Regret 1/1

Dress Up

"I don't want to!" 

There is no way in hell. He can do the girl group dances, he can even try his hand at showcasing what little aegyo he has, but there's no way he's going to do that again.

"You have-"

"No!" Jungkook shouts. He realises he's being rude, exceptionally rude, but he's adamant. No one will make him. Nothing can.

His manager sighs, brushing a hand through his already unruly hair. "Just think about it, please."

The maknae glares at him, his blood boiling with red hot anger. He leaves the room, making sure to slam the door.

Why do people have to be amused by that whole parade? What was the big deal anyway? If Jungkook was a machine, steam would be shooting out of his ears by now.

Unnaturally ignoring his hyungs once entering the dorm, he heads straight for his bedroom, also slamming the door. He knows he's being a tad bit dramatic, but he also knows he's the only one who's been asked. 

Grumbling, he jumps into bed, shoving himself under the covers, and stares hard at the opposing wall. 

"Ya, Kookie ah." 

Jungkook grunts. 

"Ya!" a hand lands on his head, messing up his hair. 

"Hyung, stop." the boy commands, pushing the hand away. 

"What's wrong, Jungkookie?" Taehyung's face is suddenly in his vision. The expression on his face is serious and concerned, combating his usual chirpiness. 

Silence is Jungkook's reply. 

A deep frown creases Taehyung's lips. His hand comes up to trace the wrinkles between Jungkook's eyebrows, trying to smooth out the lines. 

The gesture makes Jungkook cave in. "Manager-hyung is trying to make me crossdress for the showcase." 

There's no answer for a moment. "Is that all?" Taehyung's voice isn't condescending. 

Although Jungkook feels offended anyway. "Shut up, hyung." It's embarrassing and people won't take me seriously, he wants to retort, but instead he turns over on his side, away from the other. At least his fairy get up hadn't been as bad as Yoongi's or even Taehyung's for that matter, but still. He wishes everyone would get selective amnesia and erase that one time he crossdressed.

"I'll go talk to him." 

When Jungkook looks back to respond, the room is empty again. 

The next time the maknae wakes up it's already late into the night. He rolls over, bumping into another body. 

Biting back a surprised yell, he realises the sleeping body belongs to Taehyung. 

"Hyung?" Jungkook is so confused right now. 

"Yes?" The other's eyes immediately open, a cheshire grin splashing across his face. So much for being asleep. 

"What are you doing?" he deadpans. 

"It's done." Taehyung wiggles both his eyebrows and his fingers in front of Jungkook's face like he's casting some voodoo spell. 

Jungkook hits him. "What are you even talking about?" 

"You don't have to do it anymore." 

Confusion is the only emotion Jungkook experiences until the meaning behind Taehyung's words finally dawns on him. His eyes light up. "What? Really?! Did you bribe him or something?" 

Taehyung chuckles, his eyes smiling, mouth forming a near perfect rectangle. "Something like that."

 

 

 

It's twenty minutes until show time and Taehyung is a complete no show. As soon as they had finished with their stage rehearsal earlier he'd disappeared. 

Normally, Taehyung would be chatting away with Hoseok or mucking around with Jimin and him, but the 4D prince's presence is nowhere to be found. 

Jungkook looks around at the others, although they don't seem particularly phased by Taehyung's absence. Did Jungkook miss something? Did he not get the memo? 

"Quick, quick, guys!" Jimin comes puffing in, motioning at them. "You have to come to the makeup room now." 

"But we're already finished?" Seokjin replies. 

"No, no! You have to come!" Jimin exclaims, his eyes are on the brink of popping out of their sockets. 

They follow the bubbling boy who's practically skipping down the corridor, Yoongi scolds him for acting like an idiot to which Jungkook snorts. 

"You'll see." Jimin bites back gleefully. 

Jungkook wonders what all the fuss is about when they finally arrive at the entrance to the makeup room. One by one they file in, laughter erupting with mixtured shouts of 'Really?' and 'Oh my God!'. Jungkook is the last to enter. 

His heart beat immediately stops at the sight. There, in the middle of the room, is Taehyung. Except.. it's not really Taehyung.

Jungkook has only ever seen clips of that certain episode because the producers had filmed Taehyung's scene separately and on a different day. Jungkook had always laughed at him, about how he'd been dressed up as a little ladybug. Constantly shoving it in his face about how girly and feminine he'd looked. 

Yet seeing it in front of him with his own two eyes... Jungkook feels like he's about to faint.

From what? Embarrassment? Arousal? He inwardly shudders, his face expressionless and devoid of emotion, yet internally, he's screaming. Swearing. He's shocked no one can sense his inner struggle. 

"Do I look okay?" Taehyung cautiously asks, staring at all of them, before chewing on his fuchsia pink bottom lip and making a face. Lipstick tastes disgusting. 

His cheeks are rosy and look baby soft smooth, a slight shimmer shows through the glitter sprinkled on his face making him look magical. Long brown waves frame his face giving him an angelic touch. What makes the illusion even more ridiculously realistic is that the outfit coordinators have put Taehyung in a silver gown along with fake C-cup s. 

Jungkook doesn't know what to say. Actually, he does, but he refuses to say it. You look better than okay, hyung! Like a beautiful disney princess. Taehyung looks so gorgeous, he want to puke. Vomit out all these sudden weird fuzzies and butterflies shooting around in his stomach.

"Yes!" Jimin pipes up, cackling. "You look exactly like a girl." 

Taehyung flushes a deep red and Jungkook has a sudden urge to punch Jimin in the face. But a larger urge to say yes, but it's okay, hyung, you're the most beautiful girl here whilst twirling a finger through Taehyung's long brunette waves. Cue vomit noises. 

"Kookie?" 

Big, doe eyes, and dark, thickened, lashes meet Jungkook's. He automatically feels really small. Tiny, like an ant. 

"It's alright." he finally replies only after he looks down and breaks their connection. From the corner of his eye, he senses Taehyung deflate. 

Jungkook abruptly asks to be excused, exiting out of the makeup room, wishing he can just crawl into a hole until everything blows over. How is he going to concentrate on performing well when Taehyung's going to be in the center of them, pretending and, more importantly, looking like Miss Right? Jungkook's Miss Right?

"No." he furiously mutters, tightening his hands into fists. The urge to scream out loud is tempting, but he needs to be professional about this. He must act like this is strictly business. But Taehyung... and he feels small again. A small, helpless child with asthma, because he's finding it way too hard to breathe.

"Jungkookie?"

Seokjin.

Their eldest hyung meanders up to him sitting idly on one of the backstage crates. 

"You okay?" he gently asks, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. 

No, I'm not. "Yes, I'm fine, hyung. Thank you." Jungkook smiles. 

"Don't worry, Jungkook ah. We're all nervous about the performance. Nerves are good just don't let the feeling overwhelm you, okay?" 

These aren't nerves, hyung. These are butterflies because I think I might have just started crushing on one of our members. One of my best friends. "Of course not, Seokjin hyung." Jungkook grins, making a 'Fighting!' gesture. "Thanks again." 

The maknae watches Seokjin leave, his smile fades, and stomach drops. He's so screwed.

 

 

 

Their intro performance starts well enough. Everyone is dancing and singing in their rightful places. Jungkook knows he's doing a great job, but that's only because it isn't at that part yet. 

Suddenly an instrumental interlude sounds and the dread Jungkook feels is now at maximum level. This is it. 

The stage lights dim whilst the other members leave and a blinding white spotlight shines onto the center. FX smoke fogs up the entire back area of the stage and when it finally clears, Taehyung is standing in the middle looking like an actual angel. Shockingly high pitched squeals and wild shrieks pierce the air. Jungkook's knees begin to wobble precariously. 

The sounds of "Beautiful" begin to play from the speakers and oh my god this is it, this is really it, Jungkook thinks, appearing to confidently stride forward although he's internally panicking. He starts rapping his lines, praying he won't stuff up, as he stares directly at Taehyung who's smiling prettily and batting his thick lashes at him. Jungkook wants to die. 

The rest of the song goes by in a blur. Jimin, Hoseok, and him all taking turns on entertaining Taehyung. The producers had instructed Taehyung to focus on acting and behaving like a girl so his parts were taken up by Jimin instead. Jungkook is fairly positive that if Taehyung was being graded on his performance, he'd receive an A+. 

At the very last few seconds of Beautiful, Taehyung wraps his arms around Jungkook's neck, touching their foreheads together. A devastatingly, gorgeous smile (Jungkook thinks it's more of a playful smirk) appears on Taehyung's face. He stares deeply into Jungkook's widened eyes as deafening, possessed fangirl screams shake the entire building.

The lights fade out, and Jungkook physically plants his feet firmly onto the stage to stop himself from closing the few inches between his and Taehyung's lips. 

 

 

 

A great sense of relief washes over him once he sees Taehyung bounce into their bedroom bare-faced, wig-less, and wearing his normal PJs.

Jungkook tries seeking out that weird, fluttery feeling in his stomach whilst he observes Taehyung, but it's not present. Thank everything that is good and holy. 

"You look ordinary again." Jungkook notes once the older boy turns off the light and flops on the bed across him. 

Taehyung dramatically gasps, clutching at his heart, before he leans forward and swats Jungkook's shoulder. 

The maknae laughs. 

"You're welcome, by the way."

"For what?" Jungkook retorts even though he knows full well why. 

Taehyung chuckles. "Goodnight, you little rascal." 

"Goodnight," Jungkook smiles through the dark, "angel face." 

Taehyung laughs, throwing a pillow at him. 

Ignoring his heart pound and the foreign (yet strongly familiar) butterflies flying around in his stomach, Jungkook turns over, an uncontrollable smile tugging at his lips.

Yep, he's definitely screwed. But for some reason, he's 100% okay with that.

 

 

 

xxxxxxxx

I hope you enjoyed this!!!! I know it sounds like there's going to be another chapter, but this is a oneshot so :P I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with this, but I've been working on it for a couple of weeks so why not? Anyway, let me know what you think hehhehhehe :3