Winding up with fate called Haruka

The Path to Becoming a Rockstar ~Ikemen Version~

“There!”

 Haruna looked back at the direction where the voice came from and before Mami and Tomomi could even see who it was, Haruna yelled out shocking the two.

 “RUN!” Without further ado, Haruna grabbed Mami and Tomomi by the arm.

 “How can this be happening?!” Haruna let out as she saw about a dozen of guys running towards them, among them was the guys Mami and Tomomi beat up a while ago.

 “WOW! We’re being chased by the guys! SUGOI!” Tomomi said dreamily as she saw what caused Haruna’s sudden action.

 “BAKA! This is different to what you are imagining!” Mami retored back at her.

 “Shut up both of you! Focus in running!” Haruna shouted at them annoyingly.

 This would not happen if this two didn’t fight each other in the first place! Although they’re good at fighting, a dozen guys could easily overwhelm them.Haruna had thought and started panicking internally.

 “Think Haru! Think!” Haruna’s trying to find a way out of this mess up scene. She thought that this only happens in manga. Looking back at her, she saw that those shady-looking guys were still on pursuit. Mami and Tomomi were still behind her but due to the unnecessary waste of energy they’ve shown earlier, their stamina’s pretty much depleted. She should come up with an idea fast!

 And then she saw it. Up ahead, she saw an entrance to what it seems a music hall. She thought to herself that maybe they could lose these guys out in the crowd.

 “Mami! Tomomi! There!” Haruna only needed to point on the direction and they understood instantly what she meant.

 Going in the building, it was pretty dark inside except for the lights that keep the stage lit. A band was performing but they were busy trying to get in the crowd so they haven’t notice much of it.

 “Dammit! Spread out and don’t let them get away!” The guy who seems to be their leader shouted out and the guys did as they were told.

 “Haru, they’re also here. What should we do?” Mami said to Haruna for reassurance but she is also out of her wits now. Slowly, the guys are going to surround them. In every direction they look, they could clearly see the guys coming close to them.

 “Here! Over here!” Somehow Tomomi managed to slip through them and into a door. Unfortunately, Haruna and Mami weren’t the only ones who heard her but also the leader of the guys who were chasing them. Haruna rapidly tugged on Mami and they all went in. It turns out that it leads to the backstage. Everyone’s busy in there so they didn’t notice the girls coming in. The girls looked back and saw that five of the guys went in together with their leader. They’ve frantically looked for a place to hide and that’s when Tomomi saw another door.

 “We can hide there!” Tomomi pushed the two on the way but with her outburst, a staff noticed them and frowned seeing some unfamiliar faces with no ID’s that could let them in the backstage.

 The three tried their best to lose him while making their way to the door and fortunately, they did and they were safely inside the room. The room was dark when they’ve came in and they needed to stumble around the room just to find the switch. Once they’ve did find it, they saw that it was in fact a dressing room with some clothes scattered around, a sofa and tables with fixed mirrors were seen in the room.

 “We could hide in here!” Tomomi suggested. “But we can’t stay long! They will definitely look in here and that staff guy, I bet he knows where to look in here.” Mami said the fact that they don’t want to hear.

 “Well, we could take them on again.” Tomomi suggested but Haruna quickly hit her at the back of her head.

 “Itte! Why did you do that for?!”

 “Are you crazy?! Didn’t you see how many those guys are? They could easily defeat you! Besides, I think you two were tired enough with all those playing, bickering, fighting and running so you don’t have the energy to fight now.” Haruna told her.

 “Oh. You’re right.” Tomomi said and slumped on the sofa thinking what they will do.

 “Now let’s find a way out of here that is safe and less suicidal.” Haruna muttered and looked around the room once more.

 She saw the strewn clothes and accessories that was in there and that was when a bulb lit in her head.

 “That’s it!” Haruna excitedly said and started pulling those clothes, examining them before taking off her top.

 The two dropped their jaw when Haruna started undressing in front of them.

 “Haruna! Please don’t pollute my innocent eyes!” Tomomi shouted out and looked away while covering her eyes.

 “WHAT?! Hey! Don’t look! You two should start changing your clothes too!”

 “What?” The two asked at the outrageous Haruna but then, she threw the remaining clothes to them and proceeded in changing her clothes.

 “Err, I still don’t get it.” Mami asked as she looked at the pair of pants and a loose shirt in her hands.

 “We’ll dress up differently so those guys would not notice us. We’re going on disguise.” Haruna said to them as she pulled the pants on her legs. It was quiet big on her but luckily, there was a belt attached to it and she just folded the pants so she won’t trip on it.

 “Oh…” The two muttered and looked incredulously at first.

 “Well? Are you going to change or wait until someone finds us in here?” Haruna raised a brow as the two didn’t budge from their position.

 “Aah, right. Chotto…” Mami muttered and started changing her clothes too. Tomomi followed her and soon enough they were wearing some loose, baggy clothes.

 “Hmm…But they will still recognize us with our face.” Haruna muttered and think deeply on how they could cover them.

 “Will this work?” Mami suddenly said and in her hands were some wigs she had found on a box in the corner. Haruna’s lips widened into the smile and took one of the wig, looking expectantly at it, “Perfect!”

 Once they have fixed and arranged their clothes according to their comfort, they’ve looked at the mirror in the room and they were elated on how they look.

 “Wow, I look like a guy now.” Mami had said and started fidgeting at her wig once more.

 “Yeah, I bet they wouldn’t recognize us with this.” Tomomi happily said.

 “If that is true, then I’m happy. Now we need to get out of here before someone finds us.” Haruna muttered and went towards the door. After a one last look, the other two followed her.

 They’ve peeked out first before actually going out when they’ve find it was safe enough to go out. With their disguise, they look like a bunch of guys that are also there to play some music. They’ve blended perfectly.

 Soon, they’ve spotted the guys who were chasing them but it seems like they didn’t recognize them.

 They’ve passed easily through them and they were only a few feet to the exit when someone grabbed their arm and span them around.

 They’ve found out! We’re doom! Haruna thought miserably and held her breathe as she looked at the guy who just turned them around.

 “You’re the new band, right? The Dynamic Trio? I was waiting for you guys! Don’t you know how lucky you are to be able to play here! Next time you’ll be late, I will never let you in here again.” Unexpectedly, it was the staff guy before but it seems like he had mistaken them from someone else.

 He didn’t let them respond to his question when he saw the time and just started dragging the girls into another room. The three don’t know what to do on the sudden turn of event so they’ve just followed him, still confused until they’ve reached the room.

 “These are your instruments. Be ready in one hour. Since you’re late, I’ve changed the arrangements of the bands. You’ll play last. If you do anything reckless or stupid, I promise you, you will not like what I will do when I find you.” An evil stare was received by the girls. Feeling the chill in the air, they nodded in agreement on what he said without complaining. After that, the staff went out of the room leaving the girls dumbfounded.

 “SCARY!!! What just happened?” Asked Tomomi. “I really don’t know, somehow he thought we are The Dynamic Trio.” Haruna said. Now they’re stuck in a room with a mean staff that will do a horrible thing if they do try escape, or if they will successfully get out of there, how about the real Dynamic Trio? Poor guys. So they’ve decided to just stay and play on stage.

 “But I don’t know how to play this guitar.” Tomomi asked as she inspected a guitar and pick it up from its holder. She noticed that it has only four strings in it and it was heavy. With her small frame, how could she manage to hold it for a long time? She placed the guitar back to its holder and faced the other two.

 “Me too. I can sing but can’t play a guitar. What will we do?” This time, it was Haruna who talked. Then she looked at Mami whom she noticed thinking intently. “Mami?”

 “I know how to play the guitar, somehow. I was in a band but I was a drummer then so my guitar skills are just of a beginner.” Mami said. “If only we could perform a simple tune. I could teach you how but I doubt an hour will suffice.” She suggested to the other two. Now, the two girls face lit up and somehow thought it would still be a good idea than doing nothing. Remembering the chill they’ve just felt when the staff guy looked at them, anything will do just to get out of his bad side.

 “We’ll do it! Onegai, Mami!” Haruna said as she bows. Tomomi did too and so Mami went and picked up an electric guitar and gave it to Haruna. She handed the guitar Tomomi just held awhile ago and said, “This is called a bass guitar. You can play it one string at a time but that is only in the extent of my knowledge.” Mami said. “Now going back to business, we need a simple song but cool enough that the audience might like and I’ve just got the right song. So you guys should pay attention and do whatever I say.” Mami smirked as if she has an evil plan ahead for the two. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Haruna whispered to Tomomi.

 “Me too.”

 ~*~*~

 After an hour of practice, Mami had thought them the easiest way of playing their respective instrument. Every second count and Mami was literally breaking their fingers after that gruesome guitar lesson.

 “I can’t do this anymore! I can’t move my finger!” Tomomi whined but Mami only kept on making her play the bass.

 “No whining! More practice!” Mami yelled at her and went back on teaching a teary Haruna.

 “AAW!! You said simple! But that song doesn’t even come in the simplest term!” Tomomi complained to Mami as she is massaging her fingers which by now are inflamed because of pressing those strings. Dents on her fingertips could be seen and every time she presses the strings again, pain just shot up more.

 “I’ve made it in its simplest form! I’ve chose it since the song is pretty catchy and the guitar chords are simple. The bass part can be simplified too. And there was a part where we can only sing without playing the instruments. We will leave out the bridge and rap part though.” Mami said as she tries to teach Haruna the last chords.

 “Definitely, we will leave the guitar solos out too. I’ll be the drummer since I have experience. Tomomi just let your fingers like walking in your palm like what I taught you and you’ll be fine. And don’t forget the notes!” Mami pointed on Tomomi and so, she practiced once more.

 They’ve agreed that they will all sing the song and Haruna will be the main vocals. To compensate for the lack in expertise in playing the guitars, they’ve thought to just play and sing lively. Like dancing, the only difference is that they have guitars with them. “And remember, you are men right now, ok? So act like a man all throughout or else our cover will be blown.” Mami looked like she was having fun with this idea.

 The door suddenly opened and they all jumped out in shock. “What’s with you guys?” It was only the staff and he was there to tell them that they need to go out now. They are next to play.

 “YOSH! This is it!” Mami said as she taps the shoulder of the two girls. “Act manly and we’re good!” She just said and started heading to the door.

 “Well you can definitely do the part, Mami.” Tomomi said in a whisper. “What?” Mami asked but Tomomi shook her head and just smile.

 Once they were outside, they could hear how hype the crowd was. The band that was playing before them was so good that the crowd started singing and chanting their name.

 “This is bad. This band is great! How will we even fare with that since we’re beginners!” Tomomi said and about to run but she saw the staff guy glaring at her and so she backed up.

 “W-we’ll just do what we have planned. Besides this is not a contest.” Haruna said to Tomomi and Mami who is now dazed on the band that was playing.

 “Maybe I’ve placed us in the wrong position.” Mami said to the two. They looked at each other, unsure what they should say.

 “Well, good thing is, those guys are gone now.” Haruna said when they couldn’t see the shady-looking guys anymore.

 “We’ll just get through this one and just forget what happened after, okay?” Haruna suggested but her face was drained out of color.

 “S-sure.” The two had said in nervousness and watched as the band exited the stage.

 “Here we go…” Haruna nervously said and walked bravely towards the stage. The other two gingerly followed and in a second, they were in front of the expecting crowd.

 “It’s nice meeting you both. I think this will be our last stand.” Mami had announced behind the drums and the two dreaded on what will happen next.

 “1, 2, 3!” Mami tapped her drumsticks and that’s when the music started.

  ~*~*~

Among the crowd who was watching, the girls caught the attention of a certain person. That person watched intently at the band playing in front of her and a ghost of a smile formed on her lips.

 “Chouko, I think I’ve just saw the band we’re looking for.” The person who found some interest on the performing band said in her companion.

 “What?! Really? You mean the previous band?” Chouko excitedly said as she remembered how good that band was.

 “No. I’m looking at them right now.” Haruka smiled ingeniously and watched as the three moved differently compared to the other bands she had watched.

 “What? That band?!” Chouko outrageously said and stared in horror at the band in front of her.

 “I’m quite sure. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to meet those guys.” And with that, Haruka moved to where the backstage was after the band finished their performance. Once she was inside, she witnessed the band that caught her attention being humiliated by a guy who she thought was a staff in that hall. He was scolding them on how they could even have the guts to come up the stage while playing so badly and even called them just-a-bunch-of-dancers instead of musicians.

 Haruka couldn’t blame him since they really do play badly but somehow, they’ve caught the attention of the crowd with their energy and their different way on playing their music. Without wasting her time anymore, Haruka motioned towards them and cleared for the guy to notice her.

 “Ehem, pardon me, sir but I need to talk to these three if you don’t mind.” She said sweetly and even smiled at his direction. The guy only stared at her but then let out a sigh before giving the band a one last scolding before handing them to the Haruka.

 Haruka looked at the guys in front of her and found that they were really downed on what the staff had told them. They have this depressed look and they didn’t look up when Haruka talked to them.

 “Walk with me?” Haruka only muttered and motioned to the door out into the streets. The three only looked hesitantly but then nodded their head and walked out with Haruka.

 They were silently walking at first lead by Haruka but she didn’t said anything after they had walked out of the building. The three were getting anxious so that was when one of them broke the silence.

 “If you’re going to scold us like that guy did awhile ago, please just do it already. We’re really tired and just wanted to go home.”

 Haruka stopped walking by then and turned around to see the sad faces of the guys. She bet that the one who had talk was the vocalist and the guitarist awhile ago. She just stared at them for a few seconds and then moved towards them getting a closer look at them.

 “I’m not going to do that. In fact, I think you’ll be happy after you hear my proposal to you,” Haruka told them and moved back for them to see that she was actually smiling.

 “W-What?” The shorter guy asked in caution and somehow, Haruka find it cute especially for a guy to do it.

 “My name is Yuuto Haruka, president of Premium Records,”

 “P-P-President?!!” The three looked at her, wide eyed and even looked at the business card the woman had suddenly produced for them to see that she is not lying.

“Yes, and I’ve seen your talent and your energy back then,” Talent? The three thought in confusion but then remembered their awful playing a while ago. There’s no talent there, unless…THE DANCE! The three lit up suddenly as they’ve remembered how they’ve tried to dance along with their playing and now their attention was fully on the woman in front of them.

 “I like what I see although you guys have major practicing and improving to do but I think I could help in that aspect.” Haruka said, “What will you guys say if I told you that I want you guys to be part of my talent?”

 The three were speechless on what she had said. It seems like a dream that finally, someone had finally noticed them after all those hardships they’ve faced just to become a professional dancer.

 “So, what would it be?” Haruka asked them again and after talking with only their eyes to each other, they’ve said yes in an instant without a second thought.

 “Good. Now we just need you three to sign the contract and we’re good to go.” She smiled and motioned them to follow her again.

 It didn’t take long as the building of the Premium Records was near and just a couple of minutes, the girls find themselves sitting a posh couch inside the President’s office and before them were the contracts lying on the table.

 “Now, just read this and sign after you find it to you-“

 “We’ll sign!” Tomomi shouted and held out her pen and signed the contract right away. Haruna and Mami did the same and looked excitedly at the signed contract and to Haruka who was shocked on how easy and fast it was.

 “Well, I hope you’ll find it rewarding,” She said after some time and tucked the contracts to an envelope and giving it to her secretary, Chouko, who was still looking a bit cautious on the choice her president had made.

 The three stood up and started bowing vigorously to the president and gave them their widest smile as they’ve thanked them from their bottom of their hearts.  No one could explain how happy they were at that moment and it seems like nothing could break it.

 “Well, I would be expecting a lot from you guys. Practice your instruments and play harmoniously as a band, after that, we will have no problem in debuting you.” Haruka smilingly said as she sat to her chair.

 “Yes! We’ll practice real hard with our instruments and take care of our band-“ Haruna suddenly stopped from her tracks when she noticed something odd.

 “Instruments? W-What do you mean by instruments?” Haruna asked cautiously but the president only stared at her like she asked a stupid question.

 “Instruments, as in guitars, drums. You are a band, right?” Haruka asked but the girls only dropped their jaw. The president frowned at their reaction and motioned for Chouko to give her the envelope containing the contracts and pointed the first paragraph on it.

 “It says here that you agree to be handled by my agency in promoting you as a boy band and that you’ll do your utmost will and power to follow my biddings for you guys to debut.”

 The girls’ eyes widened by then and ran to Haruka’s position and grabbed the paper from her hands and started reading at it vigorously.

 “W-Wait, we can’t do this.” Haruna was mortified on what she had read and thought how crazy of her not to read it first before signing it.

 “You can’t back out now. You’ll be breaching the contract and you’ll pay a large amount of money if you do that.” Haruka smirked and took the paper out of their hold before giving it back to Chouko.

 “What?! We don’t have that kind of money!” Mami yelled and looked horribly at her.

 “Well, just do what the contract says and we will not have a problem.” Haruka smiled.

 “B-But…” Haruna stammered and so the president put her attention to her.

 “We’re not guys…” Haruna let out as she saw something else from the contract.

 “What do you mean you’re not guys?” Haruka asked, now her curiosity piqued.

 “We’re actually…girls…” Haruna cautiously said and pulled out her wig.

 Haruka and Chouko stared as the two also pulled out their wigs and saw that they were really girls.

 “K-Kaichou! This couldn’t work! We’re looking for guys since you’ve told you’re father that the band you’ll be introducing him were males! We can’t have them.” Chouko nervously said but the president seemed lost as she stared at them.

 “You’re right. We can’t have them.” The president finally said and that lit up the three but also felt sad again since it means that they’re back to nothing.

 “But…” The president suddenly stood up and walked towards them grabbing their wigs and putting them back on their head. The three looked at her weirdly but they’ve let her do what she wanted.

 “We can use them.” Haruka smirked as she pointed at them again.

 “Huh?” The other four in the room said, more confused than ever.

 “I’ve just got the brilliant idea that this could really work out,” She said, “I have no time to look for another band as charming as you girls and now I’ve found out what I’ve been looking for!” She exclaimed and held their shoulders before saying the next words.

 “Prepare yourselves, girls. You will be the hottest, most sought after, and popular band this country will have,” She grinned at them, “The Ikemen band I’m looking for is finally in front of me.”

 “Nooo!!”

 With that said, the girls knew that their fates had finally moved from their dormant state but somehow, it moved in the most ridiculous way and the thought struck them in the most horrifying way.

 Bind by the signature, Will they be alright to disguise as a man or will it fail before they could even start?