Awake and Asleep

For Your Happiness

Before we start! New Character:

 

Lee Chi Hoon starring as Huang Chi Hoon


 

~ Cold on first impressions, but warm hearted once you get to know him.

~ Huang Yi Lin's closest cousin (Or used to be...)

~ Has always hated being a part of a violent and wrongful family

~ Third year college, 21

 

 

Chapter 18:

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

1 month later.

 

*Prison that Yi Lin's serves in*

 

"I can't believe you, Yi Lin..." Chi Hoon said disappointedly.

"Chi Hoon-ah... You're my closest cousin! You have to understand me! You have to help me!"

"Help you do whaatt, Yi Lin! Can't you not see?! You're in prison! Guilty of attempting to murder!"

"I only did that because I had no other choice. She wouldn't back off!"

"Yi Lin! That girl is married to Luhan now! You can't do anything about it! And from what I see, they're very hapy to together and not doing anything wrong! Can't you just leave them alone?!"

Yi Lin slammed her hands onto the table that was seperating them two.

 

"No! She's the only obstacle I have to pass! She's the only one I need to get rid of! If she's gone, I can finally have Luhan!"

Chi Hoon shook his head in disappointment and sighed heavily.

"Do you really think that Luhan will still love you even after all the things you've done to both of them? Even after all the things you WILL do to the both of them?"

"Luhan doesn't have to know. And that's when YOU come along."

"HUANG YI LIN~!"

"Chi Hoon! You need to! Please!"

"You know that I'm not the kind to hurt someone. Especially someone who has done nothing wrong to me."

"Then how in world are you part of our family?"

Chi Hoon stopped and gulped.

"You're part of a family that would do anything to get what they want, Chi Hoon! We almost have no mercy for the people who wrong us! For the people who wrong family members and people we love! Hyeri hurt me! She got in my way!" Yi Lin fought.

"No... she didn't. YOU were in HER way, Yi Lin. And no matter what you say to me, I will not hurt her or her Luhan."

"I'm not telling YOU to do it, Chi Hoon. You're too weak."

 

Chi Hoon felt hurt about what his closest cousin just told him. All of the years she spent without him has really changed her.

"Fine..." He gave in, feeling guilty towards Hyeri and Luhan.

He felt even more guilty for ChanHo. Even Chi Hoom doesn't even know what has gotten into his cousin.

 

~

 

Chi Hoon visited his other cousin's house in Korea. He was the least closest from this cousin. This cousin was always so violent and greedy. But he would do anything to protect his family from the people they hate. Chi Hoon gave him a paper that Yi Lin wrote on, saying all of her plans for him.
(A/N: I won't give a picture or name of this cousin.)

 

He glared at Chi Hoon.

"Okay... I'll do it... You can go now." He told Chi Hoon.

 

Chi Hoon took a last look at that piece of paper. He was beyond worried. He was worried, afraid, and guilty.

 

Either Hyeri or Luhan might get hurt soon. And he hated that thought. He couldn't just sit back and watch.

 

~

 

Hyeri visited ChanHo while Luhan had another meeting with Kris. ChanHo was still in a coma. It's already been a whole month. Hyeri visited him occasionally. Probably 3 times a week, she would visit him.

 

She sat beside his bed again, tightly holding his hand.

"It's about time now ChanHo... You need to wake up now... I've been so lonely, you know? Sometimes Luhan goes out with EXO to have some lunch.

But most of the time, I don't want to go because it would ruin their all-guy group. I would just be left out. So I stay at home. But since you're here, sleeping, I'm always so bored at home. Ahjumma is there too, but she's busy cleaning. I can't play any games with her. And I also finished that boring movie that you didn't finish. You were right... It was very boring. I didn't like the ending either. But maybe once you wake up, we can go to the movie theatre together and watch a new and better movie." Hyeri giggled at how talkative she was.

"I miss you, ChanHo... You have to wake up soon. When you're asleep it feels like part of myself is asleep with you. And both of you don't want to wake up. It's depressing... and boring..." Hyeri had her talk to sleeping ChanHo.

She took a deep breath and let go of his hand, but before she did, she saw it move. She saw his finger move.

"ChanHo?" She shook him a little bit. But no response.

She shrugged it off.

*Maybe I'm just imagining things.* She told her herself and left the room.

 

But ChanHo was actually not in a coma. He woke up that morning, before Hyeri came. The nurses and doctors just didn't notice. He took a nap after he woke up but opened his eyes after Hyeri left. He smiled to himself and imagined what would happen if she found out.

 

 

~

 

Hyeri got back home from the hospital to be instantly greeted by Luhan.

"Welcome back, princess..." Luhan swung his arm around Hyeri's shoulders and led her to the theatre room.

In the theatre room were Kai, Sehun, Kris, Tao,  and D.O.

 

 

Hyeri and them all exchanged greetings.

"Noona!" Kai called out to her, "We're all about to watch a movie. Do you want to join us?"

Hyeri shook her head.

"I was just dropping by to grab some lunch. I'm going back out anyway."

"Where are you going?" Tao asked.

"I'm just going to the store to buy some groceries."

They all agreed and Hyeri left the theatre room.

 

The Ahjummas made her lunch. One of the Ahjummas handed the dish to her with a bright smile.

"Here you go, miss."

"Ooooh! Yum! Japchae! Thank you Ahjummas! I'll eat well!"

Hyeri picked up her fork and instantly started eating.

 

After 15 minutes, she was ready to leave. She yelled out to let Luhan know she was leaving.

"LUHANN~! I'm leaving now!" She grabbed her bag and was on her way to the door.

Within a few seconds, Luhan sprinted out of the theatre room, followed by Tao and Sehun.

 

 

Luhan chased after Hyeri and grabbed her hand.

"Mwo..." Hyeri asked him, confused.

"Nothing... You can't leave without this..." Luhan gave her a quick 2 second kiss and smiled.

"I told you to tell me before you kiss me..." Hyeri reminded him.

"Well, now you need to remember that I'll kiss you everytime you leave the house without me."

Hyeri giggled.

"Okay, Okay. Luhan, I'll go now..." Hyeri told him, shaking her head, but smiling.

 

As Luhan was closing the door, he yelled out to her.

"I Love you~! Be careful!"

"I Love you too~! Don't stress yourself out with too many movies!"

"Byeee~!"

"Bye!"

 

Then, Luhan closed the door and saw Sehun, Kai, and Tao.

Sehun and Kai 'Kyaaa-ed' as they waved their fists in the air. (A/N: Teehee, like in the last episode of EXO Showtime)

 

And Tao was smiling very widely in the corner.

"Oh... young love..." He mumbled.

 

Luhan giggled and they all went back inside the theatre room.

 

 

~

 

Hyeri finished grocery shopping and arrived at home after an hour and a half. She called the Ahjummas and handed then the groceries, but she didn't come back inside just yet. She went for a walk. She left her things in the house and wasn't holding anything else but her phone. The day wasn't even close to being over. It wasn't even 2:30pm yet. Hyeri sat on a bench in a park near their house. She was thinking. She was thinking about how life would be now. Would she have kids? Would ChanHo ever get married when he's in Busan? Will she ever become an aunt to his kids?

She pondered on the bench under the tree and stood there until she heard a husky voice behind her.

"Hello, beautiful..." She was confused. Who could it be? It wasn't Luhan. And it can't be ChanHo. Who is it?

She turned around only to have and nose covered by a white hankerchief. She studied the face of the man and remembered the face of the man just in case the needed to remember it. She squinted her eyes as she tried her best to breathe. The man was sohpicating her and soon enough, he succeeded.

Hyeri felt her body turn numb and instantly, everything went...

 

 

 

BLACK.

 

 

~

 

Sorry for the lack of suspense in this one... I updated this earlier than usual because I might not be able to update tomorrow... Mianhae Chingus~

 

Huang Chi Hoon... or Lee Chi Hoon (His real name)..... Is actually an ulzzang just like the real Huang Yi Lin and Song ChanHo. I love almost alll ulzzangs~! They're all so gorgeous and handsom(: I also use ulzzangs for supporting characters because if I use idols for ulzzangs, readers might not like seeing their favorite idols act as an antagonist (Bad person)... So I use ulzzangs. (:

 

But even if I use Yi Lin as an antagonist, I still love her work and how beautiful she really is... So I have no bad intentions and feelings towards any of the ulzzangs that are starring in this story(:

 

Thank you ALLL for reading! I Hope all of you are enjoying the story! Please comment and tell me your opinions and feelings about what is happening in the story~! And upvote if you want(: Thank you sooo much~!  Saranghaeyooo Chingus~~~! >.<