Chapter 11 - Sudden Goodbye

Kept From The Start

Lizzy's POV

In less than a week, school break is coming. Everything is getting stressful at the moment. Exams and other requirements are soon to be finished. But instead of giving me support, Nana gets mad at me over the little things these days. I understand how she is stressed with never ending projects too but she seemed too self-centered. It's not like she's the only one who's tired. There was a time where we never talked for days until I finally approached her. I asked her what's wrong. She told me that she's just tired. That's all. She promised me that we'll finally meet on Friday. I agreed since all of my works are finished by that time. I anticipate that moment as I'll be meeting Nana once again. I definitely missed being with her.

Nana's POV

I waited at the cafe for Lizzy. I prepared for this day to come. For these past few days, I have been trying my best to forget her in every way that I can. Her mother's words were right. A relationship like this won't last. It's kind of unacceptable to them. I don't want Lizzy to be a disappointment to her parents as well. 

I finally saw her. I waved my arms so that she could see me. When she saw me, she went directly towards me.

"Unnie~ I missed you." She said to me.

I sighed. "Let's stop seeing each other from now on." I uttered.

The smile on her face was replaced with a confused expression.

"What do you mean? You're kidding me right?"

"I'm seeing someone else right now." I said trying to hold back my tears.

"You're lying... You think I would believe you? Who is it? Tell me then." I could now feel the tension by the way she spoke.

Tears finally fell through my eyes as much as I try to hold it. I can't believe I'm such a weakling.

"What now?" She asked me.

"Admit it Lizzy. This kind of relationship won't work. I don't want to see you being despised by your parents just because of me." I finally told her.

"Also, it's true that I'm seeing someone else right now. He's a son of my dad's business partner. Sooner or later, they're probably going to arrange a marriage for us." I continued.

"Are you done?" She asked me.

"Is that the only reason why you want me to come here? You're just going to tell me that?"

For a moment we were silent.

"Well then I'm sorry for making things too complicated for you. Sorry for being in love with you that I gave you a hard time." Lizzy said to me.

She stood as she finally got up from her seat.
She finally left the cafe. Leaving me alone as I cried my heart out.


Here are two consecutive updates. Sorry if it's a little delayed since I'm having problems with my email account. I write my fanfics on phone and save them in my email account. I'd probably be ending this fanfic already too. There would be a few chapters left since I will be busy with school next month. Thanks for reading and for those nice feedbacks :)