Red Monday

Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday morning. How should Baekhyun react to this very day? Monday usually didn’t concern him that much, considering he didn’t even care what day of the week it is. But today, it is out of his daily basis routine, which is basically waking up in the afternoon then enjoy the daylight in his fields of flowers. Not that he have anything interesting to do except waiting for sunsets. Sunset reminds him that another day has passed.

This particular Monday, however, with two guests staying for a night, made him snapped off his empty dreams and forced to wake up early in the morning as the sound of screaming was heard from the front lawn. He ran off immediately downstairs, feeling dazed as he only slept for three hours. He noted the pain from his left wrist is acting up again, feeling blood started to ooze out of his skin. He needed another healing session and that will have to wait until his guest is out of his place. Pronto.

He finally set his foot on the lobby, slightly shuddered by the cold marble tiles that iced his toes. He dragged his feet to the front door, squinting his eyes as he open the front door and lights flashing the dim lobby. The sound of screaming, as well as curses, turn louder as he peek out of the door. Oh god what the hell is wrong with this auburn haired male?

“NO! NOT MY BABY KUMA!!”

A deep voice of the therapist filled the cold morning as the view before him were the cause of his frantic behavior. Kuma, his red Chevy, was beaten to pulp. Chanyeol named his car Kuma due to his obsession with a doll called Rilakuma. There were no reasons as to why he fancy the doll though, he finds it adorable. Above the smashed metallic red is a large tree, large enough to squish it like an ant when a finger trace on it.

It occurred to both of them that hurricane done more damage than they expected as Chanyeol not only have to fix a dead engine, but a scrunched metal piece of his baby Kuma on the front lawn of Byun Baekhyun means another fixing is needed on the list. As much as the taller concern for his car, the owner dash out of the lawn and watched his precious trees collapsing against the red vehicle.

Within the distance is Mr. Kim, who made a call and his back facing the shocked owner. While the taller were mourning, Jongdae tried his best to call the nearest and available work shop. His voice sound stern and worried. He whipped back as he heard sound of footsteps approaching.

“Oh Mr. Byun!” he bowed then back to answer the person behind the line. He ruffled his hair, almost losing his temper as the said car repair services is not available at the moment.

Baekhyun blankly gazed at the scenario, having no idea as to how to deal with the situation. He kept silent, as if respecting a funeral event of Chanyeol’s ‘Kuma’.

“Now how am I supposed to go home?” the taller kicked the tree branches of his Kuma, he cringe slightly as the wooden splinters partially scratch his legs. “So much for Monday…” he complained again.

“I can ask the driver to send both of you home.” Baekhyun finally said, earning attention from the two male. Chanyeol eyes glare straight on him while Jongdae avoid looking, glancing at other parts of his face except his ivory orbs. “Don’t worry about your car, Mr. Park. I’ll ask one of my employees to pick up your red Chevy and repair it free of charge.”

Hearing the words from the owner, the therapist widened his eyes. He hold out his hand, shaking it hard in a way to refuse the offer. “N-No, that’s okay. J-Jongdae called for help so–“

“My tree cause harm to your ‘Kuma’. This is the least I can offer, Mr. Park.” The owner flashed a smile. Pearly white causes it to shine brighter than the morning sun. The taller blushes then lowered his head, trying to hide his flushed cheeks.

Mr. Kim poked the taller by the ribs and said, “We have to rush to the office. I have client appointment by 9am sharp.”

“Can I have a day off? My baby needs me, you see.” The therapist pointed his pitiful looking Chevy. His lips turned into a wide grin but that was long gone as the boss mouthed a stern ‘no’. He pouted and sulk in his own world, following them back into the manor.

 

Baekhyun excused himself as he make few calls to his employees. They obediently nod and sit beside each other on the red three seated sofa. Jongdae was immersed in his phone, sighing a bit as he watched the time ticks by. Chanyeol, on the other hand, lean back and arms open with the other on the armrest and another resting on his best friend’s shoulder. Jongdae only shrugged as the taller gave it a squeeze, teasing him to calm down — which in fact Chanyeol is the one who’s screaming inside.

“One of my chauffeur will be here in five minutes.” Baekhyun said and Jongdae’s worried face vanished. The owner sit on a cream single couch with two glasses on each hand, orange-colored liquid filling almost at the brim. He placed it on the table and ushered his guests to take a drink before they went off to work.

“I’m sorry this is the only thing I could offer at the moment. The maids are running late again, I believe.” He chuckled lightly.

Baekhyun took out a small bottle from his pocket. He open the lid and his fingers extract a pill. “You must be having a major headache, Mr. Kim.”

Jongdae gratefully accept the medicine and swallow it dry, not even bother to chug on the drink. The headache is pounding hard on his brain that he wished he could skip work but that would not be good for his business.

Chanyeol gulped on the cold orange juice, feeling more refreshed by the pulpy fruit thickened into a drink. The taller is not a fan of fruit or anything related to it. But the drink kindly offered by the owner quenched his thirst greatly. In fact, that was the greatest meal he had ever since the cold divorce. Chanyeol missed the times when cold is a great feeling, rather than a hurtful one. His daily breakfast as a soon-to-be-bachelor divorcee is only a piece of bread and a cheap coffee he could get on his way to work.

“Oh Mr. Park.” Chanyeol tilt his head and look at the owner. “Your car will be fixed and ready by next Monday.”

The taller immediately jumped off his seat and grabbed the smaller’s hands. He thanked the latter multiple times, his hands gripping tightly. Jongdae chuckled then back to his phone, avoiding the ivory orbs looking at him immediately. Baekhyun felt the gigantic hands touching his skin and he couldn’t stop from staring at the therapist’s doe eyes. In a flash, he was taken into Park Chanyeol’s mind.

What he sees bring him back into the taller’s memories. It was like a time machine, except he have none. His soul were carried into the past of his guest. Flashes of moving images run on his mind. The owner are in the moment of when the auburn haired male was five, the sound of giggling from what Baekhyun assumed the latter’s parents. The boy clapped his hand in excitement and his few missing tooth appeared from the wide grin.

“Kuma!” a squeaky voice coming from the five year old exclaimed. He clung onto a huge bear doll and snuggle it tight like they were cotton candy that never loses its fluffiness. That was the best gift he ever receive from his parents. Something tells Baekhyun that the memory of Mr. Park in his early days are screaming innocence and pure naïve.

Then it jumped to his teen years, where Chanyeol deal with a hard life. Given his tall figure, boys of his age cast him aside. The owner bit his lips as Chanyeol shut himself off society and become the silent nerd. He watched the therapist auburn hair swept in a smart way that makes him surprisingly vulnerable towards the bullies. Despite that, taken the advantage of his height, Park Chanyeol is able to protect himself and retorted to kick off the short legged delinquent. Baekhyun smiled faintly. How can this awkward looking tall boy can surprise him in weird ways?

The grey brownish haired male fluttered his eyes close. He pressed both his hands against his chest. Somehow, somewhere along the fast beating of his heart that kept hammering with no reasons, Baekhyun felt a warm sensation. Is this the feeling of walking in someone’s memory lane? No, this is different. Park Chanyeol is giving him a different vibe.

“Mr. Byun? Are you okay?” a deep voice cut off the vision and Baekhyun snapped back to reality. He didn’t noticed that he was sweating and looking at the latter’s memories without permission. “Oh my god!”

The therapist eyes looked down. His eyes scanned the left wrist of the owner, who now bled from the exposed cut. Baekhyun panicked and tried to hide his wound using his uninjured hand, only to be pried off from the taller. Once again, Baekhyun was forced into Chanyeol’s memories. The tight grip full with urgency causes another flashback, but this is different. It is not from the past, Baekhyun knew very well because the state of the therapist is a lot older.

Baekhyun gaped by the image, all due to two reasons. He gasps as the pain increases as much as he look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter