Off to Sleep

For Your Happiness

Chapter 17:

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

*Hospital*

 

Luhan comforted Hyeri for the rest of the day, hugging her and letting her lean on his shoulder as they were waiting for the doctor to tell them the results of ChanHo's operation. They sat next to the operation room for a few hours now, waiting.

 

After waiting for a sophicating amount of time, they eventually fell asleep as they leaned on the wall. Soon after, the doctor came out. They instantly stood up and bowed to the doctor. The doctor had a very glum look on his face.

"Are you two here for Mr. Song ChanHo?" The doctor asked the two of them.

They both nodded.

"What is your relationship with Mr. Song?"

Hyeri answered.

"Umm... I'm his best friend and this is my husband."

"Can any one of you contact any of his family members?"

"Yes! I can!" Hyeri told him.

"Okay. Make sure they know what is happening here."

"I already called them up. They said that they will be here in a few hours." Hyeri said.

The doctor nodded.

"But what exactly is happening, doctor?" Luhan asked.

"Mr. Song's operation was successful. However, he is in a coma."

"When will he be able to wake up?" Luhan asked again.

"That is unpredictable, sir. It could take years, months, to just a couple of days. But we can not garuntee."

Luhan nodded.

"You two may be able to visit him soon. The nurse will give you information about what room he will be staying in."

The doctor warmly smiled at the both of them,

 

Eventually, they were able to visit ChanHo's room. Hyeri walked in first, being followed by Luhan. Luhan sat in the seat farthest from ChanHo, knowing that Hyeri would want to the one closest to ChanHo. Hyeri gulped down hard as she looked at ChanHo. Her knees were wobbling and she was already losing her strength just looking at him. She weakly fell onto the seat next to the hospital bed. Her lips were quivering and she was trying her best not to cry into front of him. She held his hand covered it with both of her hands. She held in tightly and talked to him.

"ChanHo-yaa... I know you can't hear me, but you have to wake up soon, okay? We still have to finish that boring movie at home." She sniffed.

"You don't like it when I cry... So I'll try not to do it in front of you." Hyeri wiped her eyes and breathe in and out.

 

Soon, ChanHo's parents came in with worried looks on their faces. Luhan and Hyeri instantly stood up and greeted them as they bowed.

"Eumoni..." Hyeri mumbled to her.

Mrs. Song quickly gave her a warm and comforting hug. Mrs. Song was also tearing up.

"It's okay, Hyeri-ah... ChanHo is strong. And he has many reasons to wake up." She told her as she broke the hug.

 

Luhan and Mr. Song were talking in the corner.

"So what exactly happened?" Mr. Song asked Luhan.

"There is someone that disliked Hyeri with a very strong passion. She aimed the pot at Hyeri from the roof. ChanHo must have noticed and blocked Hyeri with himself." Luhan explained.

"I see. Well, I'm not surprised. ChanHo is definitely the kind of person to do that. Especially for Hyeri. He loves her like his own sister. And I think she has the same feelings. I'm proud of ChanHo for doing that for her."

Luhan was also very thankful to ChanHo. If it wasn't for him, it would be Hyeri who got hit and would be in a coma.

"And you are Luhan, right? Hyeri's husband?" Mr. Song asked.

Luhan nodded.

"Well, I wish you two the best."

"Thank you, Mr. Song..."

Then the two continued talking.

 

Hyeri and Mrs. Song:

 

"So how are you and Luhan these days, Hyeri?" Mrs. Song asked her.

"Good. We're getting really comfortable in the new house and each other."

"That's good."

"So how was your business trip to Busan?"

"It's Business, there's rarely any fun it." Mrs. Song laughed.

"But there's actually lots of schools that are good over there. So that's good."

Hyeri paused.

"Schools? Why are you searching for schools?"

Mrs. Song's smiled faded and a frown followed.

"Eumoni.... Why are you searching for schools?" Hyeri repeated.

 

"Hyeri-ah... ChanHo must've kept it from you to prevent you from getting hurt... but... Once ChanHo wakes up..."

 

 

 

"We're moving to Busan."

 

Hyeri felt like a boulder just fell on her. Her best friend, her brother, is leaving her. He's leaving her and moving away to a place over 200 miles away.

Hyeri was on the verge of crying again. She didn't want to believe what she just heard. She thought that they would always be with each other. She's dreamed that after he get's married, all four of them would spend time together. And her kids, his kids, would go to school together. But those dreams will remain as dreams now. Those dreams will be dreams that might never come true anymore.

She glanced at ChanHo and tears fell unknowingly. Mrs. Song quickly hugged her and rubbed her back, comfortaing her.

"I'm sorry, Hyeri... We're so sorry..."

 

~

 

Luhan and Hyeri arrived at home at 11pm. Hyeri looked like all of the energy was out of her. She was pale and glum. They both ate a quick dinner, washed up, and went to bed.

When they were getting ready to sleep, Luhan looked her right in the eye warmly smiled at her. He cupped her cheek and gently kissed her forehead.

"What did Mrs. Song tell you?" He asked.

 

"They're moving to Busan. After ChanHo wakes up, they'll be ready to move."

Luhan paused also.

"Don't worry. We'll visit them every summer. We'll spend every single summer over there."

Hyeri lit up.

"Jinnja? For real, Luhan?"

Luhan brightly smiled and nodded.

"Kyyaaaa~! Thank you! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Luhan!!!!" Hyeri hugged him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Whaaat?! A peck on the cheek? That's all I get?!" Luhan complained.

"Well, what do you want?"

Luhan stole a 3 second kiss from her and once the kiss broke, Hyeri had a very surprised look on her face.

 

 

"What?" Luhan giggled.

"You should have told me before hand!" Hyeri told him, annoyed.

"Haha... Sorry..." Luhan apologized.

"Pshh... Whatever. Go to sleep." Hyeri turned the other way and had her back facing Luhan.

Luhan just chuckled.

"Goodnight!" He told her.

"Goodnight..." Hyeri responded.

And both of them drifted to sleep.

 

~

 

Sorry for the very short update): It's transitional... just trying to get rid of some tension in the story but MORE MORE MORE will come up soon :/

 

Thank you sooo much for all of you lovely chingus~! I love alll of you soooo freaking mucchhh~! Make sure to share your opinions with me in the comments^^ Hehehe(: Saranghaeyoo~! >.<