Couple Things

Love Makes Us

Point of View; Taehyung

Word Count: 2236

I lay on my stomach, scrolling through pages and pages of websites, trying to find another Mikasa figurine. It’s absolutely torturous having to deal with this. I would get it fixed except for the fact that I can’t find the damn other piece of her scarf. The house has been turned upside in my quest to find that missing piece and yet, it has disappeared. It probably ended up in Narnia.

As I continue my search, Yoongi-Hyung walks in all dressed up. “Where are you going?”

“The studio.” Blatant lie but I just nod and go back to what I was doing.

As he leaves, Jungkook comes running in, his eyes sparkling in excitement. He practically knocks Yoongi-Hyung over causing an eruption of laughter to make its out of me. I continue laughing even as the Hyung looks at me with annoyance. My smile is mischievous and bright as he makes his way out. “Hyung~!” Jungkook runs up to me, falling over the cluttered apartment. “Oh!” The teenager stops and stares at me for a moment, taking in my pajama appearance. “You look really good with orange hair.”

At first, I think he is joking but the serious glint in his eyes tell me otherwise. “Jungkook!” Rolling out of bed, I grab a hold of his shoulders. “First Yoongi and now you! Ah, you are growing up so fast!” I pull him into a hug, patting his back roughly and chuckling with a proud admiration for him. I pull him down as I continue speaking, “So, who is it?~” My voice is playful and suggestive: I want to know the details.

“Well, her name is Rhylee and she’s American.” He tells me bashfully.

“American?! Ohhoho, good for you!” My hand hits his back in a brotherly way as I prompt him to tell me more.

Jungkook his lips softly before continuing his description, “She’s really tall, at least Yoongi-Hyungs height and she is only in Korea for the semester and she’ll be going back to America unless she can convince her parents otherwise to stay and if she needs help financially I want to help her but otherwise I’m totally cool with a long distance relationship as long as I get to continue talking to her…”

I let him ramble about the girl but I end up daydreaming, flying away from the world to where my own Soulmate is. Lost in thought, I don’t notice the boy is asking me a question until he complains loudly, “Taehyung-hyung? Are you even listening?”

Immediately, I snap back into my ‘happy-go-lucky’-hyung mode and smile lovingly at him, “Good for you, Jungkook. You’re lucky you met her now! Imagine if she went back to America?”

Jungkook moans in annoyance, “God that would be awful!”

Namjoon-Hyung walks in causing the ninety-seven liner to fall out of his chair and trail after the confused looking hyung with stories to tell. I wait until the apartment is quiet again before breathing out deeply and laying down. Closing my eyes, I take a moment to gather my courage before swiping open my phone. My finger lazily moves across the touch screen to her name. Well, not really her name because it’s a secret relationship. There’s no dating within the company so she’s trying to get transferred to another one so we can date more openly.

The phone barely rings before I hear a happy tone on the other side, “Tae—” She clears , starting again, “Hello?”

I chuckle flirtatiously, laughing at her slip up, “Hey!” My tone is light and fun, a summer breeze. “I heard this old-fashioned arcade opened up near our regular place! Are you busy?”

A blushing giggle comes from the other side, “I’m never busy when you call.”

“Meet me at the usual place, yes?”

“We’ll see~” What a cute tone she’s using. I roll around on my bed, trying not to squeal like a teenaged fan girl.

“Daisy!” I whine her name, making her intake a sharp breath. “Don’t worry,” I reassure her, “the house is empty today.” This sparks a little idea to make her squirm, “Maybe you should just come over~” I say suggestively.

I can practically see her turning a deep red from the stutter in her voice, “T-Taehyung!”

I chuckle once more, “See ya!”

“I said ‘We’ll see’!”

“Bye-bye!”

“Tae—” I hang up before she can finish and toss my phone softly beside me. Slamming my face into a pillow, I wait until my face has cooled down and my heart has resumed its regular pace before rolling out of bed to get ready. Gosh, it’s hard asking her out! She’s too cute, ohmy.

I continue smiling loudly as I pull on casual jeans and a graphic tee. Standing in the mirror, I push my hair around until it looks decent enough before I grab a hat and sunglasses to mask my face a bit. Sneaking out is always the easiest part; all I do is grab my gym bag and say I’m going to be at the gym or practice room. I’ve done this multiple times before but my hyungs have started to get a little suspicious. Just a couple more weeks and Daisy will be going to YG to work there on hair and make-up for the idols. This means we’ll get to openly see each other! I throw myself at a wall, fangirling at the prospect of telling the ARMYs about her.

Hoseok suddenly walks in, stopping in his tracks when he sees my flushed face. “Are you okay?”

I clear my throat, “Yeah, I’m just going to the gym.”

“Let me come with you!” The flamboyant man picks up his own gym bag and tosses it on his shoulder.

I whine.

“Hoseok! No!” I push his shoulder childishly, “I want to go alone.”

“Why?”

“‘cause”

He sighs loudly, “Fine, I’ll be going to the practice room then.”

I smile my square smile, “I love you~”

He shakes his head as he goes the opposite way as me. I wave wildly until he is out of sight and then make my way to the fast food place. Daisy and I always meet there since no one would expect to see a celebrity hanging out at a small, greasy food place. As I turn the corner, I see her small frame bobbing expectedly just outside. She wears these cute little jean shorts and this cute little tank top. I have to stop and take a deep breath when I feel my face heating up again.

Gosh, she’s beautiful.

Her chestnut coloured hair waves softly when she turns to look at me. Her smile is wide and bright, her cheeks rounding lightly. “Tae!” She calls to me, running over. “Look what I brought~” Daisy pulls out a bag with a little bow on it, giving it to me.

I take it happily, “What is it?”

“Just open it!”

With a happy smile, I open the bag to find couple pullovers. They’re a soft blue with a funny character on the front. I point to the weird dog-looking thing, “What is it?”

“He’s a dog thing from Invader Zim! Isn’t he cute?”

In a weird way, yes. I put down the bag and Daisy lifts her arms to let me put one on her. “It’s a little bigger than I remember…” She mumbles, looking down at the extra fabric hanging off of her shoulders.

When I try to put the other one of, it gets caught on my own shoulders, “I poke my head out of the opening, my face twisting awkwardly to look out, “Um, I think this one is yours.”

Daisy lets out a hearty laugh causing other couples on the street to gawk at our loud and clumsy display. She begins to pull her sweater off, “Oh man, that was idiotic of us.”

I laugh with her but it soon stops when I realize I’m trapped within the fabric of the couple sweater. “Um, Daisy.” Leaning towards her, I give her a signal to pull it off me.

She begins giggling again while pulling at the fabric. “Okay, one…two…three…pull!” Daisy tugs roughly and it pops off my body making us fly away from each other. The klutzy girl trips over her own legs and falls heavily onto the sidewalk. I straighten my sunglasses before running over to her.

“Are you alright?” I ask, trying to keep in a chuckle at her surprised face.

“Y-yeah.” She quickly slips the light blue fabric over her head and this time, it fits perfectly. Daisy stands, her soft hair a tangled mess now. “Ta-da!” She struts about, flinging her hips from side to side.

I move and sit on my knees in a formal fashion, “Oh, very good very good. Oh my gawd.” My claps are small and pathetic as she sticks out her lips and blows a kiss. She finishes her display and helps me get my own sweater on.

When we finally finish, I lightly smooth her hair out for her while she looks up at me with round, youthful eyes. She smiles once more when I finally step away, “Beautiful.”

“What so I didn’t look pretty before?” She asks with a joking tone.

I step towards her again, pulling her near me into a warm hug, “No.”

“What!?” Daisy exclaims, mumbling insults to me into my chest. I chuckle and hold the short girl close to my heart. She reaches up around my back and flicks my hat off my hair and watches it with a sense of pride as it flutters to the ground like a blossom. “Let’s go~” The alien turns and starts marching off, not waiting to see if I’m following her.

I shake my head at such a girl; the only one who makes me keep up with her. “Daisy! Wait!” Scooping up the hat, I jog towards the only other person wearing a light blue, Invader Zim sweater: my other half.

--

We get to the Arcade just after dinner when we had planned to come before we ate. The sweater fiasco took up a lot of our time and we may have gotten lost in a French Chocolate candy store. We weren’t hungry anymore, to say the least. She’s still holding a lollipop in which she pulls out to stare in awe at the little arcade. “Whoa, it’s so Western!” Daisy mutters an exclamation in Mandarin; something to which I have learned to be translated to something like ‘daebak’.

The little Chinese girl grabs a hold of my hand and quickly pulls me in through the door into the lights and sounds of the game store. My mouth drops open as I look around at the old fashioned game machines. We quickly exchange money for coins and head out into the mass of teenagers and couples shouting at the pixel characters.

Our first stop is the Terminator game where she picks up a gun that looks to be about her size. “Versus mode, I’m going to destroy you.” Daisy plops the lollipop back in and looks up at me with challenge sparkling in her slanted eyes.

“Oh yeah?” I say, picking up the gun with one hand while she holds it awkwardly with two.

She sticks out a blue tongue to me before slipping in a couple of coins. With a final look to me, she turns her attention to the flashing red button which I quickly hit before she has the chance. Daisy shouts out a string of curse words in Mandarin, “Yah! I was going to hit it!”

I stick out my own tongue to her before cocking my plastic gun. “Pay attention, Arnold!” Pushing her with my hips, she loses balance and ends up losing her characters first life.

“You’re cheating!” Daisy lifts up her leg and kicks me in the rear causing me to shout in surprise and lose focus on my target.

I push her again, “you’re the one cheating!”

“Tae!” She pokes me in the side, “Stop cheating!”

“Na-ah!”

“Nya!” The immature girl sticks her tongue out at me.

“Nya!” I stick it back.

We have forgotten about the game as we make faces at each other, trying to be the weirdest one in the couple. Finally, she sticks her bottom lip out and starts pouting. I can’t help it: I lightly peck the pouting lips which makes her pull back in surprise and flush a deep red.

“Y-yah! D-don’t do that here!” Daisy nervously puts down her gun as the game flashes ‘game over’ on the pixel screen. The moment she turns away to find a new game, I crouch and try to catch my breath. I cover my face with my hands, trying not to blush. Ohmygosh I just kissed her. She comes back over to me, creating a shadow at where I’m looking, “Are you okay?”

I cough and pretend to pick up a coin, “Yeah, yeah. Just found a coin on the ground.”

Of course the girl looks at me suspiciously but she shrugs nonetheless. “Alright, I saw a Dance Dance Revolution game over there so hurry before someone gets it.”

She smiles warmly before bouncing off to the bright game shouting Japanese songs. I sit for another moment, taking in the beautiful colours all around me. Sometimes I wonder how I ever lived without the them…

…or without Daisy.