Request

Just One More Day..

It was just an ordinary morning. The sun was bright. The wind was blowing. The temperature was warm. Yoongi ate his breakfast on his bed. He had become weaker and weaker each day. Jin grew tired of seeing his best friend, Yoongi like this. He wished he can do something to cure Yoongi but he can’t. He sighed.

“How long you’re going to stand there? Come in already,” Yoongi said as he noticed Jin who has been standing on the front door.

“How are you feeling Yoongi?” Jin asked with a frown. He sat on Yoongi’s bed and looked at him.

“Weak..” Yoongi answered as he swallowed the food inside his mouth. He faced his best friend who had a frown on his face. “Hey, don’t look at me like that!”

“I wish I could do something Yoongi..” Jin sighed, still frowning.

“Hey, you've already done enough for me, Jin,” Yoongi tried to cheer his friend but failed miserably.

“But still..” he muttered.

“I’ll heal! Don’t worry!” It was a lie. Yoongi knew that. But he has to lie if he wanted his best friend to stop worrying.

 

--

Coughing really hard was one of his usual thing nowadays. It hurt Yoongi’s throat badly. He was sick of being sick. Each day, Yoongi became weaker and weaker. He became a fragile person. If Jin wasn’t there, he knew he won’t survive till today. Yoongi kept coughing and coughing. He heard Jin outside of the bathroom, probably worrying about him. He felt something from his mouth. He looked at his hand. Blood.

“Yoongi, please open the door,” Jin said. He had the worried tone in his voice.

“Give me a minute Jin,” Yoongi replied. He hurriedly cleaned the sink from the blood. He didn’t want to make Jin any more worried than this. After he finished cleaning up the red substances, he opened the door. ”Sorry to keep you waiting."

“are you okay?” Jin frowned when he saw his friend, who was still trying on pretending to be okay. He failed miserably.

“Don’t worry…” Yoongi paused. All of the sudden, he felt  his body became heavier. Things became blurry in his eyes. He heard Jin started to shout his name. But he couldn’t hear it clearly. Everything has slowly became black.

Yoongi had fainted.

--

Yoongi opened his eyes. At first everything was blurry but he kept blinking until his vision became clear. He realized he wasn’t at his home anymore. He was at the hospital bed now. The hospital-like scent, the stench of disinfectant and medicine was strong on his nose and Yoongi hated it. He hated hospital. He looked to his right side. He saw two figures talking. He didn’t knew who they were because there were a white curtain separating him and the figures.

“How is Yoongi, Dr.Kim?” Yoongi recognized the voice. Jin was the owner of the voice.

“Pretty bad, he is infected by TBC virus. The virus is really strong now, I doubt he will survive for more that 48 hours,” the other said. Yoongi assumed it was Dr.Kim's voice. Was it true? He won’t survive for more than 48 hours? Will he die?

“R-really? Can’t you do anything Dr.Kim? can’t you heal him?” Jin said with a shaky voice. He felt like crying now. He is supposed to lose his best friend in 48 hours now.

“I’m afraid I can’t, I’m sorry,” he heard Dr.Kim sighing.

“I see…” Jin looked down at the floor. He was sad. He couldn’t do anything right now. How could he talk to Yoongi about it?

“You can try to make his last 48 hour a lot more memorable,” Dr.Kim suggested and with that he left the room, leaving Jin in silence.

‘But how?’ Jin thought. He slowly walked to the bed where Yoongi laid down. He opened the curtain to see that Yoongi was awake. “How long you’ve been awake?”

“Not so long..” Yoongi muttered. “hey Jin..”

“Yeah?”

“Am I really going to died in 48 hours?”

“Ah, you heard then?” Jin asked making sure he heard correctly. Yoongi nodded weakly. Jin wasn’t sure how to answer the younger man's question. He was confused too. “I don’t know Yoongi, but all I can do is make your last 48 hours memorable. For you.”

--

That night Jin was on the phone. Yoongi doesn’t know who it was. He didn’t really care either. He kept staring outside through the windows. He loved the view of Seoul at the night. It was beautiful. Yoongi will miss the view if he is really going to leave the world forever. He felt his cheek getting wet now. Did he cry? Yes, he did. How will people react when he was gone? Will they become sad? Or will they live happier without him?

“Yoongi, Hoseok will leave Korea soon, and he wants to speak with you,” Jin voice brought him back to reality. He looked at the other man with the look saying ‘what-did-you-just-say?’.

“Hoseok will leave Korea soon, and he wants to speak with you,” he repeated, handing his phone to Yoongi. Yoongi couldn’t believe what Jin said. His shaky hand took the phone from Jin immediately.

“T-this is Yoongi speaking..” Yoongi said weakly.

“Hey, hyung..” The other side greeted.

“Hey, it’s been awhile Hoseok..” Yoongi couldn’t help but smile. He missed the voice owner so much. He never heard from him since the time they broke up.

“It certainly is, hyung,” the other chuckled. “I heard you’re sick, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m a little better now, so what’s up? Jin said you wanted to speak with me” Yoongi said, pointing it out.

“Oh yeah, I forgot,” the other paused. “I wanted to tell you that I’m going to leave Korea soon”

“Ah really?” Yoongi could feel his voice cracked. He felt sad somehow.

“Yeah, I just got scholarship to go to college in Japan, hyung, I wouldn’t miss the chance,” the other explained.

“ahh, congratulation then Hoseok” Yoongi tried to sound happy.

“thanks hyung” Yoongi could feel the other smiled at him. He wished he can see that smile.

“Hoseok?” Yoongi called.

“yeah?”

“I have a request..”

“what is it hyung?”

“can you stay on Korea just one more day?”

 

--

 

cliffhanger~

sorry guys