140114

Goodbye June
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 January 2014

Baekhyun stood stiffly at the entrance, he felt jittery. This always happens everytime he needs to attend a funeral. He watched as Chanyeol signed both of their names in the guestbook and placed their condolences money in white envelops.

They were eating breakfast when they got a phone call this morning, informing them that one of their juniors in highschool died, Do Kyungsoo. It surprised Baekhyun, not that he was close to him or ever met him again after they graduated, but he and Chanyeol were in same book club as him. As far as he could remember, Kyungsoo was awkward, pretty cold but quite nice. 

What surprised Baekhyun was that Kyungsoo had died at such a young age. Furthermore rumour has it that he died from suicide. At first Baekhyun didn't want to attend his funeral, he was too scared. It always reminded him how he would eventually die and so would his loved one. That thought always makes him shudder. He couldn't imagine that someday Chanyeol would die.

However this so annoying Chanyeol insisted they need to attend. Baekhyun recalled this morning conversation:

"We need to attend." Chanyeol said firmly as soon as he heard the news. 

"No. You know how much funerals scare me." Baekhyun frowned, abandoning his half eaten sandwich. He had lost his appetite.

"But we need to. He's our junior and he was also our friend in highschool. Moreover, his sister just personally called us."

"It's not that we were close to him," Baekhyun whined. "We only came to his house once or twice."

Chanyeol shook his head seeing how Baekhyun acted, sometimes he was like a spoiled brat and a lot of people misunderstood him. Chanyeol was glad that he knew Baekhyun ever since they were children, and if not maybe he would have the same opinion as those people and wouldn't have fallen in love with him. Or maybe he still would have. 

"Come here," Chanyeol said smiling, patting his lap. Baekhyun did as he was said and Chanyeol kissed him softly on his lips. "No need to be scared, I will be there, we need to attend. Okay?" With that Baekhyun melted and agreed.

Now remembering that made Baekhyun feel like a fool, why do he always have such a soft spot for that ?

Baekhyun groaned in pain when Chanyeol flicked his forehead, "Who did you just call , ?" 

"I didn't say anything!" Baekhyun defended himself.

"I have known you since forever and you have this habit to speak your mind out loud. What happened in your pretty little mind this time to call me a huh?" Chanyeol said, suppressing a smile. He easily cupped Baekhyun's cheek with his big hand and brushed it with his thumb.

"Stop PDAing. Remember, we’re at funeral." Baekhyun flushed and he could feel his nervousness lessen, being replaces with butterflies in his stomach. He could feel the familiar glances from people around them, but he was already used to it. Having a relationship with Chanyeol meant public affection everywhere.

"Later then." Chanyeol smiled and ruffled Baekhyun's hair. He held Baekhyun's hand as they entered the memo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter