Chapter 3

Turtle

  “Oh Sehun,” I whispered, looking at him, taking in every feature of his face. His pale skin, his playful yet vulnerable dark eyes, his regal nose, his small pink lips, and the light brown hair that dusted his forehead. Finally, I see him. I realized how good looking he was. His dark eyes stared into mine, but I looked away afraid of letting my walls down. 

     “What were you doing on the street? Were you trying to get yourself killed?” he asked half seriously, half jokingly. 

    “You shouldn’t talk about death in such a light way,” my voice quivered as I thought about Lily. I stared at the street, in shock that I was a moment away from life or death. 

    “I’m sorry,” his dark serious eyes that seemed to hold deep sorrow caught mine, “Where’s your house? I’ll walk you home.”

“It’s close to here, it’s across the huge park,” I replied, shivering now that we weren’t hugging anymore. 

  He noticed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “I hope you don’t mind the sudden skinship from a person you don’t know,” he said with a small smile. 

   I stiffly nodded, “It’s fine.”

   “So, what’s your name?” he said as he led me with his warm arms.

    “Sora, but people call me Turtle.” I said.

    “Turtle?” he asked, his small smile growing into a big one.

     “It’s cause I like to take things slowly. And I’m pretty introverted I guess. I don’t like coming of out of my comfort zone and facing the world,” I said, surprised at myself for sharing so much with someone I didn’t know. I wanted to close up, but something about him made me feel open. 

     “Really? It didn’t look like it when you were dancing,” he said, “I enjoyed the duet with you.”

      “Well.. dance is different,” I said, suddenly embarrassed and I looked down at the ground.

       “I know what you mean,” he nods, his eyes lighting up, “Dance was my escape to everything.”

       I looked up questioningly, but we reached my apartment. I cleared my voice “Um.. well thanks for saving my life and walking me home.”

      “Your welcome,” he said and like that, he was gone.

 

       The next day, I woke up early and got ready for work. “Ready?” Jongin asked. He came to my apartment to pick me up. 

       “Yup.”

       “Hey, you know the new guy from our dance class? I almost got into a car accident, but he saved me and he walked me home.” I said.

       "You almost got into an accident?! I knew I should have walked you home!” he spewed. "Wait- Oh Sehun?"

       “What? How do you know him?” I asked surprised. 

       “Stay away from him. I knew him in high school and well.. just stay away from him.” 

        “What? Why?” 

         “Just stay away from him!” Jongin bursted out. I stared at him. Jongin never yells at me, unless we’re playing a game.

         “I’m sorry,” he said, his expression softening, “It’s just.. I don’t want you to get hurt. I know Oh Sehun and well.. he’s bad news. Just stay away from him.” What made Jongin act this way? Sehun seemed like a nice person. And he’s the first stranger who made me come out of my shell. 

         The rest of the way to the boba shop, we were silent. My mind was so full of thoughts on Sehun. Why is he a bad person? What did he do? 

      “After you,” Jongin said, holding the door for me. I sighed, Good thing he’s not mad at me. We opened up the shop and business was pretty slow for the first hour. We joked around and hung out, but after an hour, the place started getting crowded fast.          

      “Thanks to you, all these girl fans are buying boba,” I said. The shop was crowded with girls all wanting to talk to Jongin and watch him work.

      “I know, look at my popularity. I already got 10 numbers from them,” he said arrogantly.

      “Huh. I guess they’re all blind,” I said teasingly, sticking my tongue out. Even more customers started crowding in, most from the park wanting to get a refreshing drink. It was hard enough for the two of us, but work increased and we were literally running all over the place. 

    I rushed to get more cups in the storage room across the shop. I ran, dodging through people, but someone had accidentally spilled tea on the ground.  

   “Aah!,” I screamed. I slipped on the ice and I was about to fall when someone caught me by the waist. 

 

    “Sehun?”

     “Why do you always get yourself in trouble? Now, I always have to save you,” he smiled. When he wasn't smiling, he looked cold and distant, but as soon as he did, he looked so genuine and happy.

     I suddenly realized that his face was literally inches away from mine. I blushed at the sudden contact and looked away.

      “Ahem,” Jongin cleared his throat and we both jumped apart. “Sora, I think you should get back to work, now.” he said glaring at Sehun.
      “Oh right I should. Well.. thanks for saving me again,” I said to Sehun. He just smiled and asked Jongin, “Can I order a boba?” Jongin huffed, but he didn’t say anything. He just glared at him and took his order.

       What was that? It was like a k-drama scene. Seriously, everything went in slow motion and I really thought I was going to fall, but all of a sudden, Sehun saved me, again. Who is he? Is he all that bad as Jongin says he is? How did he happen to be there, at the right moment? Was it coincidence or fate?        

       I grabbed more cups and looked around for Sehun, but he was nowhere to be found. He disappeared, again. I sighed, feeling a little disappointed. Wait, why am I disappointed? I just met him, I don’t even know who he really is. I shook my head, I shouldn’t get too attached with someone I just met. What if I go back to the person I was in the past? 

       After working for a busy 7 hours, Jongin and I closed the shop and we sat on the outdoor tables. “Man, we had a busy day today.” Jongin said.

       “Yup, I think I just had my weekly exercise from running all over the place,” I said. I suddenly remembered Sehun saving me and I smiled slightly. 

      “But why did Oh Sehun have to come to our shop? I told you to stay away from him.” Jongin kicked the ground.

       “I know, but he saved me, again. It’s kind of weird how he came at the right time. It was almost like.. fate.”

        “Oh gosh, Turtle. Don’t get into your romantic dreamy phase. I’m sure of it, it’s not fate.”

         “How do you know?” I said stubbornly.

         “I just do.” and that was the end of our talk about Oh Sehun.

 

 

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

   -Philippians 4:19

 


Hello everyone! I hope that you are enjoying my story. Please feel free to leave comments. I would love feedback since this is one of my first stories. Thank you!