II.

UNEXPECTED

Almost 2 weeks had passed since your first encounter with Luhan at the public library. Ever since that meeting with him, you always came to the library to meet Luhan and ask him endless questions about your paper. Surprisingly, like what he said to you: he was always there.

And this new friend of yours named Luhan, kindly help you without throwing any complains. Both of you went closer day by day and often spent lunch or dinner together. There was a time when Luhan asked you to go watch a movie after finished with the discussion.

Sharing about your personal life would be out of question. Luhan already know mostly about your family, school life and close friends by now and so do you. Through small chitchats, continued to a longer conversation and growing into multiple teasing.

There’s something that would make you happy whenever you meet up with Luhan and you didn’t know why. You started to see him in a different way rather than just a friend. You wanted to be something more to him. Someone he would only care for.

And finally.

Today is the last day of your discussion session with Luhan. The deadline of your paper is due to tomorrow and you would not have any reason to meet Luhan at the library ever again.

Well, there’s no way you would ask him to help you on every paper you would get, right?

“Is there anything that you still don’t understand?” Luhan said while flipping through a book.

“Nope!” You chimed happily, “Thanks a lot, Luhan! It’s all because of you!”

“Great to hear that…” He smiled at you and you felt your heart fluttered just by a small action like that.

“I thought I will just fill my final paper with some stupid poems or my ‘creative’ essays if I didn’t meet you that day…” A chuckle escaped from your lips as you closed a book and started to write down some notes to be added to your paper.

“You’re right… And I bet you will get a high score for this…”

His words made you looked up at him, only to see him smiled smugly at you. “You know… since this smart boy helping you out~” He sang teasingly while flipping his hair with a proud smirk.

You sent a playful hit to his arm then laughed. “Sure, sure~ don’t worry! I will treat you even better than the pizza from yesterday if I get a full mark!”

“You better keep your word…” Luhan laughed and started to arrange some books back to his backpack.

Suddenly, you felt your heart sank. “Umm… Luhan…”

“Yes?” He looked at you with a set of adorable look that never fail to make you squeal crazily inside.

“Umm…” You grew nervous and bit your lower lip, “Since my paper is done now… Umm… Can I still meet you—again…?”

Luhan blinked his eyes because of your question and just stared at you without saying anything.

Your face reddened in instance and immediately regretted yourself for asking something like that. “I-I mean—err—I mean… Umm… I—”

“What are you talking about?”

Eh?

“Of course you can meet me again! What’s with that question, hm? You don’t want to see this smart boy ever again?” Luhan showed his gummy smile at you and you just left in daze because of his words.

“Do you really think that I want to befriend with you just because of this paper thingy? Hell no, ___… I never think like that to begin with…” His sincere smile made you let out a relief sigh.

“S-so… You mean—we can still often meet with each other…?”

It was just like shocking news for you. You were thinking that he wouldn’t want to meet you ever again. You were thinking that Luhan befriend with you just because he felt burden with the fact that he was offering help first to you.

But no. You’re wrong. The boy in front of you never thought those ways and you were already in the verge of crying in a pit of happiness right now.

“Of course…” Luhan nodded cutely then ran a hand to rummage through his jeans’ pocket. “Just call me—uhh—now give me your number…”

Luhan asked my number!? Oh God… Is this my birthday…?

Butterflies filled your stomach and you felt like your heart had stopped beating. Your brain stopped from functioning. It was just like a dream that you would still be able to keep in touch with him in the future.

___?”

You felt a finger poked your cheek and your eyes grew big when you realized that the finger belonged to Luhan.

“—so your phone number is…?”

“O-oh!” Panicking, you rapidly blurted out your phone number then Luhan dialed it so then you would have his number too.

Oh my God… This is really happening…

You stared at your phone in disbelief to see Luhan’s number appeared on the screen. Instantly saved it, you grinned from ear to ear before Luhan broke your daydreaming once again.

“I’m going to save your number as ‘My Student’…” He laughed and you almost choked on your own saliva.

“W-what…? W-wae?!” Pouting, you saw him raised an eyebrow at you along with those sinful smirk on his face.

Wae? You are indeed my student, aren’t you? I’m the one who taught you, remember?”

Rolling your eyes, you propped your elbow on the table then put your chin on top of your palm. “Then what kind of name should I use to save yours?”

“Umm…”

Luhan began to tap his finger on his chin and you waited for his answer. Geez… I’m about to save his number as ‘my savior’ or ‘Luhannie’, though…

After a few seconds of pausing, Luhan finally gave you his answer. You would be lying if you didn’t taken aback by his answer. But then, you found it cute and took it as special since both of you had your own “nicknames” to each other.

Luhan smirked as he answered, “Just put me as ‘Smart Boy’…”


 

Without you realized, two days had passed since the last time you met Luhan. Since you were busy arranging your final paper and submitted it to your lecturer, you didn’t even get the chance to meet with him or even contacted him.

Actually today, you had some free time before your class so you decided to go to the library. Hoping you would see your savior.

But your hope was crashed into pieces when you didn’t find him inside. Walking home with a big hole of disappointment inside your heart, you were thinking that he might stop visiting the library too since you had done your paper.

And now, you were lying down idly on your bed. The clock had shown past midnight yet you didn’t feel sleepy at all. More like, you can’t sleep. About more than 30 minutes already, you were staring at the phone on your night desk.

Should I call him…?

Grabbing your phone, you sat up on your bed and stared at the small device on your hand. “But it’s almost 1 now…”

Sighing, you were battling with your inner self. You began to open your contacts then stopped at one number that named as “Smart Boy” on your phone screen.

“But… I miss him…”

Finally, you tapped on the green button and dialed his number. Closing your eyes, you felt your heart began to beat faster more than its normal pace and prayed the other line would answer.

Yoboseyo?”

Just like someone had clicked the “happiness button” inside your body, you almost jumped on your bed like a little kid, holding back your scream.

He answered it!!!

His hoarse-yet-gentle voice from the other line almost sent you to the edge of merriment. It was somehow made your heart to race faster and calmed you at the same time.

“Umm… Y-yoboseyo…? L-luhan?”

“Yes, how are you my student? Having trouble on sleeping?” He asked with a playful tone and you chuckled almost immediately.

“Well… I drank too much coffee this evening…” You lied. “Or maybe I have too many things to think about… What about you? What are you doing in the middle of the night like this?”

“Just because…” Luhan’s giggle gave shivers to your spine yet you felt it was calming. “Hmm… Do you call me because you miss me?”

Bull’s eye.

Clearing your throat awkwardly, your face started to grow hot. But no, you are not ready to show your feeling to him yet. “O-of course not! Why should I?!”

Raising your voice, you tried to make it sound as normal as possible. You were just hoping Luhan wouldn’t know that you were obviously saying the opposite. “You must be the one who missed me, right? You mentioned it first…”

Luhan laughed because of your comment, “Yeah… I think I’m kind of missing you…”

What?

His answer came out in the calmest tone, yet it didn’t help you at all. That’s it. You were sure your heart was about to explode any moment now. It felt like someone just lit a fire inside your lungs and burnt your heart into tiny bits of ecstasy.

“W-what…?”

His laugh pierced your ears again from the other line. “I said… I miss you, ___… I miss how you always kept me busy with your endless questions… I could still recall that it was hard for me to even take a breath for a second… Phew~ that was tiring for my smart brain, you know…”

His joke made you pouted, “Ya! How can you think like that? Then should I apologize on behalf of my stupid brain for that?”

Luhan laughed more and it somehow influenced you too. A big smile appeared on your face as you lying down on your stomach on your bed. “Are you satisfied now, smart boy?”

“Hahaha! I’m sorry—hahaha—I’m just joking…”

You could already imagined Luhan wiping his tears because of too much laughing inside your heart as he tried to hold back his laugh by now. “Don’t be mad, okay? Don’t you know that you are so cute to tease, hmm?

Blushing dead red because of his words about you being cute, your throat somehow went dry in instance, leaving you speechless. Luhan grew confused since he could hear nothing from the other line that was engulfed in complete silence.

___? Are you there?”

Just like you had lost the ability to speak, you couldn’t say anything. All you could hear right now was your own heart beat and you could just focus on one thing. And that was to your own feeling. Your feeling to Luhan had grown even bigger and yes, you couldn’t stop it.

Luhan… Why do I feel this way toward you even though we just knew each other in a short time…? Do I even have the right to like you…?

Ya… Are you sleeping…?” Luhan’s voice sounded worried since he still didn’t get your answer. “___? Are you okay?”

Back to your sense, you instantly apologized to him. “Y-yes, I’m okay…! Sorry… I was zoning out…”

Ya! Is it that boring to talk with me until you were zoning out? Hahaha… You sure are something!” He chimed and you chuckled upon his response.

“By the way, Luhan…”

He answered with a hum and you continued. “Are you free this weekend?”

“Umm… I don’t know… But I think I don’t have any plans yet. What’s wrong?”

“My final’s result will be out this Friday and I want to show it to you…” You explained, “Since you are really confident that I will get a high score, I have this feeling that you are going to be right, and for that, I want to treat you for a lunch or maybe dinner like I promised…”

Lame excuse. You do know about that. But you couldn’t help it. You just wanted to see him again. Seeing his smile and hearing his soothing laughs. No matter what your result will be, you just wanted to meet with Luhan again. Knowing about him more, getting closer with him. And somehow—you want to let him know about the way you feel about him. Being honest is the best policy—you thought—and you just want to be honest that you like him. Not as a friend, but as a man.

“Sure—”

Just that one word made you began to see invisible fireworks above your head as you smiled from ear to ear. Yes, this is what you’ve been waiting for. You were extremely happy that Luhan didn’t refuse it. Maybe it wasn’t more than just a friendly date for Luhan, but it would be something more for you.

“—That would be nice…”

You knew Luhan was smiling by the tone he was using right now. “Just don’t hold a grudge against me when I made you spent a lot of money later, okay? You do know I’m capable to eat more than 3 servings, right?”

“Of course. Eat as much as you want, smart boy…”

Luhan laughed and you followed. “Okay then, see you on weekend, my student…

 

Answering him with a hum, you finally decided to end the call. “Yes, sir… See you too and good night…”

 

 

“Good night too, ___…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued.


 

Annyeong sweethearts~~! Here is the second chapter!!! :D

A sweet night-phone call with Luhan!! >///< What do you think? *puffing cheeks*

And do you think Luhan has the same feeling as you? Are you anticipating the next date meeting with him?

See you on the next chapter, then!

Don't forget to subscribe, leave a lot of comments and upvote!! <3

Much love,

jesshime.