01/01

Lullaby, goodnight

Lullaby, goodnight.

 

Henry moved in bed restlessly, slowly waking up as an explosion of lights came from the living room. His eyes trembled, fighting the thin line between dream and reality. As he kept on rolling in bed, his mind made sure to wake him up enough before he could turn around and go back to sleep. The dark-haired boy grumbled with half closed eyes, trying to stand up without thinking.

He yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes. Getting out of bed, he ignored completely the cold ground and made his best impersonation of a walking dead when he went to the source of the light.

With the eyes partially closed, the boy was welcomed by an apologizing smile from a blond boy.

Henry yawned once again and took his time to throw himself on the couch.

“Minki…?” he asked with a husky voice that made the other shivered. “What… hum, happened?”

The dark-haired boy put his head in his boyfriend’s lap. He watched halfheartedly as the latter shook his head.

“I just can’t sleep, sorry for waking you up,”

Henry nodded slightly, barely keeping his eyes open. He felt much more relaxed with his boyfriend than any other place; it just felt right for him to stay there with him. As his mind fought bravely the sleepiness heaving his eyelids, he found strength gaze at his lover. He wanted to see the beautiful face of his boyfriend against the strong light.

“Why?” he mumbled.

It took a single second for Minki’s cheeks to blush slightly, something that Henry’s sleepy eyes couldn’t notice.

“I kind of… l-lost my teddy bear…”

Henry didn’t notice the blush on his boyfriend’s cheeks deepen; his eyes were slow to adapt to the bright light, even if he wasn’t properly looking right into it. All the yawns and teardrops seemed endless. Nevertheless, it didn’t stop the dark-haired boy from giggling at the cute ashamed tone Minki used.

“The one I gave you last Christmas?”

“Yeah…”

Henry smiled kindly at his boyfriend. He straightened himself on the couch before the sleepiness made him seek support on Minki’s shoulder, which made him close his eyes.

“I’ll be your teddy bear, then,” he whispered quietly, “Call me teddy Henry.”

If the dark-haired boy were still awake, he could have appreciated the slight laugh from his beautiful boyfriend. However, he was already fast asleep.

           

 

It took a while until Henry woke fully up again. This time, the blame was on the tiny ray of light coming from the not properly closed curtains. He didn’t recognize where he was, but as he felt Minki humming a lullaby and patting his head, he remembered.

He yawned and purred happily.

“Get back to sleep,” Minki hummed in a husky tone.

The dark-haired boy shook his head sleepily. He stood up straight next to his boyfriend, his back immediately cracking. He grimaced slightly, earning a chuckle from his boyfriend.

“Did you sleep?”

“Only a few minutes, actually,”

Their eyes met and, for some time, they stayed still, gazing and contemplating what was right in front of each other. Henry felt blessed because he had Minki with him; his life could have been much more dangerous if the blond weren’t always there for him.

“Do you want me to sing for you?” he asked lovingly.

Minki nodded, allowing Henry to be patted this time. The other boy brought him closer, kissing his forehead.

“I’d love to,” the blond answered, resting his head on his lover’s chest.

Henry smiled once again before singing the first song that popped in his mind.

 

Lullaby and goodnight,

with roses and bedight,

With lilies o’er spread

Is baby’s wee bed

Lay thee down now and rest,

may this slumber be blessed.

 

That was one of the few moment in the past month they could fully spend with each without anyone interrupting them. It felt good to be just the two of them again. Outside, a busy city began to wake up.

 

Lullaby and goodnight,

Thy lover’s delight,

Bright angels beside

My darling abide.

They will guard thee at rest,

Thou shalt wake on my .

 

“Next time…” Minki mumbled with closed eyes. “Can you play for me?”

Henry kissed his boyfriend and smiled.

“Anything you want,”

The dark-haired boy watched as the blond slowly went to dreamland peacefully. He certainly had missed the feeling of having his lover in his arms. Without all the stress from his work, Minki looked like an angel.

He hoped times like that happened more often in the future.

I love you.

“I love you too.”

 


 

This is kind of a really, really, really... distinctive pairing, but, hey, it kind of still works, right? In my mind, it did work.

If you liked it, please subscribe, tell your friends and comment. Your feedback is really important!

Have a cute Henry all for yourself~

tumblr_lmanhfHHhc1qggoto.gif