Never Mind and Mistaken Again

Got Love [hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark was already waiting for Natalie when she exited the Science building and was soon enveloped into his embrace. "Hey." They greeted one another before parting to walk around aimlessly. "How was class?" Mark asked as his hands found Natalie's and held it firmly. "Same thing as Tuesday. Teacher , but  it makes sense this time around." Natalie laughed while giving his hand a slight squeeze. "How was your nap?" Mark shrugged indifferently. "It was alright. More restless than relaxing." Natalie cast him a worried look. "How come?" Mark glanced at her before facing forward debating if he wanted to tell her the truth. He shook his head going with something else. "The neighbor right next door was yelling at his friend for killing him in Call of Duty." Natalie laughed shaking her head at the idiocy of it. "I don't get that at all." "It's because you're not a gamer." "Psh, whatever. My brothers do it all the time to one another even when they're in different rooms. Kinda stupid honestly." "Like I said, you're not a gamer."

Natalie rolled her eyes as she tried to speed walk away from Mark, but he still held her hand firmly in his while chuckling. "Don't be mad, babe." Natalie cast him a surprised look, but continued to walk. "What did you say?" "Um, nothing much. Just told you not to be mad at me." Mark partially told her the truth with an innocent look. "Uh huh." She gave him another suspicous look, but dismissed it when her stomach growled. "Ah, let's go get something to eat. Didn't get to eat much earlier except my snacks, but still. Unless you're not hungry and I can go with Jenny instead?" Mark pulled her closer to him. "Yeah, right. Like you can eat without me." "I always eat without you. Did you forget about my secret stash?" She cuddled herself closer to him. "Actually I did." Natalie scoffed. "Well, at least you forgot about it while Jackson always remembers. Always. That stupid little brat."

At the mention of Jackson's name, Mark tensed a bit and Natalie caught it. "Are you okay?" She looked at him, but he seemed okay. "Yeah." Mark answered a bit absentmindedly. "Just feeling weird." Natalie stopped walking and put her hand to Mark's forehead halting him from walking as well. "You're not hot or clammy feeling either. Maybe you're nap made you more stressed than it should have?" She frowned up at him as Mark looked at her with a small smile. "I'm fine, Natalie. I just need some food in my system." Natalie looked at him closely, but Mark reassured her that he was fine. "I'm, fine, really. C'mon, Natalie. Let's go try out that new burger joint that recently opened up." Mark tugged her along as she laughed. "We just ate there yesterday, Mark." "Really? I don't remember." "Yeah, right." Mark stuck his tongue out before pulling Natalie closer to him as she let out another laugh.

~~~~~~~

Vicky was lying on her bed absolutely doing nothing for the past few hours ever since she left JB's dormitory. She was too annoyed to explore more and so ended up back at her residence hall to silently vent. Of course, on the way, she was mistaken again as her sister, but at least it wasn't a crazy one that's for sure. It was some guy named Junior or something that wanted to return some class notes to Natalie. Before Vicky could say anything he had already left leaving her with a blue notebook. Anyways, so here she was just staring up at the ceiling lost in thoughts when she heard the door opened. Vicky instantly sat up anticipating her roommate with a friendly smile as the wait was finally over. Or well, what she hoped was a friendly smile as she usually wore a tired and bored expression majority of the time.

A young teen walked in carrying a light blue backpack as Vicky stood up and waved. "Hi." Eunice stared at the older girl for a bit, before shyly waving back. "Hi. Did you change dorms?" Vicky tilt her head in confusion, but realized she was being confused again for Natalie. "Ah, no. I'm Natalie's sister, Vicky. I arrived today. Are you a friend of hers?" "Ah, no, not really. She was my guidance upperclassman when I started and she usually checks in on me from time to time. Sorry for the confusion." Eunice smiled sheepishly as she placed her backpack on her desk and took a seat on her bed as Vicky did the same thing. "Well, I'm Vicky and I'm part of the Fine Arts department. Nice to meet you. You?" "Nice to meet you too and I'm Eunice and I'm in my final year of high school." "Really? You seem older. I feel old. Technically I am since I did decide to come back to school." Vicky laughed at herself.

"Oh, did something change your mind?" Eunice asked curiously. "Yeah, something like that. Just a change of pace is all." Vicky answered with a smile. "Anyways, did you get back from an extra curricular activity or something?" Eunice blushed upon hearing that and shyly spoke. "Somewhat. I was at the dance room watching my friends practice a routine they will be performing next month." "Oh? Nice. Maybe I should start looking into these club activities and stuff. Might as well." "You should!" Eunice beamed happily. "I'm part of the International Club, I-Club for short. It's where everyone can come and go as they please and learn about cultural exchange and the club has lots of activities." "Hmm, reminds me of something I did back home. Sounds great though. When do you guys meet?" "Once every two weeks on Friday at five." "OK, cool. Anything else I should check out?"

Eunice thought about it. "Hmm, there's a lot of things. Lots of clubs and other extracurricular activites. Oh, there's even a lot of workshops all over campus if you wanna do something for only a few weeks. Build-A-Bear, although you can make any animal or character you want. Calligraphy. Quilting. Anything. There's a lot. Should be a list on the bulletin board out front if you get a chance to see it. It has the times and dates for the clubs, workshops, and other activities, Vicky." "Hehe, awesome. Alright, thanks Eunice. I'll make sure to read the notice board later and see what else I wanna partake in. Feels like there's a lot to do here." Vicky smiled at her roommate as she soon felt her stomach growl. "Heh, how about we go get something to eat? I'm hungry, so I'm not sure if you're hungry, too?" "Oh yeah, I'm definitely hungry. Hmm, we can go to this place that my friend kept mentioning since it opened a while ago. I think it's called Yo something or other."

~~~~~~~

Mark and Natalie were enjoying their burgers and fries at Yo Style when someone called out Natalie's name and another called out Mark's. The couple turned their heads to see their friends and roommates approaching their table. "Oh, hey. Were you two on a date?" Natalie teased Jenny and Jackson once the two sat down. "What? No, Natalie." Jenny shook her head while laughing as Jackson's response was different. "Of course, Natalie. It's a double date now." "Oh, yeah sure, a double date." Jenny played along as Jackson continued with an amused look. "So you agree it's a double date then?" "Yeah, Jackson, whatever you say." "OK, we're all on a double date. Again." "Again? Whatever. I'll be back. Let me go order my food." Jenny said as she stood up as Jackson did the same thing. "Let me go order our food then." "But you don't know what I want." "Of course I do. You want the rice burger right with soy sauce?"

"No, that's what I had last time which was yesterday." Jenny shot him a weird look. "How do you even know that?" "We were on another double date last time. Remember, Jenny?" Jackson said with a serious expression, but his tone was playful as he looked at Mark and Natalie. "Right guys?" "Oh yeah, the other 'double date' yesterday." Mark air quoted as he laughed while Natalie elbowed him with a chuckle. "I told you we ate here yesterday." "I don't remember, Natalie. I think you had too much fries. Let me take care of those for you." Mark made to reach for Natalie's crinkle cut fries, but she moved it out of his way. "Not uh. You did that yesterday, too." "Oh c'mon, Babe, sharing is caring." "Babe?" Jenny let out in confusion. "I said Bae." Mark tried to save himself, but it didn't work as Jackson called him out. "You just called Natalie poop in Danish, Mark."

Natalie laughed as she tried to shoo the other two away. "Hurry and go get your food instead of standing there arguing." "Yes, mom." Jackson mocked salute as he pulled Jenny away with him. "I think you want the chili burger this time around. It's bomb. You should get the loaded fries, too." "I do not want that, Jackson. I actually want to try the kimchi one instead. And I want waffle fries instead." Jenny countered as Natalie watched the two flirt in argument while shaking her head. "Cute." She went to reach for some fries, but her fingers connected with the table's surface instead. She looked over and frown. Her fries had disappeared and she glared at Mark who just shrugged at her innocently with his mouth full. "What?" "Chew my fries first before talking." Mark did so. "I didn't eat them, Natalie." "It's not like they can walk away by themselves." "Hey, they could have. Those fries are dangerously delicious.

Please log in to read the full chapter