The Confrontation

A Little Not Over You

Ji Hyo POV:

At that moment I realised that it was a private investigator that my parents had hired, my first instinct was to run. I ran as fast as I could. I was scared, cold, worried. I ran to the first place I could think of... Gary's place. 

Gary POV:

Realising that the car hot on my pursuit was probably private investigators hired by Ji Hyo's parents, I picked up speed and did a bit of dangerous drifting. I could not let them catch me. If I did, I knew that I will never get to see Ji Hyo again. I rode back as fast as I could back home. As soon as I got down the bike, I didn't even remove my helmet. I sprinted at my fastest speed back home. Using some parkour stunts I managed to jump through holes and get to my place faster than usual. To my major surprise, someone was already there. 

"Ji Hyo! What are you doing here?" I tried to act as though nothing happened and took off my helmet.

"There... there was someone... following me!" She panted and said. I immediately pulled her into my flat and switched off the lights. We sat facing each other in silence. That's when I heard footsteps. 

"They...." Ji Hyo tried to ask me something but I covered my hand. The footsteps grew louder and louder. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. That's when voices came in. 

"I think he might have ran away. Trying to mislead us into thinking that he was home. The lights are off. No shoes outside. No sound inside." One guy said.

"Yeah but it may all be his smart brains. He may just be inside but acting like he is not!" Another said. 

"I think that he is not here though!" The first man said.

"Let's just knock on the door!" 

"Don't! We don't want to make such a big deal and disturb others!"

"There is no one else but him in this crappy and ty building!"

Next minute, a loud banging came on the door. To my foolishness, I had hung the helmet on the door knob. BANG! The helmet dropped onto the ground, onto Ji Hyo's toes. 

"Ah!" She winced but my hands were over again.

"Did you hear that?" The guy asked the nicer one.

"No? Was it a ah? Or was it just the door?"

"No. Someone is inside. The kid is probably inside." The banging continued even louder. This time the guys even screamed for me to open the door. That's when I realised that Ji Hyo was shaking in fear. She shouldn't be like this. I tried to signal to her to go to the corner of the room between the bed and the wall. She slowly crawled over. Once I was sure that she was settled, I got up and picked up my helmet. I then switched on the lights.

"GARY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She whispered to me from afar. I just mouthed the words quietly to her.

"Sit and don't try to do anything. I will settle it!" She then cowered even lower. 

"Coming! So noisy!" I opened the door and the two guys barged in. 

"What do you want?" I asked them.

"Please follow me!" The one who was nicer and had more sympathy said politely. 

"Why should I? I am not your prisoner or anything. Please get out if you are here to blabble nonsense!" I pointed to the door. 

"Aish!" The meaner guy shouted and sent his feet flying into my abdomen. I stumbled backwards and fell backwards. Mr "Nice" tried to hold Mr "Mean" back but Mr "Mean" was bigger and stronger so he nearly made it to me. Mr "Nice" then came in front of me and blocked him from hitting me. 

"The client wants him back in one piece!" I felt so touched by Mr "Nice" however, I had to do something so that they get out of the room and leave Ji Hyo alone. 

"Mr 'Nice', sorry!" I pushed him away and charged at Mr "Mean". I punched the guy hard and acted like I slipped but I didn't. That gave the Mr "Mean" a chance to hit me back. His strength surprised me and even made me regret for a moment for trying to attack him. Every hit of his was bound to made one part of my face crack with blood. I sneaked a peek at Ji Hyo and my heart ached. She was crouched at one corner, holding , trying to block out the sobs and cries of her tears. I then finally crumbled to the ground, too weak to retaliate. The guys then dragged me out of the apartment and onto the car. I never saw Ji Hyo from then until...

Ji Hyo POV: 

After seeing Gary being dragged out of the room, it took me 15 minutes to stop my tears and my short breath to regain myself. I stood up and walked to his main sitting area to see blood on the ground. I took a cloth and started cleaning the ground before realising that the tears have come down again. I finally decided to stop all these. I took a cab all the way back home. 

"Ji Hyo!" Joong Ki came running to me. 

"Where is mom and dad?" I asked, feeling my blood boil. 

"I saw cars come in and next minute when I headed down, I saw Gary being dragged into the meeting room of dad's and he was covered in blood." Joong Ki seems scared. 

I pulled Joong Ki into my room and sat him down. 

"If you have a girlfriend, I advice you to give some heads up and be careful. Mom and Dad hired private investigators even in school to watch Gary and I. He was bashed up just now because he tried to divert the guys' attention to him . Joong Ki. Things may get really messy now..." I dumped my bag and went to shower. Once I was done, I headed down to the meeting room. I barged in without even knocking which could get me scolded really badly. Just as I opened the door, I saw a man punch Gary chin up. He laid on the ground, zoned out. I ran over to him only to be held back by the man. 

"LEAVE HIM ALONE! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM DAD?" I shouted. My dad signalled for the man to let me go. I ran to Gary and hugged his head. I kneeled and placed his head on my thighs. 

"Ji Hyo..." He mouthed the words. 

"Dad! You could have brought him in nicely, why hit him like that?" I asked him. 

"You see,a kid like him needs to be tamed. How defiant! Uneducated!" He looked down at Gary. 

"He has no parents, no brothers or siblings and yet he grew up so far so well! How can you say that?" 

"So what? You call this good? You must be fooled by him my girl!"

"Does having a rich and powerful parents make me educated or well brought up?" I challenged. 

"Sure. We did a pretty good job..." 

"Raising a well brought up girl who turned into a mean girl who dislikes her own parents!" I cut my dad off. He was puffing. He got up and swung his hand up. I heard a loud smack sound however I didn't feel a thing. In fact I felt lighter. That was then I saw Gary. He got slapped by my dad. My dad used so much force that Gary was smacked to the other side of the room. The guys then held him up and bashed him again. 

"STOP DAD!" I screamed as I cried. I was now on my knees, begging the man to stop hitting him. All my parents did was sit there and act like nothing was happening to their own daughter. A man didn't see me and smacked me across my face. That's when my mom got up. My dad sat there continuing to drink his tea. 

"AH!" The man yelled. Gary was up on his feet and had given the man who smacked me a strong hit. 

"STOP! I WILL PROMISE YOU WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO! I WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU TELL ME TO! I WILL FOLLOW YOUR PLANS!" He shouted. My dad made a request to Gary? 

"Well... That's more like it. I will then see you only once more then!" He got up and left the room. My mom stayed a bit more and came over to help me. I however shrugged her hand when she placed her hand on my arm. 

"Take your dirty hands away from me. I wish I was never born into a family who thinks money can solve everything!" I supported Gary to my room. My maid came over and helped cleaned his wound. For once, my maid was silent about the matter and only told Gary to apply ointment regularly. 

"Gary... what did my dad ask of you?" I asked him. 

He placed his hand on my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into his hand, feeling his warmth. 

"We cannot see each other in JGS anymore. We can't sit together. We can't talk to each other. We cannot even do the project together anymore. Luckily we completed the project today!" He smiled and looking into his eyes, I saw tears at the back of his eyes. 

"Gary... don't do this please..." I begged him, crying into his hand.

"I made a promise. A man never goes against his promise and I have to protect you. I can't let anything happen to you!" He told me. 

"When will I get to be with you again?" I asked him, full of need and desperation. 

"The next time we will stand by each other will be on our performance of our song. It is the last day of school, of our graduation year. After this year, we will have graduated and maybe we can be together then. The next time will be last day of school. Remember! I will always be there for you!" He told me as a tear rolled down his face. 

"Gary!" He got up. He leaned in and kissed me on my forehead. He then limped down to the main floor and left the house. Standing by my window, all I could do was watch him limp out of my estate and cry. That night, I remember crying the most for the first time in my life.... This literally left a scar for me.