010614

Goodbye June
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 June 2014

Chanyeol sat on the couch, facing the television, his body was here but his thoughts drifting away. He could hear the girl's moan from the bedroom. Nevertheless, he pretended like he didn't hear anything. He was the one who chose to stay, he needed to face the consequences.

Just another girl.

Just another body.

Just another moan.

Just another that didn't mean anything at all. 

Chanyeol tried to convincing himself that everything would be okay. But still, his heart shattered and pain rose to his chest. He clenched and unclenched his fist, trying to choke down his feelings. Tears threatened to fall from the corners of his eyes but he held it back.

He remembered when his best friend, Sehun asked him, "How could you stand watching someone you love with someone else?"

Chanyeol merely shrugged and answered, "You couldn't, but you don’t have any choices left, and you need to stay. That's what you do when you are really in love with someone."

Yes, he's in love with Byun Baekhyun, and back in the past Baekhyun loved him too; before he changed into a completely different person. 

A person that Chanyeol didn't recognize at all.

He had known Baekhyun for his entire life. They both had been friends ever since kindergarten, and then fell in love mutually when they attended high school. People around them were so supportive about their relationship. And after the both of them graduated from college, they decided to rent an apartment together. However an incident changed everything. Chanyeol would trade everything to rewind that day but the problem is, he couldn’t. 

Although he had no idea how to get his old Baekhyun back, a part of him was still not giving up on hope. Baekhyun was still the love of his life. No matter how Baekhyun’s heart had already changed toward him, his heart was still Baekhyun to keep.

The door creaked open, snapping him back to reality. A girl with messy bun hair came out from the bedroom looked surprised when she saw Chanyeol.

"Oh, I didn’t know that Baekhyun had a brother…" She said hesitantly.

'Because he doesn’t…’ But instead, Chanyeol didn't say anything at all, and gave her crooked smile. 

Chanyeol smile faltered when Baekhyun appeared behind the girl and kissed her on the cheek, avoiding Chanyeol's gaze. He pretended like Chanyeol wasn’t there, and he behaved as if he intentionally hurt him.

"I will call you later." He told her, escorting her into the front door. 

Chanyeol glanced back to television, it was now playing a movie about a boy who fell in love with a girl who got contracted with cancer. He silently wished, that maybe if he got cancer, Baekhyun would care about him again. Maybe everything would be perfect again and he would still have his happy ending, even if it was only for a while.

"Hey." Chanyeol called out, faked another smile when Baekhyun back from the front door. Chanyeol spotted giant red mark on Baekhyun’s neck, he gritted his teeth as pain seeped into his chest.

"How long you been sitting there?" Baekhyun asked, expressionless.

No guilt.

No regret.

"How long woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter