Chapter 3

The Struggle of Following Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Gongchan POV***

“I’m going to go play at the playground!” I tell Nanny.

I walk by myself towards the playground. I look around for Jinyoung. I haven’t seen him in four days.

“Hyung is a liar…”

I climb up the slide and sit at the top.

“Hey.” I hear someone yell. I ignore them. “Hey!”

“I’m not sliding down! Wait if you want to come up.”

“Didn’t your nanny teach you to respect your hyung?” the person laughs.

I look down and see Jinyoung laughing. My jaw drops. Jinyoung is finally here?! Should I yell at him or greet him happily?

I slide down quickly. I leap onto him. Jinyoung freezes up.

“What are you doing?”

“Hugging you. Hyung you’re a liar!”

“Were you lonely without me?”

I nod yes at him.  He smiles at me. “You can always make new friends.”

“Jinyoung is the only one I like.”

“Don’t you say that too often? Can you stop hugging me? People might misunderstand.”

I let go of him. He pats my head then makes his way up the slide.

“Hyung where have you been?”

“Me? I had to do something life changing.”

“Really?” I ask.

Jinyoung nods yes. “After some years something interesting might happen.”

I stare confused at him. I process what he is saying while trying to decode his words.

“Hyung I was thinking when you’re going to sing to me.”

“Mhm… how about now?” he asks.

“Now? Really?” I ask.

Jinyoung nods yes. His hands grip the slide’s side. He takes a deep breath then closes his eyes.

“My eyes open from your dreams, are you true? My heart continues to pound because I get to see you, I’m happy. At any minute now, I think I might run to you I can’t hold my emotion,” Jinyoung sings.

My heartbeat starts to increase as I watch him sing. I can feel my face burning. What’s wrong with me?

Jinyoung finally let’s his body slide down. I wait for him at the bottom. He stands up when he reaches the bottom. I stare into his eyes. My heart feels like it’s about to pop out.

“Chansik?”

My body moves on its own. My face lingers an inch away from his. Jinyoung freezes again, but his eyes grow wide. My lips gently touch his. When I realize what I’m doing, I jump back. Jinyoung remains frozen. His face finally changes.

“I love hyung.”

Jinyoung looks unsteady. “Is this some joke?”

I nod no to him. He suddenly starts freaking out not knowing how to react. Before I could say anything else Jinyoung runs off.

After that I waited for Jinyoung to show up again, but he never did. Just like he came into my life, he disappeared out of it. I would’ve guessed that was going to be the last time I saw Jinyoung. Our goodbye was ruined by the first confession I’ve ever made.

 

--10 Years Later--

“Chansik wake up!” my nanny yells.

“I’m up!” I yell from inside the bathroom.

I look at the mirror and fix my fringe. I finish getting ready then make my way to the kitchen.

“It smells delicious~” I say while lifting the pot’s lid.

“What did I tell? Don’t come into the kitchen while I’m cooking,” nanny complains.

“It’s a habit,” I reply.

“Go sit down. Your parents are going to be down any minute.”

I lean against the counter and let out a loud sigh. “I’m still not used to you saying that. Why can’t I have breakfast with you?”

She stops cooking and walks towards me. She caresses my face. “Chansik, your parents are trying their best to be more involved in your life. Please appreciate it. I’ll eat lunch with you. Okay?”

We smile at each other. I nod yes to her. She returns to cooking and I make my way back to the kitchen.

“Did you sleep well?” mom asks while I sit down.

“Yeah,” I reply.

“I found out something really interesting!” my mom shrieks.

Nanny comes out and sets our food down. My dad finally comes to the kitchen. He sits down while smiling at me. Oh gosh… I still feel weirded out.

I begin to eat my breakfast while my parents whisper to each other. They look at me happily. I stop eating and stare at them.

“What?”

“I said I found out something interesting. It’s about your dad’s company!”

“I told you I don’t want to be a singer. How many times will I have to tell you I’m not interested? Plus how many years has it been since I had a vocal lesson?”

My mom laughs. My parents look at each other then at me.

“It’s not that. You know that idol you really like… What’s his name again Jin….?”

“Jinyoung. Jung Jinyoung, honey,” my dad replies.

“Yeah? What about him?” I ask.

“Guess who signed a contract with him the other day?” my dad asks.

My eyes grow wide. “Really!?”

My dad nods yes. “He’s going to be debuting with a g

Please log in to read the full chapter