The Last Time

A Little Not Over You

Ji Hyo POV:

Today is the day, where I will stand on the same stage as Gary and have the blast of our time. It is our performance day! We have apparently scored really high for this project. I was so nervous I couldn't sleep the previous night. Yet now I am in high spirits, changing into my fanciful dress. 

Gary POV:

Once dressed, I started checking the equipment and getting ready. I did some mouth exercises and checked the equipment non stop. I didn't want this day to come! I was just getting the gitteries and fear... Suddenly, a goddess descended from above. 

"Gary..." Ji Hyo came out of the changing room in a pure white dress. 

"Wow..." I was stunned for words. "I don't know what to say!" 

She came up to me and hushed me. "I don't need you to say anything! Let's just appreciate this moment after days shall we?" 

I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her close. We didn't even have time together to rehearse. However, I am pretty sure that this performance will be smooth because nothing else can express our feelings for each other except this song. This song was written me and surely, it is heartfelt. 

"5 minutes to showtime our superstars!" Eun Hye came in and into our romantic time. I immediately released her. However, Ji Hyo tugged onto me and I had to hug her again. Honestly, I really didn't want to let her go. I even wanted to hold her forever but I know that I can't. After what felt like the next minute, it was time to go onto the show. Ji Hyo's breath started picking up and she was nervous. I kissed her forehead and gripped her hand tightly. 

"LET'S WELCOME THE STARS OF OUR SCHOOL! KANG GARY AND SONG JI HYO!!! A ROUND OF APPLAUSE PLEASE!" The school principal announced. I led Ji Hyo onto the stage with her hand in my arm so formally. When we reached the centre of the stage, we bowed and thanked the principal. I switched on the mic and spoke into it

"This song is composed by me. Melody was also by me however Ji Hyo was the one who wrote the notes and came up with the rhythm. I guess we just did it together! I hope that you guys will enjoy and whoever can relate to this please enjoy it and feel it with your heart! Thank you! Sit back and enjoy!!!" I said. 

"Let's do this babe!" I told Ji Hyo and she calmly made her way to the piano. 

She sat down and placed her hands on the piano. I nodded and she started playing the beginning melody. The song flowed like music, smooth and gentle. That's when I felt like my heart was going to explode as I sang the lyrics...

Verse 1:

Seeing you for the first time was like looking at an angel before me

We were not close but we were close

The days passed on and I felt my heart growing wilder and crazier

Finally a day came when my heart decided to follow itself instead of listening to my dumb brain

Chorus:

Baby, will you be my girlfriend? 

I need you, I want you. 

You are not a want, you are a need. 

You are like oxygen to me... without you...

there will be no more me...

Verse 2:

Then came trouble... You ignored me

My heart ached like I got stabbed

Then you came to say sorry babe i love you

That's when my heart melted

However, my heart was still not tamed because I was like...

Chorus: 

Baby will you be my wife?

I need you, I want you. 

You are not a want, you are a need. 

You are like oxygen to me... without you...

there will be no more me...

Bridge:

Before I knew it, things got out of hand. 

Your mom stared at me with those eyes

Your dad told me that all he wanted was the best for you...

Now before I can tell you, I have to let you go...

Chorus:

Baby, will you forget me?

I need you but I can't want you

You're a need but it's okay...

I will let myself die if that's what's best for you

Because baby, I know... No matter where you are...

I will always love you!

As soon as the song ended, there was a standing ovation. People stood up and clapped for us. I went to the piano and helped Ji Hyo up. 

"Ji Hyo... Thanks for everything. Thank you for making my final year here a bliss, a journey and a loving year. I love you and I know that you will always remember me. Just remember me, where ever you are, I will always be there for you. I will love only you for the rest of my life. I. Love. You!" I then grabbed Ji Hyo's waist and pulled her to me. 

I pressed my lips to hers. She kissed me back. We were on a stage but we did not care. The principal was at the side whispering to us to stop. Finally the thing I expected to happen, happened. Someone turned off the lights. Instantly, I pulled my lips away forcefully and ran away. I ran to the rooftop and sat there alone. What happened next was going to be a pain and ache for me. 

Ji Hyo POV:

When the lights were turned out, Gary left me standing there alone. When the lights were turned back on, I was left on the stage with everyone in a frenzy as to where Gary was. Eun Hye came on stage and dragged me off stage. She brought me to the back of the stage. 

"What was that? Was that planned?" She was shocked. 

"No... I didn't even know that he was going to kiss me!" 

"But damn that was hot and sweet!" She commented. 

I got to find him. He sounded like he was leaving and never coming back. I ran to the JGS but no one was there. 

"Mdm, you got to come with us!" This guy behind me called out to me. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"No need to know. Your parents sent me. Just follow please..." 

"No. I got to find Gary! Go away! Tell my parents not now..." 

"This is part of everything Mdm... You need to come with us..." The word plan ringed in my ears.

"What plan?" I questioned. 

Gary POV:

I sat at the edge of the building. It was not to commit suicide... I just wanted to sit and enjoy the breeze before I feel the impact. Leaning on the wall, everything came to me. I recalled the day I made a promise to Mr Song...

"Welcome Mr Kang! Aren't you a strong man?" He walked into the room and sat before me. I was seated on a chair too after being dragged out of the car. I remained silent.

"If you think that remaining silent is going to work, don't try. I am going to make you suffer boy..." He leaned closer and glared at me. I continued to keep quiet. 

"Fine. I will make a deal with you first!" That made my eyes light up. Maybe there was hope for me and Ji Hyo. 

"I give you and her in that school until the last day of school. I will even let you perform with her however, immediately after the performance, you are to disappear right before her face! You are to never show your face in front of her again!" 

"Does that mean that I still can meet up with Ji Hyo before the performance?" I asked, curious about the deal. 

"Hahahaha. You think that is possible?" He laughed meanly and smirked.

"Then how is that a good deal? You do business yet you make such ty deals? You must be a conman. No wonder Ji Hyo complains about you nonstop!" I laughed. However, Mr Song himself stood up and punched me in my face. I fell from the chair onto the ground. 

"That is the most you can do? You must be weaker than me then sir! That's why you must hire these men to help you do the dirty job!" I offended Mr Song even more. 

"If you try to meet Ji Hyo once more or to even try anything funny, I can guarantee that you will never see her ever again. Not even tomorrow. You try kid. Don't try me!" 

"Sir, do you think I am that easy? I fooled you once, I can fool you again... Am I that dumb? I have learnt how to survive in such a cruel society since young. You must be playing with the wrong kid Sir!" 

BANG! PIAK! CRASH! 

Punches flew, kicks came flying, a vase was cracked on my head as Mr Song's man hit me hard without thinking. 

"STOP! We can't kill him!" Mr Song finally used his sense. 

"Hahahaha! Why don't you just kill me?" I was so tired of Mr Song's ty deal. 

However, something unexpected came to me. Mr Song wore gloves and gave me a "hug". He whispered to my ear.

"You think I don't know about Samuel? How about I marry Ji Hyo off to Samuel now? And let her be his slave? At the very least Ji Hyo in future will be a slave to a rich businessman!" I glared at Mr Song as he took the knife he drove into me out. He wasn't out to kill me. He only wanted me to be in pain and to suffer. His knife was short, barely enough to kill or wound any organ. 

That's when I crumbled to the ground and Ji Hyo came running in. Mr Song quickly took off the glove and threw all the bloody materials to his man. That's when Ji Hyo's mom came in to. Slightly before Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo doesn't know about the stab. Even the maid didn't know. I ran all the way home and only the next day did I put a bandage on my wound. 

 

Now, sitting on the rooftop, I finally heard what I dreaded to hear. 

"Gary! Please come out!!! Please!!! I need you!!!" Ji Hyo was being dragged onto the car as she struggled and tried to run away. I looked away only to make things worse. I got up and ran all the way down as fast as I could. However it was too late. The car had drove out of the school. I ran after the car. 

"JI HYO!!!!!" I screamed and suddenly crumbled to the ground. my wound split open. I laid in the middle of the road. Because the stab wound was not stitched and only the blood was stopped, the wound didn't heal well. The skin had healed but barely strong enough to withstand such pain and pressure. It tore and blood came gushing out onto my suit. A suit Ji Hyo got for me... I then out and that was the last time I saw Ji Hyo. The last time I saw her was her against the back of the car window, screaming for me and yet all I could do was lie on the ground and slowly black out...