Little Miss Fairy

Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol stare into the bemused face of Byun Baekhyun, whose pupil dilated by the sudden announcement. His ivory orbs searched for words to convey whatever he had in his mind.

“H-Hyemi? You mean… your daughter?” Baekhyun stuttered. Chanyeol smiled as a respond and that made Baekhyun creases his brows. “Why?”

“I thought you’ll be able to take care of her.” Baekhyun eyes widened and Chanyeol continued before the owner begin to protest. “It’s only for a couple of hours. I can’t bring her to work. Plus, you’re always here. So, I should ask for help. A friend in need, does that ring a bell?”

“Mr. Park. I have no basic in… parenting or any of that sorts.”

Chanyeol lean down, elbows propped on his thighs while both knuckles hold his chin. His fingers intertwined as Chanyeol gave Baekhyun another reassuring smile. “It’s easy, Mr. Byun.” He started.

“If she’s hungry, feed her. If she’s crying, feed her. If she’s mad, feed her.” Baekhyun opened his mouth, in attempt to protest again but the therapist hold out a finger. “If she’s bored, don’t feed her. Play with her. She’s friendly.”

Baekhyun tilt his head. “You make it sound very simple, Chanyeol.”

“I don’t want to freak you out.” Chanyeol chuckled, unable to contain Baekhyun’s bewildered expression. “Besides, you need a little company. I’m helping you, too.”

Baekhyun’s face eases. “You look happy.”

“I am.” Chanyeol grinned, revealing his perfect set of teeth. “And I want you to be happy too, Baekhyun.”

“Do I look… sad to you?”

“No. Of course not.” The therapist shakes his head. “Let’s just take this in a simple manner, Baekhyun. Besides, what could go wrong with taking care of a little girl? She’s an angel.”

And so he said, his little ‘angel’. Baekhyun cringe by Chanyeol’s emphasis on his beloved daughter. It is not that Baekhyun is unwilling to approach openly to kids. Surely he’ll managed. But this is different. His previous encounter with a human being involves troubled clients who wanted nothing more but memories wept off their brains.

However, Hyemi, a clueless tiny girl is a whole new case for Baekhyun to encounter. And what’s more nerve wrecking than to see her all cuddled up to Chanyeol on a dark Thursday morning. Before Chanyeol ring the doorbell, Baekhyun was there first to open the large double door.

Nervously, he greets. “Hi. Good morning, Mr. Park.”

“Good morning to you too, Mr. Byun.” Chanyeol gave him a lope sided smile. “If you’ll excuse me, can you hold her? I have to grab her things from the car.”

“S-Sure.”

Reluctantly at first, Hyemi clutched on Chanyeol white shirt. The father muttered softly and her grip loosened. Batting her long eyelashes which surrounds her large brown orbs, an adorable pout masked her tiny pink lips as she studied Byun Baekhyun’s nervous face.

Baekhyun bend down so his eyes are levelled with the little angel. Forcing a smile, he said, “Hi Hyemi. I’m Baekhyun, daddy’s friend.”

“Mom…mommy.” She said softly before she cuddled back to Chanyeol, hiding her face on his shoulder. Baekhyun straightened his body, feeling a little dejected.

“Don’t worry, she’s shy. She’s always shy around pretty people.”

“You think I’m pretty?” Baekhyun flushes. Chanyeol laughed softly before he hold Hyemi towards Baekhyun.

Hesitantly and carefully, Baekhyun hold her in his arms. She didn’t fight back, though that’s what bothering Baekhyun. Hyemi rests her small hands on Baekhyun’s chest, head tilt back to see Baekhyun closer. After a moment, she smiled shyly and hides her face with her hand.

Baekhyun heart leaped. He never thought Hyemi be this adorable. All he could remember is Chanyeol ranting about her wild side back in the lake. Suddenly, Hyemi nuzzles against his shirt and Baekhyun feels warm despite the cold morning.

Chanyeol returned with two bags. A baggage strolled on the concrete path while another small pink backpack hang loosely on his shoulder. Baekhyun walk into the house, holding Hyemi in place. Chanyeol followed suit.

Two maids reach for the bags, smiling sheepishly as they glance at Chanyeol. Their smiles turn more evident as their eyes laid on Baekhyun and a girl. Baekhyun raises an eyebrow and they immediately scurried upstairs.

“I think she’s asleep.” Baekhyun said as they sat on the couch, Chanyeol right beside him.

“Let me hold her.”

Baekhyun lean back and she was staring at him, eyes wide and naïve. One of her thumb found its way into and she bit it. “She’s biting herself, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol lean closer and take her into his lap. He turned her so they are face to each other. “Hyemi is growing another teeth, aren’t you? You’re growing too fast!”

She pulled out her thumbs, opening wide to reveal her teeth. “Hyemi’s teeth!”

“Yes, angel. And daddy is happy for you.” Chanyeol chimed, pinching his daughter’s cheek gently. He turned to Baekhyun, whose smiling ear to ear. “Someone’s in a good mood.” He winked.

“She’s adorable, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiled and return his attention to Hyemi. She was yawning, probably from lack of sleep. Baekhyun shrugged. He barely sleep, all thanks to the anxiety of the arrival of little miss angel here.

“Hyemi, daddy will be back soon. Listen to Baekhyun, okay?”

Hyemi’s face drops, as if understanding that her father will be gone and left her with a stranger. Chanyeol stand up, still holding her in his arms. Taking the signal that Chanyeol needed to get back to work, Baekhyun stands and ready to take her back in his arms.

Expectantly, Hyemi was thrashing her body, reluctant to let her daddy go. She was all red and teary when she’s safely on Baekhyun’s hold. Baekhyun pat her gently on her back, and Hyemi tried to stifle her cries.

Chanyeol looked heartbroken. He bend down and kisses her forehead, slow and taking the moment. “Be safe, little angel” he whispered.

Hyemi whimpered before she hold out her hand. Chanyeol take it as her way to kiss him back. And she did. She gave him a chaste kiss on his cheek and returned back to cuddle on Baekhyun’s shirt.

Baekhyun sauntered out of the living room, leading Chanyeol into the foyer. A maid was there, dusting the dustless sparkling clean window and stopped, opening the door for them both.

Chanyeol gave them a last look before he returned into his red Chevy.

“Have a good day, Mr. Park. I’ll take care of her.” Baekhyun waved and Chanyeol smiled faintly as he’s ready to take off and drive out of the place. Hyemi was quite, nuzzling on Baekhyun’s chest calmly.

“Hey, heard that Hyemi’s staying with you.”

Jongdae said between his chews. He and Chanyeol were having lunch together in a small diner just across the office building. Chanyeol rolled his eyes upon the news.

“I’m not surprised that Minjoo is telling you.”

“Yeah, she did. And I am aware that she paid you a visit. So how was it?”

“Signed the paper. I am officially a divorcee now.”

Jongdae lean back, mouth twist into confusion. “You okay, Yeol?”

Chanyeol sighed before he picked on his hamburger. With a big bite, he ate silently. He glance out of the wide window, watching at passerby and vehicles. Jongdae looked at him sympathetically.

“Hey, there’s nothing you could do. At least Hyemi’s with you. Where is she, by the way?”

The therapist grab a tissue and dab it on his mouth. “Byun’s.”

“Something going on with you two?” Jongdae said coolly, though he’s piped with curiosity. “You’ve been paying him a visit more often than a client would.”

“We’re just friends.” Chanyeol replied curtly. His hands grasp on his wallet before Jongdae held his wrist. “I can pay this on my own.”

“Not with the divorce fine, Chanyeol. It’s on me, buddy.” With a grin, Jongdae stands and make his way towards the cashier. Chanyeol watched disapprovingly. This is Jongdae’s way of comforting his own best friend.

 

It’s almost five in the afternoon when Chanyeol pulled up his car into the Byun’s manor. He walked towards the front entrance, knocking and ringing the doorbell. And as always, no sign of Baekhyun to open the door. Routinely, Chanyeol walk over the house and went into the backyard.

He was more than pleased to see the sight before him. Hyemi was running around the field of flowers, giggling as she tried to catch colorful butterflies. Baekhyun was fully absorb in amusement, watching the little girl circling around him to even notice the presence of the taller auburn haired male.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Byun.”

Baekhyun turned and part his lips, flashing a welcoming smile. “Afternoon to you too, Mr. Park. How’s your day? Good?”

“Just the usual.” Chanyeol take a seat next to Baekhyun, cross-legged. “New client coming in, troubled family background, I’d say. He didn’t talk much, which is hard to assess him. I’m glad Kyungsoo asked him to come.”

“Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun’s attention diverted to Chanyeol. Hyemi was giggling and jumped on Baekhyun’s back, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Hyemi, that tickles!”

“She’s fond of you.”

“She called me mommy, Chanyeol. Is that her way of affection?”

Chanyeol laughed when Hyemi was pulling on Baekhyun, causing the brunette to lay back on the grass. Hyemi, being hyper and giggly, cradled Baekhyun’s head and pulling on his hair. Baekhyun was screaming from her intense wrestles.

“That’s enough, Hyemi.” Chanyeol patted his daughter lightly on her arm, scoop her up and let her on his lap. “Baekhyun, I’m so sorry. She’s very playful.”

“But I like her playfulness.” Baekhyun gushed. He now rolled so that he laid on his stomach, chin held by his hands. “She’s carefree and I can see her love of nature. I see… me. Back when I was a child, that is.”

“What happen to little Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter