 “NO WAY. It is called self-defense! Every girl should know it!” Mami said to Haruna and which Tomomi gladly nodded her head to her answer.

 “Mo! You two were just fighting each other awhile ago, now it looks like you’re the best of friends!” Haruna said in reply. “Well, I think we are really a good combination. Right, Mami?” Tomomi nudged on Mami’s shoulder which the girl nodded in agreement.

 “You have to teach me that er punch you did awhile ago!” Mami suddenly exclaimed and the two went on to another round of fight talk. Haruna couldn’t separate them after that. She only shook her head and looked confused at the two as they happily discuss to each other.

 The girls were so busy talking to each other that they didn’t notice that a new threat was coming.

 “There!” Someone shouted from the distance and started advancing to where the girls were standing.

 Who could these guys be?!! Are they friends or foes?!