2

I Spy With My Little Eye: You

2


Sehun follows the victim closely. He has no idea how to approach the other, so he ends up stepping on the back of his black Keds. The victim doesn't say anything. He assumes it's intentional and continues to walk on ahead. It isn't until Sehun steps on the back of his shoe a second time for him to come to a complete stop. It's a bit too sudden for Sehun and he doesn't see it coming. He slams face first into the victim from behind, almost falling on top of him, but falls on his instead.

The victim turns around, "Is there a problem?" He asks, nose flaring. "I think you have a problem."

"N-No, I don't" Sehun stutters.

"I actually think you have a serious problem," the victim corrects himself. 

"I do not have a problem," Sehun whines as he rubs his left cheek. "How can you assume I have a problem when you don't even know me?"

"Why are you following me when I don't even know you?" The victim switches the question on him. "Is there something you want from me?"

"No," Sehun gets off the ground and wipes the dirt off the back of his pants. "I've just never seen you in my English class before."

"Well, this campus is huge and it's filled with thousands of students. And that ENG 102 class has over one hundred students. So, of course you've never seen me," He fixes the back of his shoe with a single tap of the heel.

Sehun can hear some sort of accent in the victim's voice and his Korean doesn't sound as fluent as his own. The question of where he's originally from comes to Sehun's mind. "Are you new here?" He asks.

The victim rolls his eyes and says, "I just told already. This school is filled with thousands of students and--"

"No. I'm asking because your Korean sounds a bit strange."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but can I ask you where you're from? Are you even Korean?" Sehun tilts his head to get a better look at the victims face, studying every detail; the shape of his eyes, nose, and ears. "You look a bit Chinese to me..."

The victim turns his head only to hide his red cheeks. He doesn't want anyone to know. "Don't follow so close to me anymore. Actually, don't follow me at all."

"Okay, but do you at least have a name?" Sehun wants to know, but the victim is already walking the opposite way. Sehun's frustrated and to show his frustration, he pouts his lips. The victim has a familiar face, but he can't put his finger on it.

He digs into his backpack for something he's not one hundred percent sure he even has. But then again, he barely takes anything out of his backpack, so there shouldn't really be a reason as to why he wouldn't have what he's looking for. He pulls out a baseball cap and a face mask. Instead of going back to his apartment and throwing something edible into the microwave, he follows the victim around campus all day. In disguise, of course.

He first follows the victim into a coffee shop and watches as the victim asks for a triple supreme with whip cream. As soon as Sehun finds a place to sit, two tables across from the victim's, he jots down what the victim ordered in a mini notebook. He watches as the victim picks up his drink with his left hand. Sehun writes this down. He also writes down that the victim takes the whip cream in with one before pulling out his Mac book. Sehun wants to know what the victim is typing on his laptop but knowing how the victim is so serious about school, Sehun thinks it's probably an essay he's typing. He observes for another ten minutes before getting bored. It takes a complete hour for the victim to finally get up from his seat and pack his things. Sehun does the same and follows him out the door.

Sehun studies the way the victim walks; perfect posture with a straight spine, chin up, foot in front of the other on every step he takes. Sehun can feel his lips tremble. He wants to say something, yet he doesn't even know the victim's name. It's too late to say anything. By the time Sehun opens his mouth, the victim catches up to Mr. Wu, ENG 102 professor, and starts walking beside him. The two start a conversation, but Sehun can't hear a single word. This causes him to raise an eyebrow. He's never seen any of his professors talk to students outside of class. He watches as the victim sneaks a small slip of paper into Mr. Wu's hand. Mr. Wu shoves it in his back pocket and gives a slight nod of the head. They take a sharp turn. Sehun is only able to take his last step forward before he gets pulled back by the collar. He turns around to see an upset roommate.

"Where the hell have you been?" Jongin asks, anger in his tone of voice and eyes. "I've been looking all over for you."

"Well, hey! You found me..." Sehun laughs nervously.

"What were you doing?"

"Oh nothing. I was just about to head to the..." Sehun ponders for the right word. "Library?"

"You, oh Sehun, heading to the library? That's really hard to believe."

"Uh, I want to catch up on some reading."

"Wow, you were so close to convincing me. I'm sorry, but the library is not this way."

"Bathroom?" 

"Just give up, Sehun. You're not fooling anybody but yourself," Jongin says. He pinches the inside of Sehun's inner ear. "Let's go."

"Ow! Where are we going?" Sehun hisses. The pain is too much to handle.

"Home."

 



 

A/N:  Hiya! Chapter two is finally here. Thank you for reading. Chapter 3 will be uploaded later in the week. Feel free to upvote or subscribe. Also, feel free to comment 'cause I would like some feedback. Thank you and happy reading, love.