Master of Ups and Downs

Love Actually (PocaGuri Fanfic)

Yoomi’s POV

And we are here, in a big supermarket around Joonyoung’s house at Samseong-dong. PD-nim said that we had to buy household items for our ‘newlywed’ house. Yes, we are ‘newlywed’ couple.

 

I’m actress and I know a lot of ‘something-smells-like-drama’. In my knowledge-of-drama, if a couple are going to buy household items for their new house.....

 

(in my imagination)

Me: Nampyeon~ How about buying a couple slipper? Mmh~ Is it cute?

Joonyoung: Of course, Buin~ Just buy anything you want.

Me: Kyang~~~ nampyeon jjang~  My husband is soooo cool!! *screaming while linking my arm to his*

(end of imagination)

 

In fact, the dialogue in my head was almost same in reality. Almost same. Minus couple slipper and linking arms.

 

“You’re so handsome.” I say it very genuine. My husband is extremely a bad-boy-style (yeah, you know it, right? Like always making you feel to cut his body into pieces because he always put you into the peak of your anger) but he actually has a very good face, so it’s not a lie at all. I am hugging the 33000-won-pillow (it’s very expensive for just a pillow but I really wanted it!) very tight. He said we could buy it for our new house – oh I said it. It’s very ticklish.

 

“Pick everything!” He said it excitedly. Ahaha, he likes to be praised. So I say ‘handsome’ until I forget how many times I say it to him. Who knows if he will buy me a cruise.

 

Our shopping is very ordinary. It’s like I am shopping with my younger brother – even I don’t have any brothers or sisters –other than a couple. But it’s quite fun, I laugh sometimes with his jokes and after I laugh, I realise that Joonyoung doesn’t offer a joke. Sometime I think I’m a bit idiot because I easily laugh. But it’s my weapon to get close with people. Of course, I use it so that we get closer.

 

..... And Joonyoung is Joonyoung. He can’t stop making me temperamental even I am trying to accept him here.

 

He leaves me alone when he said he went to find hangers and hasn’t come back yet. He’s gone. HE’S DISAPPEARED!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Why is me?! Always me.”

 

Minah dragged the troley in the supermarket. She muttered along the way. She was lost playing rock-paper--scissor game with her dorm friend, Chanmi. Anyone who lost had to buy dorm needs like rice, noodles,ice cream, kimchi, soaps, shampoos, pads, and everything!

 

“Why is Chanmi never lost? Always me.” She muttered again while throwing noodles in the cart.

 

“She even never shopping for her own needs! Always me.” She put soaps.

 

“Moreover, I am washing her laundries! Oh, I’m crazy!” she pulled her hair desperately. After sighing, she draged the cart to breads-section. She was very hungry because of the party last night. And she didn’t have a breakfast before going to supermarket. So, she decided to eat bread on the way home.

 

She was at the breads-section and she furrowed her eyebrow. She focused her gaze at the super-very-thin guy who eating free food at the stall near her. After realising that figure, she gasped. “Oh my God! Why is oppa here?” she mumbled – you couldn’t say it mumbling because people around her looked at her, but it’s not that  loud.

 

“Opp--.” She was about to call Joonyoung and she immedietly closed when she saw a camera shoot him. Is he filming now? Filming what anyway?

 

Joonyoung left the breads-section and camera still following him... with Minah behind that cameraman. She was very excited because it’s the first time she saw a celebrity-at-work.

 

They were at alcohol-section and Joonyoung kept taking alcohols and laughing while showing the alcohols at the camera. Minah found that Joonyoung was a really honest and innocent guy. How could a celebrity showed off buying that kind of stuffs to the viewers? Minah couldn’t hold her smile and she thought Joonyoung was an interesting guy. She giggled.

 

But suddenly Minah stopped giggling when she saw a girl dragged a cart full of household items approached Joonyoung. That girl even didn’t mind if Joonyoung was filming something and she kept walking towards him. “How dare!” Minah hissed. Yes, how dare that girl approach Joonyoung easily when she hold herself to come towards him.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!! Oh, seriously.” that girl yelled at Joonyoung desperately. That girl looked really tired. While dragging the cart, she came towards Joonyoung. Joonyoung didn’t feel any guilty and he kept smiling – maybe it’s the effect of the alcohols in his arms – at that girl.

 

“Oh, buin. Come here. I bought some alcohols for our first night.” Joonyoung said it very casually. That girl just sighed heavily.

 

The other hands, Minah gasped and suddenly couldn’t breath. Joonyoung called that girl ‘buin’, that meant—

 

“Ah, I remember.” Minah mumbled. Yes, she remembered Taejoon said something about marriage before and Joonyoung looked panic. After that, come a chaos because a-drunken-girl kept shouting ‘Joonyoung is my husband’ on mic. And finally, everybody knew that Joonyoung already had a wife but Minah didn’t believe it – until she saw and heard it by herself then.

 

After they put a lot of expensive alcohols in the cart. Minah surprised because seeing a kind of couple who loving alcohol that much for the first time. Joonyoung dragged the cart, which his wife dragged it before, and his wife followed him. She grabbed Joonyoung’s sweater very tight as if Joonyoung would leave her again if there was a chance for him to do it.

 

Minah hid herself and she was about to go home, she didn’t want to follow Joonyoung again because it’s useless.  She couldn’t get anything from ‘stalking’ him and she couldn’t ask Joonyoung because of those cameras. Yeah, it’s decided then because she dragged the cart to the cashier.

 

But she suddenly couldn’t go home because she saw her senior at university.

 

“Jaejin-sunbaenim.”Minah called to a guy – who almost as tall as Minah – acrossing her while dragging an empty cart. He and his friend, who looks more athleticism then him – entered that supermarket just now. Minah turned back from cashier and come to her senior.

 

“Hey.” Jaejin, Minah’s senior, said. When Minah already approached them.

 

“Who’s that girl? She’s cute.” Jaejin’s friend whispered to Jaejin but he elbowed him so that his friend kept his mouth closing.

 

“Minah, you are here too. “ Jaejin said awkwardly while scratching his head that not itchy.

 

“Oh. So you’re that Minah,” Jaejin’s friend said in suspicious mode. His eyes explored Minah’s face but Minah just smile brightly to him made he couldn’t do anything except smile to her back. He couldn’t resist  Minah’s brightness.“ I’m Jonghoon. I’m Jaejin’s friend.” He said cheerfully and he offered his hand to Minah. Minah took his hand and they shook hands.

 

“I don’t wanna go to dorm now. I’ll accompany you, if you don’t mind.”Minah said while smiling. Jonghoon was about to melt because of her cuteness.

 

“It’s okay. I’m with my friend and we—“

 

“You can accompany us, cuttie-pie.” Jonghoon cut Jaejin’s line. Jaejin looked at his friend in disbelief and he elbowed his friend again. “Ouch! Yah! What’s your prob—“

 

“Ahaha. Thank you, sunbaenim.” Minah said it very cheerfully. Jaejin and Jonghoon were awed by Minah cuteness and brightness. Minah passed them, who still stoned, and then Jaejin realised his behavior so he elbowed Jonghoon again for many times to make Jonghoon concious. They followed Minah and she kept talking.

 

“So, what do you need? You need cereal or toiletries? Ehhm I think we should take this way—“

 

Minah stopped her steps, followed by Jaejin and then Jonghoon, when she saw a girl who dragging a cart full of stuffs approached them. Minah was frozen in the place because who she saw was Joonyoung’s wife. Plus cameramen behind her.

 

“Did you see my husband acrossed here? He has noticeable dark circle around his eyes and he is really thin like never know that rice was existed. He, ehhm, did you see him acrossed here anyway?” Joonyoung’s wife asked. Because Minah could see her very close, she thought she had seen her bef—

 

“Oh, it’s okay if you don’t see him. I lose him twice less than an hour when we just arrived here. Huh! Where is he? He always—Ah,thank you.” She smiled quickly and then she was about to leave until Jonghoon said something.

 

“Are you Jung Yoomi the actress? Wah, you’re very beautiful in reality. My mother always watch your drama.” That girl turned her head and saw Jonghoon’s face. His face looked bright as if he met his idol. She couldn’t hold her smile.

 

“Ah? Do you know me? Thank you.” That girl, Yoomi, said and her smile as bright as sunlight.

 

“Are you filming ‘We Got Married’ now? Ah, you’re really a star, Yoomi-ssi.” Jonghoon said. Minah couldn’t blink when she heard it (no. Not the part Joonyoung’s wife was a star. The other part).

 

“Ah, you know it? Yes, I’m filming now but I’m sorry I have to leave now.” Yoomi said.

 

“Okay. Good luck!” Jonghoon said. Yoomi bowed at them – Jonghoon, Jaejin, and Minah – and then left them in hurry.

 

“ 'My mother watched your drama' ? Cih. Since when you became your mother?”Jaejin teased his friend. Jonghoon elbowed Jaejin very hard. “Ouch! Yah—“

 

“So they were acting? Ha, ha.” Minah mumbled something made Jonghoon and Jaejin looked at her curiously. “What’s wrong, Minah?” Jaejin asked but Minah answered him by shaking her head.

 

“Nothing. So, what are you going to buy?” Minah asked and she kept smiling along the way.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoomi’s POV

It’s a very long trip I ever have with my Elizabeth. Yes, it’s factual. It takes three hours from Joonyoung’s house – don’t count in when we were at supermarket – to arrive at WGM village. But I felt the trip is longer because…. Tsk. He even can’t drive a real car but he couldn’t stop muttering about my driving skill and because of him, our-shopping-spree for our new house took longer than it’s scheduled  (at least in my opinion).

 

We get out from Elizabeth and I open the car’s baggage. I look at my luggage very proudly. It’s so simple and I think everyguy is fallen for that simple-type, yeah like me.

 

Staffs arrived first but there isn’t any camera for filming us. They are busy setting other equipments in our house – oh it’s so ticklish, really. Joonyoung brings out his things from my car and gives to his manager. His manager takes his things and brings in to the house.

 

“Ah, you just bring these?” Joonyoung looks surprised at my luggage.

 

“My manager go to Ansan so I couldn’t prepare too much. And I think it’s more than yours. You bring just a guitar and a box while I bring two boxes and a suitcase.” I said. Joonyoung looked at me funnily and then he throw his gaze away from me.

 

“Just these, right? I’ll help you.” He said flatly. He was about to pick up one of my boxes but I hold his wrist. “What are you doing?” I asked.

 

“Don’t you see? I’m helping you.”he said. He lift my box up but I take that box from his hand. “No need. I can do it by myself. Moreover, I can ask the staffs for helping me, if it’s needed.” I said. My sport-skill was strong enough for me to bring my own things.

 

But Joonyoung takes my other box which still in baggage and he left me behind. “Joonyoung! Just leave it alone! Don’t you hear me—“

 

Joonyoung turns his head back, glares at me. Very cold. And he looks more scary because of his dark circle. “I’m man and you’re woman. I’m stronger and you’re not.” He said it flatly. I can’t speak at that time and summer breeze makes my nape feels chilled. It’s because of the breeze, I think.

 

Joonyoung is already in the house while I still standing like idiot at the outside. I gasp when Joonyoung’s manager approached me. “Are you fine right now?” he asked me. I look at him blankly.

 

“You were really drunk last night. Your manager wasn’t at there and your friend didn’t bring her car so we took you home.” He explained but it made me blanker.

 

“Errgh, you don’t remember it? It’s okay. Ahaha. I have already put Joonyoung’s things in the house so I don’t have anything to do. Do you wanna be helped?” he asked but I shake my head weakly. “It’s okay. Thank you.” I said.

 

Afterwards, Joonyoung comes again and take the box from my hand and leave me again. “This guy. He can’t be stopped.” I mumbled and I turn my head to look Joonyoung’s manager’s face but.... he looks surprised a bit.

 

“Woah. He showed off again? Said revenge before but finally helping. Ckck. I can’t believe this.” He mumbled and he smiles suspiciously. I don’t really get what he means. And I am too busy finding out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoomi’s POV

Everything is already set. Joonyoung and I are already in our new house. Cameras are rolling to record us again and PD-nim watches us again.

 

Since I was teenager I knew boys are always more simple than girl in everything aspects. In their styles, attitudes, even their minds. But I am stunned here when I see Joonyoung’s luggages. I thought my things were more than his before and I thought Joonyoung was like another guy who always simple. And I am really wrong. Extremely wrong.

 

His luggages is twice more than me! or triples!

 

He is like a robot. Actually, I don’t get it really well but when he helped me putting my things in, his expression was really cold and he even didn’t make a smile  (yeah, I realised that my nape felt chilled before not because of the breeze, it’s because his expression was as cold as ice). But when the red light of camera was on, he became a guy who making me 5 years older everyhour!

 

He tricks me when he say he wants to give me a surprise. Yeah, I am surprised, he successes. I thought ‘surprise’ which he mentioned before is a gift – gift that everygirl like – but I am wrong..again.

 

HE BRINGS HIS GAME CONSOLES AND HE LOOKS VERY HAPPY!!

 

Did he know that I don’t like games? I mentioned it at our first meeting. He even plays it and doesn’t help me tidying our things. Our things,that means my and his things! (But he said that his dream when he got married was playing his favourite game with his wife. I sigh and remembered I was his wife when that red light is on. So I play it for one round – and suddenly can’t stop playing because he teases me when I lose).

 

I even almost hit his head by ppyong hammer but I remember my mother’s advice. And because we are not that close so I hold myself to hit him. I must be nominated as ‘The Most Patient Girl 2013’.

 

Finally, he stands up and leaves his game. Huh, I think he realised that we are filming. He helps me tidying our things up and settling our purchases which we bought – in fact, WGM bought it –  in supermarket.

 

After we finish tidying up, he brings out a lot of styrofoams from every corner in the house – Oh God, he even brings styrofoams when  his luggage is already that much – and says he wanted to make a jukebox. He said that it was his dream when he got married , making a jukebox, when we were on the way to WGM village. The way he talks that, he looks more like my cousin who is wanting something. I can’t refuse to help him making his jukebox.

 

When we design the jukebox, like pasting some photos of rocker stars, I feel I am doing this with my family. Because, Joonyoung is my husband now (althought just virtual husband) I feel he is a part of my family. Is it feeling of getting married? Ehm, maybe. Maybe I get it now. The marriage life should be like this.

 

After we finishing the jukebox, he takes his guitar and sit on the chair in the jukebox. He brings the mic out and put in front of him.

 

“What should we name our radio?” he asked.

 

“What did you do before?” I asked him back.

 

“Close friend,”he said. He stops talking like thinking something in his brain “Should we name it Close Couple?” he asked me. Close Couple? It’s so corny, but I like that corny thing.

 

“It’s really corny but I’ll do it.” He said the same thing as in my mind. What should I put this? Is our mind connected to each other? Oh God, I become a corny girl again.

 

Then Joonyoung speaks. He becomes DJ in our radio, Close Couple. His voice makes me remember when I was high schooler. When I used to listen radio and the DJ’s voice made me calm. And Joonyoung gets that point.

 

Suddenly, he takes the paper out from his pocket. I am curious what is that? But he says it’s song request? Will he sing a song to me?

 

I’m right. He is playing his guitar now and singing the lyric,

 

Maybe we are people who entangled in love by complicated fate

That might be a war-like love. Since I’m dangerous. Because I love you.

For you, I won’t really play games. I’ll reduce it.

 

My mind is wandering. Pictures of our first meet crossing my mind. When we shopped in supermarket, when I searched him desperately, when he helped me, when we made the jukebox, suddenly I feel warm inside in my heart.

 

…Oh..oh…wah! What is it? Oh my GOD! This is just imaginary marriage, Yoomi! Get yourself together!

 

I thought the last part was the best among the others. Okay, so let’s see if he could do it. (Yes! Like this, Yoomi. You become yourself now)

 

He keeps playing his guitar but I know he’s singing different song. He says the song is based on our journey today. So, is he making song now? Oh, I’m anticipated.

 

Today while matching the picture, I grabbed a guitar for her

Why couldn’t I do it? I feel like I couldn’t express my feelings

 

He looks hesitant when he is singing. He looks me at my eyes, “is it good?” he asks me. I nodded, “Emh.” I said. He looks more confident now and he keep singing.

 

Even today you did a good job

Although there was nothing I did well, I will do anything for her

Even today you did a good job. Until the end, to you, I sing a song for you

 

I am stunned. Is he apologizing to me? Through his song that he made just now? He even said I’m doing a good job.  Oh my God, must I really hate him? I know I’m wrong hating him.

 

…. That means I forgive him? Hm, maybe. Or little bit.

 

But I feel something weird in his song like I ever heard a song that similar to his before. But he said he made that song. So which is the right?

 

“It seems like plagiarism,” he said makes me furrowed my eyebrow. He looks embarrassed for his silliness. I can’t hold myself, I’m burst of laughing. He is so cute, SO CUTE, feels like I wanna smash his body and toss it in the air.

 

“It’s plagiarism so forget it.” He said while laughing like evil. Errggh.

 

Oh, so I have to forget that he said I did a great job? So I have to forget that he apologized to  me? Like it didn’t happen? Oh My GOD! He is really a weirdo. A weirdo husband.

 

When he *sigh* succeed makes my heart warm when he sang a song to me and he makes me flying up to the sky, he flung it away when he said I have to forget that song.

 

He is kinda weird, nobody decline that. He puts everything up and down. He is master of ups and downs.

 

My plan to get close with Joonyoung wasn’t running smoothly. But it didn’t mean I failed it. I feel I’m being trained from time to time by him. But I had to keep my head straight. Straight to my plan. Anyway, this marriage is for a long time and I have to endure it. No matter what happen.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The filming was ended around 20 minutes ago. Yoomi already left and staffs were preparing to go home too.

 

Joonyoung hadn’t leave the place. His manager went to get the car after helping other staffs cleared everything up.

 

Suddenly a girl with a thick glasses approached him. She still holding that thick book since they arrived at WGM village.

 

“I’m relieved. I think you couldn’t do thing like that. Thank you for hearing my advices.” She said and she gave her hand to Joonyoung. Joonyoung looked at her hand then stared at her eyes. Slightly he saw the tittle of her-thick-book. If he wasn’t wrong, it said ‘The Most Favourite Scenes in We Got Married Collections’. He sighed heavily.

 

“Anyway, I had a plan to serenade her today. It’s the reason why I brought my guitar.” He said flatly.

 

That-glasses-girl looked at her hand frustated because Joonyoung didn’t want to shake hands. So she pulled her hand back awkwardly.

 

“In future, I count on you. Make your marriage is as romantic as you can. Could you do that?” she asked him determinely.

 

“I’m not someone who can’t be counted on. But I’ll make sure my couple is the most interesting instead of anyone who are in your book.” He said coldly and made that girl stunned. In short time, Joonyoung’s car come. He left that girl without said anything.

 

“Wah, what is it?” PD-Kim suddenly appeared.  Lee-writer, that-glasses-girl, bit her lips and gripped her book really tight. She was panting really hard like she was holding herself from her anger. PD-Kim looked at Writer-Lee worriedly, “Are you okay?” he asked.

 

“No. I’m not okay. If he doesn’t hear what I said and do what I said, I’m not okay.” She answered. And that night felt really chilled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(a/n) I’m sorry for late update. I went to my father’s village for a week and it hadn’t any signal for internet. Errg, it’s really frustrating if you know it. And when I arrived to my house, my laptop was going crazy. What should I call this? It’s kind of virus attacked my laptop  (?) and suddenly turned off without I turned it off by myself.  And I hope it’s the end of my misfortunes.

But, I am very grateful because of you, Readers. Whoever who read it until the latest part, I feel grateful. Huhuhu. I wanna hug you all. (/^_^)/\(^_^\)

Anyway, these pictures for this chapter:

1. << He is FT Island’s Lee Jaejin, Minah’s senior in university.

2.  << He is FT Island’s Choi Jonghoon, Jaejin’s friend.

I am still waiting for your commenting, upvoting, and subscribing. Thank you so much~~ See you on the next chapters.