I.

UNEXPECTED

Waking up from your nap, you stretched both of your arms in the air. Squinted your eyes to adjust your vision, you took a deep breath and yawned loudly right after. But then to your surprise, a lot of “sshh” sounds were directing to you, giving you a sign that you weren’t at your bedroom.

Oh , I forgot!

Blinking your eyes, you reckoned that many pairs of eyes were glaring at you. Quickly bowing your head a few times with an apologetic expression, your cheeks got reddened; feeling embarrassed. Focusing your stare on the thick books on the table in front of you, you cursed yourself inside your mind.

How can I fell asleep while I was reading this book?! I need to submit this final paper in 2 weeks! Arghh!

Finally realized you weren’t in your comfy bedroom, you shifted your sitting position and eyed the public library to search for a clock. You found it in no time and noticed that you’d slept for a good 1 hour. Crap.

You aren’t the type to read books, but you had no choice since it is for your final assignment. Do it or fail. That’s the only choices you have.

Sighing, you opened the book and started doing your paper again.

“I hate this… No, I hate you!!” You grunted toward the book, “Why do you must be this thick and own small writings?! My eyes hurt!!”

Time passed by and you need to find another book for your references. “I’ll be right back, honey…” You said sarcastically to the book in front of you before you left to find another book.

Spending about 5 minutes to find the book, you walked back to your seat. You were stopped halfway when you realized that there was someone else who already occupied your seat, reading your book comfortably. He was back facing you so you couldn’t see his face, but you couldn’t deny that you were pissed. Very pissed.

What’s that boy doing!? He took my seat! I still need that book and now he’s reading it like nothing happened?! Don’t he know I spent almost 2 hours today only to find that book?!

Storming to your seat with angry steps, you approached the intruder. “Excuse me… I think I still use that book and I believe this is my seat…”

You tried to control your anger, not wanting to sound too harsh to someone you didn’t know. The boy jolted on his seat, but still didn’t have any intention to stand up from your seat anytime soon.

“Oh, sorry! Wait a minute! I really need to read this book—I just need to finish this one last page…”

You gawked at him because he didn’t even look at you while replying; making your patience grew thinner second by second. His eyes were glued to the book and you started to grow annoyed.

Ya! Who told you that you can read that book!? If you want to read it then come and get it earlier!!”

People starting to look at you and sending a glare as if saying “can you shut up”. But you didn’t care. The boy before your eyes didn't look like he was giving a damn either, and for that, you couldn't tolerate it any longer.

Rolling your eyes in annoyance, you finally lost your temper. Grabbing his shoulder, you turned him around roughly.

Ya!! I said give that book back—”

 

—Holy !

 

You could feel your heart skipped a beat the moment his face registered your eyes.

The word “cute” might already be an understatement to describe his flawless face. He is handsome, looks manly yet adorable at the same time. His skin is pure white and he has a pair of sparkling brown orbs that would melt you only with his stare.

Beautiful.

Scratch it.

He is indeed an angel in disguise.

Wow… I never know that a man could be this pretty… I mean—he is gorgeous…

“—Yes?”

The boy titled his head and his voice instantly brought your back from your short daydreaming. Clearing your throat awkwardly, you were still blushing since he caught you staring at him.

“Like I-I said… I still use that book…”

Pointing at the book nervously, the boy leering his eyes at the direction you showed and instantly pouted. You swore you almost let out a scream because he looked so freaking cute right now.

“Sure… I know that, but can you just lend me for about 10 more minutes? I need to read this book too and I saw it lying here alone on the table, so I thought no one was reading it…”

He stared you deeply and gave you a pleading look. “Do you mind? I will give it back to you once I’m done… I promise it wouldn't take long…”

Blinking madly, you were blushing again and stuttered. “O-okay… I will just read the other book for the meantime…”

“You won’t mad, right…?” He eyed you with those puppy eyes and you had this urge to pinch his both cheeks but need to shoo away the thought almost immediately.

“N-no… I won’t…” You looked away then took a seat across from him, hiding your red face. How can I be mad when you looked really cute like that? Aishh…

Beaming you a smile, he was back to read the book again. You opened another book and started reading too. Both of you were just stayed silent while reading the book, but you couldn’t help but always took glances at the blonde boy in front of you. Studying how his cute eyelashes battling against each other or how he often pouted his lips and had his both eyebrows furrowed, showing you how serious he was while reading that book.

So cute…

Minutes passed and you started to feel headache attacking you and decided to stop reading for now. “Aishh… I really don’t understand what this book talking about…” Mumbling to yourself, you massaged your own temple.

Damn… I feel sick…

“It’s simple, actually. It’s telling you about how ancient people progressed year after year…” The blonde boy in front of you answered unexpectedly.

Taken aback by his words, you straighten your sitting position then eyed him with wide eyes. “W-what did you just say?”

“I said—” He looked up from the book he was reading and gazed at you. “—That book is about how ancient people did their activities from year to year… There are some explanations about how they survived during those times too…”

Your mouth formed an ‘O’ and blinked confusedly at him. “O-oh… Okay, t-thanks…”

He nodded then smiled from ear to ear. “If you have anything to ask about that book, then just ask me… I’ve read that one about 5 times already during high school… So yeah…” He shyly confessed and your eyes went big as golf balls.

“Really!?”

You instantly jumped from your seat then took the seat beside him, taking the book with you. “T-then what about this one? What’s this one is about…?” You pointed on one paragraph that you didn’t understand since it was written mostly in roman language.

The boy willingly scooted closer to you. “Umm… This one is about—”

Much to your surprise, he explained it to you in details and with patience. You tried to comprehend it inside your brain and kept asking him questions one after another. Kindly answering all of them to you, both of you were left in deep conversation about your paper and lost track of time.

“Oh my God… It’s already 5…” You glanced at the clock on the wall. “I think that’s enough… I’m so tired…”

Rubbing your eyes, you let out a chuckle and smiled at him. “Thank you so much for—err—your big help…”

“No problem… Tell me whenever you need help…” His eyes formed crescent moons and you swore your heart started to act weirdly again. It was thumping crazily inside your lungs and you began to have trouble with breathing.

“Can I really do… that? I feel bad, though…” Looking warily at him, you caught him just let out a laugh upon your question.

“Why should you feel bad when I’m the one who’s willing to help?” He gave you another breath-taking smile, “I always in this library during weekdays… And you told me that you must submit this paper in 2 weeks, right? Then if you have something you don’t understand, just come here and ask me… To be honest, I’d done a paper like yours before…”

All of sudden, you felt like someone popped a confetti above your head. Yesterday, you were thinking about giving up on your final assignment and would just enroll on the next semester again, but then, God hears your praying. A savior now appeared before your eyes.

Omo!! Thank you so much!!” You grinned at him with a pair of sparkling eyes. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you—err—”

Biting your lower lips, you rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly. “By the way… What’s your name? I didn’t even ask for your name but asked you hundreds of questions for hours already… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to be rude…”

“Oh, you don’t need to be sorry… I love reading, though…” He smiled widely then offered a handshake to you. “My name is Luhan…”

Luhan…? What a cute name

Spelling his name repeatedly inside you mind, you groggily took his hand and shook it, feeling his soft flesh against yours. “Hello, Luhan… My name is ___… Nice to meet you

“Nice to meet you too…” Luhan started to close the book then stood up. "So…"

“Will you come again tomorrow?”

You shyly put your hair behind your ear then smiled at him with a blushing face. “Y-yes! I will!”

 

Luhan flashed you a smile, “Great… See you tomorrow, ___…”

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued.


 

First chapter! This is the start!! Hello everyone~~ :D

How's your first impression of Luhan in this story? *grin*

Don't miss the next chapter, okay?

And don't forget to: Subscribe. Comment. Upvote.

Much love,

jesshime.