Chapter 1

The Struggle of Following Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Jinyoung POV***

“Amma, can I play outside?”

“Jinyoung I’m is busy making food.”

“I’m old enough to go alone, so can I go?”

“Fine. Just don’t cause any trouble.”

My mom continues to cook. I make my way towards the apartment complex playground. I begin to run towards it when it’s in my sight.

“Channie! Where are you? Your amma will be mad if you don’t come home with me,” a girl yells while staring at the playground.

I slowly make my way towards the steps. The girl’s yelling begins to irritate my ears. As I get closer to the tunnel slide I begin to hear someone giggling.

“Channie please… I’m tired and I’m probably going to be fired. I really need this job Channie. Please?” the girl says on the verge of tears.

I peek my head inside the slide. A boy with dark hair rests inside. He smiles at me brightly then waves ‘hi.’

“She’s looking for you.”

“I know,” he replies.

He continues to smile while staring at me. I look at the girl who is now sitting on the ground sobbing.

“You’re making her worry.”

He nods his head in agreement. “I’m playing a joke!”

“She’s crying. You should go with her.”

“But I don’t want to go home. It’s boring there,” the boy responds.

He begins to hum a song. The girl’s sobbing begins to grow louder in my mind.

“I’ll make you a deal!”

The boy looks at me in amusement. “What is it?”

I take a deep breath and think about what to offer him. “I’ll hang out with you every day.”

“Every day?”

“Yes,” I reply.” But go home when your nanny calls you.”

The boy thinks for a while. He bites his bottom lip as he does. I wait impatiently for him to respond.

“Call?”

“Call~” he replies.

The boy waves goodbye to me then lets his body slide down the tunnel. I sigh in relief then go down the slide too. I watch the kid walk up to the girl and pat her back. She immediately gets up, greeting him with a smile. He suddenly looks back.

“I’m Gong Chansik!!” He yells loudly.

I awkwardly wave goodbye to him. “I’m Jung Jinyoung!”

After a while of playing, I

Please log in to read the full chapter