Chapter 2

The Struggle of Following Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Gongchan POV***

“Chansik your teacher is coming over later,” mom tells me.

She watches as my nanny hands me clothes. She walks up to her and pushes her aside. She grabs my clothes then throws them into the closet. She takes out a different set of clothes.

“Appearance is what people take notice of first. I don’t want my child being looked down on for the crappy clothes he’s wearing. Can you imagine what people will start saying about me?”

I grab the clothes and stare at her. She waits for my reply, but I prefer not to give her one.

“Of course you don’t. You’re a ten year old. What do you know about the world?”

She giggles to herself. I tug on her chiffon shirt sleeve. She looks at me.

“I’m nine.”

“Nine, ten what difference does it make?” She waves her hands in the air.

She walks up to my mirror and fixes her lipstick. She leaves the room without saying another word.

“Your mom has an appointment today, so she won’t be able to have dinner with you and your dad is on a business trip too. Do you want me to sit down with you to keep you company?” my nanny asks.

My nanny and her daughter are the people who take care of me. I wonder if she’ll let me bring Jinyoung over.

“I don’t mind, but can I bring a friend over?” I ask.

She smiles then nods yes at me. “If that makes you happy and don’t forget you have singing lessons later.”

I nod in agreement. While she starts preparing lunch, I sneak out. I carefully look around before heading towards the playground.

“Jinyoung~” I yell loudly.

He doesn’t answer to my loud yells. After waiting for a bit, I head for his house. I knock and his mom greats me.

“Chansik! You’re here early. Jinyoung is in his room. It’s the second one on the left.”

“Thank you.”

I quickly walk to his room. I open the door and notice the room is pitch black. I move my arms around while I walk. I see a ray of light and follow it. I notice the draping of a curtain. I lean forward to move it, but end up falling.

I feel around and realize I’m touching someone’s face. I stand up immediately and open the curtain. I look down and notice its Jinyoung. I sit down next to his sleeping body.

“So this is hyung’s sleeping face.” I stare at him.

My heart can’t help, but skip a beat. Even in his sleep he’s still cool. I lean against him. Slowly I start dozing off.

“Chansik?” I hear someone call out to me. “Chansik?!”

I open my eyes and see Jinyoung staring at me.

“Hyung.”

“Can you move?”

“Huh?”

I look at my arms that are currently wrapped around Jinyoung.

“Sorry.” I say while letting go.

We both continue to lay on his futon. I move my head around, looking at his walls. I turn to look at him and smile.

“Hyung likes music?”

He nods his head. “I love it.”

“Will hyung become a famous musician and sing a song for me?”

Jinyoung smiles. “I’ll sing you tons of songs.”

I smiles back at him. “Amma wants me to be a singer too. I don’t want to. I can’t sing. Hyung can I hug you?

Please log in to read the full chapter