Him?! Never!

Those With Power

"That arrogant !"

The empty locker room resounded with the loud bang of Saya's foot connecting with one of the metal locker doors, leaving behind a sizable dent. 

"I mean, who the hell does he think he is?!  Just walking up like that and picking a fight!"

Flames up her hands, coiling and flickering in the heated air around her.  The fact that this was one of the few rooms in the school without cameras allowed for Saya to let loose, releasing her pent up frustration. 
 

The air around her sizzled from the extreme heat that was rolling off her in waves.  A person could've easily gotten third degree burns from simply standing next to her at this point.

"That pompous little..."

An image of Lu Han smirking flashed in her head. 

"Ughh!"

She punched one of the locker doors, flames fanning out from where her fist connected with the metal surface. It instantly gave way from the force of the hit and the heat from the fire. 
She was damaging school property, and she knew she could get in serious trouble, but at this point logic had taken a backseat to anger and she could really care less. 
 

"I just want to hit him once.  One solid punch, right to his pretty little face."

Her mental image of Lu Han smirked again, radiating an air of superiority. 

"Maybe two punches."

Imaginary Lu Han laughed and ran a hand through his hair in a way that was indescribably y. 
 

Saya widened her eyes and shook her head, trying not to blush and to clear the thought from her head.

No, no, NO! Bad thoughts!  Go away!
 

"You know what, I don't think I'll feel better unless I beat him up."

Saya nodded to herself, happy with her never-gonna-happen plan.  She knew full well that she wouldn't even get to scratch him -- she didn't want to become public enemy number one in the eyes of the female population at school after all. 

She sighed, harshly running her hand through her hair. 
 

"So not fair," she mumbled, finally cooling off from her temper tantrum.  “How does someone like him end up with so many rabid fangirls?!”

Actually…I think I can guess how.

 

She ruffled her hair again.

“What did I do to deserve this?” she whined.

 

Even though she asked, she knew what she had done.  She had talked back to someone even though she had promised her dad she would try to lay low.  It had taken her all of five minutes to draw a disproportionate amount of attention to herself, especially, as it would seem, in the form of cute guys.

 

She sighed.

The boys, with an exception of a certain person, were sweet.  They had chosen to talk to her because she had a backbone, and they had gone out of their way to make her feel welcome on her first day. 

 

Saya sighed again, I guess they’re friendship is worth dealing with crazy girls for.

 

 

She stretched her arms, feeling considerably better after releasing some of her bottled up frustration, now looking forward to her next class.

 

“Time to head out,” she smiled to herself.

 

After all, P.E. is going to start soon.

 

Her smile widened as she left the locker room with a small skip in her step.

 

Wouldn’t want to be late to my favorite class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Twenty bucks says that she’s gonna punch him the next time he tries to mess with her,” Kris smirked.

 

“Hah! Forty says she’ll take advantage of today’s lesson to completely show him up,” Minseok said with a mischievous smile, shaking Kris’ hand to seal the bet.

 

 

Lu Han groaned from where he was laying on the bleachers a few feet away.  He readjusted his position so that he could shoot his two friends a glare.

“It’s not funny.”

 

“You’re right,” Kris said, his smirk becoming a full blown smile, “It’s hilarious.”

 

Minseok laughed.  “The best part is that he wasn’t even going over there to in the first place.  It just happened.  But now his precious pride isn’t going to let him apologize.”

 

Lu Han groaned again and let his head drop down and touch the cool metal beneath him. 

His face and ears were likely red from embarrassment, and the worst part is that he couldn’t refute anything Minseok had said.

He really hadn’t been going over to tease the girl, let alone pick a fight with her. 

He had found her cute, but that was why he was going over to say hi.  When he saw her staring, blatantly looking over his features though, his mouth ended up moving before his brain could even process what it was saying.

 

“Ughh,” he groaned, “I’m so stupid.”

 

“Yes, yes you are,” a new voice chimed in.

 

“Hey Yixing,” Kris said, moving to make space so that their friend could sit.

 

“I figured one day your flirting would backfire on you,” the boy continued, finishing his statement with a cute dimpled smile.

 

Minseok laughed again.  “I don’t think ‘backfire’ really describes this situation.  It’s more like karma coming to finally bite him in the .”

 

“If only you had heard her yelling from the locker room.  I’m pretty sure she broke something in there,” Kris added, joining Minseok in his teasing.  “She sounded like she wanted to kill him.”

 

“Hmm, I’d be careful if I were you, Lu Han,” Yixing said, his tone serious but a teasing light glowing in his eyes.  “She sounds like a real monster.”

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes at his friend.

 

“Oh, you can judge for yourself Yixing, she just walked in,” Minseok said, drawing the attention of the other three males to the small figure that had just walked in to the gym.

 

Kris let out a low whistle in appreciation.  “Those shorts definitely do her justice.”

 

“Wow, she IS cute.  No wonder you have your sights set on her,” Yixing paused, “And that also explains why Taeyeon was ranting about her all morning.  She has competition now.”

 

Minseok nodded in agreement while Lu Han didn’t say anything.  He just watched with a hint of annoyance as Saya made her way over to where Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were sitting, waiting for the rest of their friends to come out and join them.

He unconsciously pouted, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw Baekhyun throw an arm over her shoulder, leaning in far too close for someone who had just met her also.

 

Why does he get to do that but I get snapped at just for talking to her?

 

Lu Han let out an exasperated sigh and put his head down again.  Hoping the cool surface would clear his head before the class started.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Saya had found out that she had P.E with the guys she couldn’t help but wonder if this was all just some coincidence, or if fate was playing a hand in her life.

She was happy though.  It was nice having a class with them, especially since some of them were upperclassmen and she wouldn't be able to share a class otherwise.

 

 

“So, how does P.E. work here?” Saya asked Kyungsoo, who was watching his friends hit each other with a disapproving frown.

 

“Well,” he started, shaking his head when Baekhyun made a loud yelp and yelled at Chanyeol for hitting him too hard.  “Basically which period you're in depends on if you’re part of a sports team or not, or if you're part of something that requires you to be fit.”

 

"Really?  Why?"

 

Kyungsoo shrugged.  "The school wants their students to win in their fields so that they have more stuff to brag about I guess."

 

“Huh, I see...,” Saya said.  She was observing Kyungsoo, trying to figure out whether he was a sports kid or if he fell into the other category.

 

Noticing her silence, Kyungsoo looked over to catch her staring.  He smiled when he saw her eyes widen and her cheeks turn a light pink.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I-I was just- ” she sputtered, waving her hands in front of her.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and Saya felt her cheeks heat up even more.

“You were trying to figure out which type I am, right?”

 

She nodded her head, not trusting herself to speak again without causing more embarrassment.

 

Kyungsoo gave her a sweet heart shaped smile.  “Me, Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol are part of the music department, although Baekhyun also does hapkido while Chanyeol is a member of the basketball team.”

 

Saya’s brows furrowed in thought.  “Wait, why are music students put in this class then?  Isn’t this supposed to be the higher level class?”

 

“The teachers said something about vocalists having to keep up their health to ‘produce a more pleasing sound’, or something like that,” Kyungsoo said with a roll of his eyes.

 

Saya ended up coughing from laughing at Kyungsoo’s impersonation of the school’s administrators.

 

“That raises the question of why such a lovely girl is in this class though,” Baekhyun said, suddenly popping up behind the two, leaning on Kyungsoo and looking at Saya.

 

Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun off – despite the latter’s complaints – and turned to look at Saya, also interested in her answer.

 

“When I applied they gave me an evaluation test and I got put in this class.  I’m assuming it’s because I did sports at my middle school.”

 

“A first-year girl in this class though?  No offense Saya, but that’s pretty rare, as you can probably tell,” Jongdae said as he and Chanyeol joined the trio, gesturing to the rest of the students that were in the gym.

Saya had noticed when she walked in that there was a distinct lack of females. 

As in, she was literally the only girl.

 

“Hmm, guess I must be pretty good then,” she responded with a coy smile.

 

There was no need for her to tell them that she was almost unnaturally talented when it came to sports – and most physical activities actually.  Her talent that even managed to make up for her mediocre grades when applying to this school.

They’ll find out pretty quickly anyway.

 

“Besides,” she continued, her tone becoming wry, “I see I’m not the only pretty face in this class.”

She pointed with a quick jut of her chin to a group sitting further up in the bleachers.

 

The boys around her turned to look – no thoughts of being subtle at all – and saw that Saya was talking about Luhan and his friends.

 

“Luhan is the co-captain of the soccer team with Minseok,” Sehun said, walking over to the group with Jongin.

 

“So pretty boy can play, huh?” Saya mumbled, more to herself than those around her.

 

She turned back to look at the group of third years to see that they were all looking back.  Saya’s eyes widened, and she fought the blush that was creeping up her neck from being caught.

Oops.

 

She almost panicked when she saw Luhan smile – not smirk – and wave in their direction.  She quickly realized that he wasn’t directing the action at her, though, but at Sehun instead.

 

“I take it you’re friends then,” Saya said to Sehun, who was happily waving back.

 

“Yeah, I’ve known him for a while.  He’s always been a good hyung to me,” he said, giving her a cute eye smile while taking a seat. 

“Oh, looks like he’s staring at you.”

 

Saya spun around on instinct, finding that Sehun was right.

Although he left out the part where all of Luhan’s friends were staring at me also!

 

 

The third year with soft looking cheeks, and one she didn’t recognize with a sweet dimpled-smile both waved at her when they saw they had her attention.  Even the tall intimidating blonde sent her a quick nod.  Luhan was the only one who simply kept his eyes locked on her.

 

Saya felt suffocated under his gaze, a foreign tingling creeping up her spine, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up.

 

The sensation didn’t stop until Luhan broke the connection, hitting and glaring at his friends who looked like they were teasing him about something.  Saya almost thought she had imagined the feeling, until Luhan glanced back at her with a confused and questioning expression flashing across his features that probably mirrored her own.

 

Weird, Saya thought, averting her gaze before she could get in again.

 

“You know,” Jongin said, suddenly appearing by her side and sufficiently scaring the out of her, “For someone who was calling him a pink-haired pretty-boy earlier, you sure are staring at him quite a bit.”

 

Saya scoffed and rolled her eyes.  “As if.  He was the one staring at me.”

 

“Uh-huh, sure.”  Jongin gave her a pointed look saying he wasn’t convinced.

 

She hit his arm.  “Yah! I’m telling the truth!”

 

Jongin laughed and ruffled her hair.  “Yeah, yeah whatever you say.  But when you end up falling for him I’m gonna be the first to say I told you so~”

 

“Hah!  Me?  Fall for him?  I promise you, that’s one thing that's never going to happen.”

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Third chapter up! 

I was a bit conflicted whether to upload 3 and 4 tomorrow, but I decided to space them out a bit.

I apologize for any grammar mistakes, self-editing is kinda tricky because you end up reading it how it is in your head but not necessarily on the screen ^_^'

The next chapter will be up soon~

And as always, comment and subscribe~~

Also, Thank you to those who have already! It makes me so happy as an author :')