1

I Spy With My Little Eye: You

1


The news broadcasting studio is never quiet. There's always someone roaming around, whether old, chubby staff men in their late forties or short, skinny women with stacks of papers in their hands. The camera is zoomed up on the right side of Kim Joonmyun's face, magnified times twenty. Joonmyun calls it his good side.


"It's always nice to have someone as young as you on our station," he says to the college student sitting next to him. "You sure know what to say when it comes to politics."

Sehun tries his hardest not to twirl so much in his white, leather Shiloh swivel chair. There's a reason why a chair like this has wheels and spins. He may be twenty-one years old, but that still doesn't stop him from thinking like a child. His perfectly shaped lips curves into a smirk as he keeps his eyes on Joonmyun. "It's my pleasure," he says. The longer he smiles, the more noticeable the twitching of his lips become.

Joonmyun tilts his head towards the camera and says, "This is News 20 SEOUL. I'm Kim Joonmyun."

"And I'm Oh Sehun."

"And I'll be here tomorrow morning," he winks at the camera, but it looks like an eye twitch to Sehun. Joonmyun's wink is something he needs to work on a bit more.

The cameraman puts his fist above his head to show that they're finally off the air. Joonmyun sighs in relief and turns to Sehun. "All our staff and our viewers love to see you on this program," he says. "You should come more often."

"Uh, I'll think about it," Sehun hesitates to say. His eyes aren't on Joonmyun anymore. His eyes are on the group of fangirls standing behind the set, flowers and gift bags in hands. But he isn't about to accept any. He turns his head towards his roommate, Kim Jongin, who stands out from the rest. He's holding Sehun's school bag in one hand and pointing to his wrist watch with the other.

"Call me and let me know when you're done thinking about it," Joonmyun reaches for something in his pants pocket and pulls out a little slip of paper.

Sehun assumes it's his business card. He gives the older man a slight nod before carefully taking the card out from his hands. He gets up from his white swivel chair, tempted to sit back down and spin just once in it. He casually walks off the set and makes it look like he's going to greet his fans that all seem to go to his school. He ends up greeting Jongin instead.

"Ready to go?" Jongin asks him, handing him his backpack.

"Yeah. Class starts in an hour," Sehun reminds him. As much as he wants to skip his lecturing ENG 102 class, he can't. He struggles with his backpack straps.

Jongin slaps Sehun's hands away and insists on adjusting them for him. "You did good," Jongin says under his breath, hoping the younger won't hear. But Sehun hears it a bit too clearly.

"I know," Sehun says with a chuckle and a silly smirk on his face. He says this with too much pride. It's hard for Jongin to tell whether he's kidding or not.

Jongin tries not to worry too much about it. He links arms with Sehun's, instead. "We should get some coffee," he suggests as soon as the two step foot from the broadcasting station.

 

X

 

Sehun finds a seat all the way in the back and next to Jongin. Sitting in the back is his favorite. His professor never catches him cheating off of Jongin for test answers or playing games on his phone. The back also has the best air conditioning. Sehun usually likes to drift into deep sleep and drool all over his jackets sleeve.

He puts his head down.

"Oh, I don't think so," Jongin takes him by the hair. "Not today, you aren't."

Sehun makes a weird sound with his throat and says, "Why? What's so important about today?"

"We have a test today."

"Okay and so? I'll just look off of you," Sehun huffs. Jongin knows the material pretty well. He would always get A's and B's on the quizzes and tests, and all Sehun had to do was look over and copy answers down. It's the most easiest thing to do, and Sehun likes easy.

"You're not going to be able to cheat your way through life every single time, Sehun. That's not how things work," Jongin says, words from the wise. "One day you're going to have to do things on your own and without cheating. I may not be there for you, so you need to learn how to be independent."

"Yeah and I will learn," Sehun takes out a pencil from his pencil pouch. "Just not today."

Jongin sighs before taking all his belongings and moving seats. This doesn't bother Sehun one bit. There are still a few other students around him that he can easily cheat off of. As the professor begins to pass out tests, Sehun scans around for his perfect victim. The victim sits a row below him and two seats to the right. The view is perfect.

The only thing Sehun writes that is from complete memory and common sense is his first and last name. He writes his name in big but fancy print. Sehun thinks it's just way too easy to cheat in this class. He copies every single answer word from word, front and back, and never gets caught.

He leaves his seat as soon as his victim does. They're the only two that turn in their tests first. Some students whisper amongst themselves and others are too busy checking over their answers or struggling on a question to notice. The victim walks up to the professor first, hands tightly gripping onto the two sheets of stapled papers.

"I'm not surprised you finished first," the professor says with a smile. He collects his student's test.

"Maybe you should make the next test harder, Mr. Wu," the victim says in a serious tone before turning around to take his leave.

Sehun rolls his eyes at what he seems to be a ridiculous suggestion. Even if the professor makes his tests harder, it's not like Sehun's going to study for any of them.

Sehun is too caught up in his own thoughts to move out of the victim's way. The two end up bumping shoulders, and the throbbing pain in Sehun's shoulder doesn't take long to reach him. "Um, ow!" He groans then immediately looks up to meet face to face with the victim.

"I'm sorry," the victim apologizes, no sign of sympathy in his tone of voice. He speaks, yet there is no eye contact. He doesn't take one peek at Sehun. "Maybe you should move out of the way next time."

Sehun gets a better look at his victims face. It looks somewhat familiar. Maybe not from this class, but he's seen him before. He just doesn't know exactly where. The victim has the face of a beauty. It reminds Sehun of those porcelain dolls, frightening with dark aroma and left untouched on dusty, old shelves but still attractive to the eye. Or maybe Sehun just has an awful way of comparing things. The victim's face has perfect symmetry and complexity; perfect shape of the head, lips, eyes, nose, and jaw line. This causes Sehun to feel some type of envy towards the victim because the victim is flawless and he's not. Sehun is stuck with his own flaws and imperfections, and he doesn't think it's fair.

"Ahem," The professor clears his throat for Sehun. "May I have your test, please?"

Sehun looks over his shoulder to see that the victim is halfway out the door. He doesn't hesitate to hand over his test. He wants to be able to catch up to the flawless boy and ask him a few questions.

Sehun rushes out of the classroom. He's quick with his feet but not quick enough. Jongin looks up at the right time and catches a glimpse of him walking out. He quietly grunts to himself because he knows damn well Sehun found another person to cheat off from. He glances down at his test to see that he's only on question thirty one out of forty five.

 

 

 



A/N:  Hello! Chapter one is finally up. I hope you liked it, haha. Chapter 2 will be uploaded later in the week. Feel free to upvote or subscribe. Feel free to comment 'cause I would like some feedback. Thank you and happy reading, love.