e n g a r d e !

keep r u n n i n g .

firstly, guigui isn't an enemy. i love her character; i personally think it's adorable. she's just another character. ;D

 

The day after, Selina dragged Ella and Hebe to go to the shopping centre near by, while the guys went out to do who-knows-what.

"Linaaaaaaaa, you know I don't like dress shopping," Ella whined, pouting her full bottom lip. Hebe sighed. It was amazing, really, how, even though Ella didn't care and wore big teeshirts and ripped jeans and men's Converse, she was still stunning. Selina, in all her glory and eyeliner, was gorgeous as well, because she tried so much harder. Hebe looked down at her clothing and sighed.

"Come on, there's apparently a theme going on tonight at the danceclub. Formal night~!!" Selina was excited beyond belief. Ella looked like she might throw up, and Hebe was--basically--Switzerland. She wasn't sure how she felt about dresses or dances.

"So, Ella's obviously going with Chun, and I'm going to pick up a guy before we leave."

"You could go with Jiro," Hebe inserted casually. It might break Jiro's heart if Selina didn't go with him--okay, maybe not, but he'd most definitely be jealous.

"No offense, but Jiro's so...expressive. I like guys that are more mysterious," Selina blabbered, "You know, maybe a guy who doesn't forever stare at me like I'm a goddess--though I'm not saying that that's not nice. I just don't want to be a painting. I want to be treated like a PERSON. You tell Jiro that, okay Hebee darling?"

"Hebee?" Hebe absorbed the information. She really would have to tell Jiro later. After which Selina dragged Ella and Hebe(e) into an unfamiliar store.

"NOOOO!" Ella shrieked. "I WILL NOT GO IN HERE!" She batted away a fringed dress that Selina fought to hold up against her front.

"Too late, now shut up. You're making a fuss," Selina murmured, paying more attention to the dresses than to a pouting Ella, who was now onto the phase of half-sobbing-half-dying. Finally, exasperated, Selina turned around and swatted Ella over the head.

"Ow!" Ella protested, shielding her head with her rough hands.

"I said to be quiet! I'll make you a deal," Selina hissed, leaning down at cowering, crouching Ella. "If you shut up and try on all the dresses, then I'll score you a quiet day with your own Chunnie." Ella flushed and didn't object to this. Selina had obviously won. Hebe grinned at the friendly, witty banter as she looked at dresses on her own.

Suddenly, from behind her, Selina pounced.

"EEeeeeEEEeEeEK!" Hebe shrieked as she was dragged into the change room. The next thing she knew, she was back out and in front of the mirror in a black and white babydoll.

"If we pin your hair like this, it'll look SO good." Selina purred, holding Hebe's hair up. Hebe felt a chill go up her spine.

"Selina? Let go." Hebe bumped Selina with her elbow and stepped forward to admire her reflection. It WAS pretty nice, the striped black and white floating fabric. It was a little long, going down to stop a few centimtres above her knees. Ella was sulking in the corner, donning a blue dress that should have clashed with her tan, but didn't. Selina was wearing a hot pink number that made Hebe's eyes burn at first glance. After she got over it, the dress really was nice. Just...incredibly hot. Like, ow, that's hot, my finger is on fire.

After Selina's intense hustling, they bought the dresses and left the store to go back home.

--Four hours later`

Selina. Is. Freaking. Gorgeous. I actually have to turn on the fan in the motel to cool down (after running from her to go back to my own room so that I can calm down).

The door bangs open, and I give a loud "GAH!" as Selina barrels in.

"DID YOU JUST RUN FROM ME?" She bellows. I shrink back a little, my upper lip rippling back in slight disgust. This isn't the Selina that I like; this is some kind of outspoken female gorilla with a pretty face.

"I SAID, DID; YOU; JUST; RUN; FROM; ME?" Selina repeats, her nostrils flaring.

"Be--be--because you--because you were too--"

"TOO WHAT!" It's not even a question anymore, she's barking like a mad dog.

"PRETTY! YOU WERE TOO PRETTY!" Now we're both yelling and slightly out of breath and I'm sure that they're going to send up motel security--if there's even that--soon. Then, half a second later, she pounces on me and we're kissing like -deprived rabbits, but I won't get into the details.

A few minutes later, she breaks off of me, straightening out the skirt of her dress carefully and redoing the white cardigan she'd paired it with.

"So...So does this mean we're together?" I ask pathetically, adjusting my tie because it suddenly seems too tight.

"Maaaaybe," Selina curls her lips up before slipping out the doorway and back to civilization. I look in the mirror at my pink face and run into the washroom, horrified, to wash the pink out before going back with her.

--

It was halfway through the night when Hebe suddenly perked up, snarling.

"Are you KIDDING me," she growled, narrowing her eyes. Aaron pressed his lips together. He would not would not would not admit that she looked kind of hot all defensive and predatory. No, she did not. No. Just no.

"What?" Selina asked, trying with difficulty to cross her leg over the other.

"HER." Hebe hissed, coiling right where she was standing. They all looked across the room to see what she was seeing. A girl mirroring Hebe's look of evil and hate stood in a black dress right across the room, her brown bangs brushing past her eyebrows and her chin jutting out in the same fashion as Hebe's.

Somehow, in the same way at the same time, they flashed their eyes, raising their eyebrows and lowering them just as fast, and marched to the centre of the floor, so close to each other it wasn't even funny.

"What's Hebe's deal?" Ella commented as she bit down on a complimentary shishkabob.

"That girl is Guigui, or something. We met her on our first day, and...let's just say that Hebe and she didn't get off on the best start ever. Or, let's just say, Hebe accidentally got her lunch on Guigui's new shirt to which Guigui freaked out and they got into a catfight." Jiro explained, trying his best not to look at Selina. Where did that calm mama's boy go? For sure it wasn't this flustered blushing (man)bride.

"Guigui, how nice to see you here," Venom dripped from Hebe's words.

"I know, it's been a while, hasn't it," Guigui replied, the sick sweetness in her voice poisonous. At this, Selina hurriedly pulled Hebe away, shooting her a warning glance as they hurried back to the others. Aaron stared on at Guigui, even as Hebe and Selina came back.

Already, Jiro could sense the tension. This was not going to be a good night.

--
[[initially written &added may 14 09