Tea is Not My Style

A Little Not Over You

GARY POV:

The next few weeks passed in a flash without any big happenings in school. We had a couple of dates at the mall after school while the other times we were at Gary's place laughing and playing. We worked together in the JGS on our song as well. It was much simpler because our music was simple and we had experience ourselves thus it was easy. However we always got distracted. 

"Where we going today?" Ji Hyo hooked her arm with mine as we walked down the hallway to the gate. As we walked towards the gate, a car drove in and stopped right in front of us. Ji Hyo stopped in her tracks and was hanging wide open like a tiger which saw its prey.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?" I asked Ji Hyo.

"That's... that's my..." 

Suddenly, a man dressed in a nice suit with a glove got out of the driver seat and ran towards the back. He opened the door and a couple stepped out of the chair. The man buttoned his shirt as he got out while the lady hooked her arm very formally into the man's arm. As soon as the couple stepped out, I knew immediately what was going to happen next and who they were. I immediately released Ji Hyo's arm. I bowed ninety degree.

"Good Evening Sir, Mdm!" When I stood back up properly, Ji Hyo was freaking out. 

"MOTHER, FATHER, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE?" 

Her parents were the main sponsers for this school and well, they are JI HYO'S PARENTS. They glared at her and then she lowered her head. I knew that she was going to get it for talking to her parents like that. I tried to divert the attention to me. 

"Sir, Mdm, what an honour. I am Kang Gary, partner of Ji Hyo's last music project in this school. Thank you for having such a bright daughter and it is my honour for having the chance to work with her." I then offered my hand. To my shock, Mr Song just looked at my hand and then looked back at Ji Hyo. 

"Get in the car. Mr Kang, you too!" I nodded and was about to get into the car when suddenly Ji Hyo pushed me aside. She then opened the door for her dad to enter. Seeing that, I ran over to the other side and opened the door for her mother. We then retreated backwards while the car drove off. 

"What car is there to get in to Ji Hyo?" I asked her. She just sighed and immediately, another car was driven into the school compound. Someone from the inside opened the door and we saw Joong Ki. 

"GET IN! HURRY!" He hurried us in.

"What's going on?" Ji Hyo asked her brother. 

"I don't know. I was home and then suddenly they came out and asked me what you were up to recently. All I said was that you were in school doing project. Thank goodness for that project. I wasn't sure if they saw you guys linking arm though. However..." Joong Ki stopped. 

"Be careful, my parents have never asked any of my friends over besides Samuel. Not even Eun Hye. Honestly, I think that you are in great danger and difficulty now. You can have one option. Jump out and run away!" Ji Hyo told me directly in my face.

"SERIOUS?" Now, I am sincerely scared for myself. I wasn't prepared for this and never thought that I would have to do this!

"On the count of three!" Joong Ki and Ji Hyo said at the same time. 

1. 2. 3!

They all closed their eyes. When they opened their eyes again, there was chaos.

"WHY AREN'T YOU OUT OF THE CAR? COME ON!!!" There was shouts in the car about why I was not outside and still in the car. 

"STOP! No need to run. I am just going to face it!" I shouted and said to them. 

The two of them facepalmed and never spoke a word until I felt the car drive into a garage. I got down the car and opened the door for Ji Hyo. From then on, it was total silence while the chaffeur escorted me to the living room while the two of them retreated to their rooms. 

"Mr Kang. Welcome to our homes. It is my pleasure to meet you!" Mrs Song offered her hand. I cleaned my hand on my shirt before shaking her hand firmly. I don't know if it was because of my firm shake or was it me cleaning my hand but she smiled. I hope that she was impressed. The couple sat down while I stood foolishly. 

"Sit! Here's a cup of tea! Enjoy!" He then gestured to a cup of tea before me.

"How is the project coming along?" Mr Song asked.

"For now, the lyrics are done. We are now trying to mix up a rhythm and beat. It is progressing relatively well and faster than the other teams."

"What kind of relationship are the two of you in?" Mrs Song suddenly popped the question to me. 

"We? Hahaha, we are just friends. At least that is what I feel. She takes me just as a classmate. Nothing more!" I tried to say a politically correct answer. 

"Ah. I see. However, I saw her hooking arms with you laughing with you!" Mr Song now put his cup down and leaned forward staring right at me. "How do you explain that Mr Kang?"

"Sir, please don't misunderstand. It was because someone crashed into her just now and she was feeling a little dizzy as the boy's books hit her head. We were heading out when she suddenly felt faint so I told her hook her arms and support her. She was laughing because while she got hit by the book, she saw some content in the boy's book and she told me about it. She was laughing about it. There is really nothing going on between us! Sir, Mdm, there is no worry here!" I told him confidently. 

"Alright then, thanks for coming down. I will get my driver to send you home! Have a great night!" I then stood up and offered my hand. This time Mr Song took it and shook it. I was then escorted out of the house. The driver offered me a ride. However I rejected him nicely and headed for the bus. That was insane but I was amazed by myself. Today was the first time I drank pure tea and I can tell you, Tea- NOT MY STYLE!