Kyungsoo

Jack Frost

Kyungsoo parked his car on the same spot as yesterday. He glances at his wrist watch, it’s 2 PM right now. He takes his bag and get out of the car. Kyungsoo enters the building and walks directly at the elevator. Looks like he's get used to the scenery of people in a uniform walking around. It doesn’t take long till he reach 5th floor. For a second he's hesitate to come out of the elevator. Honestly, he doesn’t know why he’s doing what he’s doing right now. He doesn’t get it why he still keeps coming to this place everyday after his work. It becomes a routine, which is weird because routine is something demanding, while no one demands Kyungsoo to do this thing actually. But he comes anyway, towards the room on the corner of the corridor.

A guy with a brown hair greets Kyungsoo with his deep-dimple smile. Kyungsoo smiles back, heading off to the guy who looks like about to leave.

“You’re here. You’re done with your work?” The deep-dimpled guy asked.

“Yup. I finished earlier. Aren’t you going to the radio station, hyung?”

“I still have half an hour. Dr. Kim wants me to take these papers. It’s a lot of reading.” He shows the folder on his hand.

“How is he?”

“Same like yesterday. He’s awake, actually. You can see him.” The older man pointed at the door.

“Okay…”

“Just tell him I’m going to the radio. I leave him to you.”

“Sure, hyung. Drive safely.” Kyungsoo waves him off.

That was Zhang Yixing. Or maybe people in Seoul know him as Lay, the DJ of a famous radio program in town. Sometimes Kyungsoo finds it funny that the guys with deep voice who melts a lot of females heart is actually a 4D and sometimes weird guy like Yixing. But maybe a lot of females fan will find it even cuter when they find out Yixing true personality.

Kyungsoo slides the door and enters the room. It’s a familiar view, like he saw yesterday. Still that person lying on that bed with some wires attached to his arm and chest. Kyungsoo still sees the same pale skins and messy hair. That person look at the door when he hears Kyungsoo slides it. He gives a weak smile, likes he have known it was Kyungsoo who’s coming. It’s the same smile. Along with a pair of twinkling eyes. Those eyes. There’s always something in those eyes that made Kyungsoo wants to get lost and never be found. It’s like something beautiful, enchanting, warm and scary at the same time. It’s kinda hard to explain. But Kyungsoo can’t help but smiles back.

“Soo…” A weak voice come out from the figures mouth. Kyungsoo walks closer towards the bed, sitting on the chair beside the bed.

“Is my brother already gone?” He asked again, this time the voice sounds raspier. Kyungsoo just nodded and smile.

“How are you…Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked gently, noticing how pale those cheeks that used to be chubby.

“Sleepy. Seriously, yesterday I asked Yixing-hyung to kill Dr. Kim if he keeps giving me this meds that make me drowsy all the time.” Chanyeol said casually, earning a scoff from Kyungsoo,

“I doubt Yixing-hyung dare enough to do that.”

“Yeah…he doesn’t even dare to kill a cockroach.” Chanyeol chuckled.

Kyungsoo laughs. At that moment he feels Chanyeol’s weak hand trying to reach out at his. Kyungsoo grab the hand gently, squeezing it to make sure it stays warm. Chanyeol smiles satisfaction. Kyungsoo starts to caress Chanyeol hairs softly. For a moment they don't speak, just stares each other.

“How are you feeling? Is it hurt to speak?” He asked noticing the raspy weak voice coming from the other throat along with constricted face, just likes Chanyeol forced himself to speak, even though it’s hurts.

“It’s okay. It’s better than not speak. It’s a good thing I still can speak.” Chanyeol smiles. But Kyungsoo disagree.

“Chanyeol-ah…”

“I missed you. I’m glad that you still coming here. Everyday.” Chanyeol changed the topic, makin Kyungsoo blushed.

“Of course I’ll come.”

“Even after we broke up.” Kyungsoo flinched at the word 'broke up'. It's just weird to keep remembering it.

“Chanyeol-ah…”

“I’m sorry, Soo. You can hate me all you want in the future. But for now, just keep coming every day like this, please.”

“I don’t hate you. And I will come everyday. So just cut your silly paranoid crap, okay?”

Chanyeol just nodded.

“Hey, I just write an editor’s review on Nell’s Gravity’s trilogy. I know it’s still a draft, but if everything going well it will be included in next week released. Do you want me to read it to you?” Kyungsoo said while taking a folder from his bag.

“Sure. Sounds interesting. Even though, I’m pretty sure you’re gonna be biased, because you’re practically worships Kim Jong Wan.” Chanyeol chuckled, he knows to well how Kyungsoo is a big fan of Nell's vocalist.

“Hey! You love ‘Slip Away’! When I gave them to you as Christmas present, you listen to it for two months straight.”

“I know. Just go on…read it for me.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t remember how long he reads, until he finds Chanyeol’s head titled on the right side. He falls asleep still wears a smile on his face. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before folding his article’s draft and shoved it back to his bag. Chanyeol looks like a kid when he’s sleeping. So angelic and serene. Kyungsoo’s fingers trailing at Chanyeol’s face, caressing the pale cheeks and the closed eyelids.

“You’re cruel, you know…and so selfish.” Kyungsoo whisper while leaning closer to kiss Chanyeol forehead. Slowly he stands up and takes his bag, get ready to leave the room. Before he reaches the door, he takes a last look of Chanyeol’s sleeping figure.

But I love you…no matter how selfish you are.

 

Kyungsoo closed the slide-door and about to walk towards the corridor. But his eyes catch a figure of a guy around his height. The guy with a black hair looks as surprised as Kyungsoo when they see each other. They both don’t expect this encounter.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Baekhyun…”