Favours

Good Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ 5 Cracks - Favours

 

 

 

Byul walked out of the nurses office with a blotch of arnica ointments lathered on her forehead. Trudging her way through the crowd of students, she made her way over to the one place she ever felt really safe. Ironically it was in the cafeteria where everyone could see her basking in all her embarrassing glory, but in the midst of the student population, only 4 mattered to her; and without a doubt, everyone was busily chatting with each other again like always in their usual spot. Heaving a small sigh to ease the tension pulling at the muscles in her chest, she quickly scuttled over to them gripping onto the straps of her bag.

“What the hell happened to your head?” Was the first thing that came spewing out of everyone’s mouth in similar ways as she had set her backpack down on the table. Deciding to enlighten them later, she held it off unloading her lunchbox from her bag before staring at them all again.

“Do you really have to ask?” She groaned, leaning forward on the table with her hands pressing into her forehead only to wince. The pain that seared throughout the span of her forehead was enough to remind her of the painful blow she had taken earlier that day. Dropping her hands with yet another groan, she couldn’t help but pick at the edges of the box beside her.

“Let me guess, Dareum spiked the ball at you today in P.E.” Suzy voiced with much menace dripping off her words. The rest of them leaned back into their chairs with collective sighs of realisation. Why of course, how else would it have happened in the first place?

 

The soles of everyone’s shoes screeched against the buffered floorboards in protest to all the harsh weights inflicted on them. Bodies hovered around anxiously for the awaiting ball to enter their field as Byul sat at the bench seat tapping her foot away to the song she had lingering in the mind all morning. Did she really care for sports? No not really, especially when it came to volleyball. When it came to endurance; running laps around the fields? Sure, not a problem. Her sense of direction and reflexes however was never all that good.

The ball bounced it’s way to a steady roll towards Byul’s sneakers, tapping against the rubber as if to get her attention. Releasing a soft sound of surprise she bent down and clutched at the object in her hands lightly as her head lifted to scan her surroundings. Who to return it to… “Just because you don't feel like playing, doesn’t mean nobody else feels the same.Can you pass the ball back?”

There she stood with her loose waves pulled into a bun with baby hair framing her small oval face, fitted with a white tee and black tights. She always seemed to be on point with her looks without ever trying for some odd reason as she put most of her weight onto one side with a hand perched on her hip casually. Standing up quickly from the bench she attempted to serve the ball back towards the court only for it to head in a direction not so far away from Dareum. Luckily, with her quick reflexes did Dareum’s arms dart out to grab ahold of the ball and head back to the rest of the team with a scoff.

The game carried on with Dareum’s team hollering whenever she would spike the ball to yet another point for her team. Byul fiddled with her phone before going through the thread of old messages that they used to send each other.

Piss me off
7:19pm
My uterus is contracting
7:19pm

Did the water break already?
7:20pm
Aw man
7:20pm
Should have told me
7:20pm
I didn’t get your baby a present
7:20pm
… Please don’t kill me
7:20pm

< u <
7:21pm

o n o;
7:21pm
Is that a yes I’ll spare you or--
7:21pm

HAHAHAHA
7:21PM

Her lips tugged into a nostalgic smile before leaning back with a soft sigh leaving her lips only to have herself falling back hitting her head on the back rows with a loud clash. It all happened too quickly for her to even register anything aside from the throbbing pain from behind and in front of her head. Students clustered over to pick her up as the teacher gave her a look down with nothing but concern etched on her face. Byul clutched at her forehead at the dull throbbing hitting her hard before soft murmurs filled the hallways with a group of girls clustering together in a giggling fit. Sulli moved to pick the ball up not so far away, mumbling her utmost apologies with a bow. Apologies that almost had her snorting, every single cell of Byuls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter