Not Alike and Complicated Pasts

Got Love [hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Alright, I'm settled in even though I haven't met my roommate yet." Vicky said out loud as she sat on her bed that wasn't occupied when she entered. "I wonder how she's like." Vicky looked across from her and analyze the things of her roommate. "Seems normal enough. Nothing crazy. Alright, time to explore the campus since I don't start until tomorrow." Vicky got up, grabbed her backpack that held her necessities, and left her dorm. Vicky had transferred to Académie des Merveilles, Academy of Wonders, from out of state as her sister, Natalie, who also attended the same university as well. Vicky needed a new change of pace, a change of scenery as well as sought a different degree since her last one wasn't all that helpful. Even though she was two weeks late for the start of the semester, Vicky was able to work out her schedules with the counselor and school.

Navigating with the map of the school, Vicky explored the campus and noted down where everything was and how long it would take for her to get from one place to the next from her residence hall and other parts of the school's spots. Vicky finally came in front of the Department of Fine Arts again after making her way around the campus within an hour or so. "Maybe, I should explore the building since I'll be coming here often." As Vicky was about to make her way up the steps she heard a specific ringtone letting her know she received a text message. "Probably, Naly." Vicky went through her backpack and pulled out her phone. Vicky read the message as it informed her that her sister just got out and that she should swing by the food hall to meet her there. "OK, Fine Arts can wait then." Vicky made her way to the cafeteria.

Upon reaching the doors to enter the cafeteria, Vicky heard a guy call out 'hey' and she automatically turn to the direction it came from. Once she did she was soon enveloped into a hug by the person and didn't see how he looked like. "Aww, I missed you." He cooed as he continued to embrace her while Vicky tried to get out of his hold although he didn't take notice as he let out a soft chuckle. "Even though I saw you earlier before going to class." "Um," She let out awkwardly, "I think you have the wrong person." "Oh, c'mon, Natalie, don't be like that." The said person pulled away and pouted at her. "Don't be so mean to the guy you're dating." "Are you Mark?" Vicky asked him once she finally got a good look at him. "Now you're trying to play forgetful?" "I'm going to take that as a yes, and if you haven't noticed my reddish hair color, I'm not Natalie. I'm her sister, Vicky, though."

"Ky-chan!" A girl yelled out breaking the two from their moment as Vicky saw her sister coming up to them. "Oh, I see you met Mark, already." Natalie beamed as she stood beside the now awkward guy. "Mark, this is my sister, Vicky. Vicky, that's Mark." Mark looked from one sister to the next confused as he let out a sheepish laugh. "Hey, Natalie." He pulled her in for a long hug before releasing her. "I've missed you." "Yeah, reddish hair." Vicky pointed at herself then at her sister. "Rose ash hair." Natalie looked at Mark amusingly. "You did not just confused my sister as me, did you?" "If I said yes, then what?" "You really need to see and know the differences between us. We're not alike." "I beg to differ." Vicky just watched the two banter a little more. "We're sisters, but we really do not look that much alike." Natalie stated. "Alright, alright. You're not alike." Mark gave in. "Good."

Natalie then turned to look at Vicky. "So how you liking it so far?" Vicky shrugged. "It's okay so far. I was going to check out the Fine Arts building, but then you texted me. So, what's up?" "Nothing." Natalie smiled at her. "Just checking up on you." "That's so not nice." "Well, let's grub since I won't be free tomorrow or later tonight. You can meet my roommate, Jenny, too. Have you met yours?" The trio walked into the cafeteria and found a table. "No. Not yet. But I think her name is Eunice or something." Vicky answered. "She was out when I arrived. Maybe when I get back or something and she'll probably be there. Anyways, you live in the co-ed dorms, right? How's that like?" Natalie shrugged. "Not that bad. Less drama that's for sure. I'm so glad I chose co-ed than the all-girls dormitory. Why didn't you do the same thing?"

"Because I just chose the one with the name that sounded nice. Dominique Vendroux Residence Hall. I like how it sounds. It has a really nice ring to it." Vicky laughed as Natalie shot her sister a look like she was stupid. "Stupid." "Whatever." Vicky then looked between Mark and Natalie. "So how long have you guys been dating, again? I forgot." "I think it's almost three months next week, right, Natalie?" Mark answered. "But we've only gone on like five dates since then, I think." "Right, but it's because he's too busy for me." Natalie as he nudge her playfully. "I'm not. It's just because of dance practices. And because you live in another state when you went back for summer break." Mark slightly pouted. "I'm only teasing." Natalie chuckled as she nudged him while explaining. "Mark's part of this dance group with the school and why he's quite busy. Summer break was understandable. Anyways, we known each other for about a year or so because of his dancing. So it's all good."

"Mang, you guys act so much like boyfriend and girlfriend, but you're not official, huh?" The duo shook their heads. "We're just going with the flow." Natalie answered with a laugh and then received a notification. "I guess you have to meet Jenny another time. She had to go see the counselor to fix one of her classes." "No biggie. Still have time." Vicky dismissed and then remember something. "Oh, what about Jackson? Isn't he here, too? Bam Bam, too, right?" "Yeah, but I think Jackson's still in class or just got out about now. Bam Bam, don't know, he usually swings by at this time, too. Anyways, I'll be back. Gotta use the restroom. You two get to know one another better." Natalie grinned as she left the two alone as the other two just stared at one another before Mark spoke first.

"Yeah, so, sorry about earlier, Vicky." Mark apologized as Vicky let out a laugh. "It's okay, Mark. It was purely accidental. Pretty much happens all the time." Just then someone headlocked Vicky from behind. "How's my favorite bully doing?" The person asked as he laughed while doing so and then released Vicky and took a seat next to her. "Long time no see, Vicki Minaj." Vicky fixed her hair and then punched the person. "Hey to you too, Lady Gaga." Mark watched the two bicker with one another amused and then tilted his head confused. "How do you know Jackson, Vicky?" "Through my sister." Vicky answered. "I think it's been two years, right?" Jackson asked as he looked at Vicky who nodded slowly. "Yeah, about two years." Vicky then looked between the two guys. "How long have you guys known one another?" Jackson looked over at Mark. "Three years?"

Mark nodded his head as Vicky tilted her head. "Wait, does that mean you two met through my sister, too?" "And why do you say or think that, Vivi?" Jackson asked her with a playful judging look as Vicky shrugged. "Well, I met you through her, too. Anyways, Jackjack, you're the ex-boyfriend." Vicky stated as she looked at him and then over at Mark. "And now you're the one that's dating her." Before the boys could respond, another friend of theirs came by. "Hey, I need to borrow her real quick, guys." Vicky gave the guy a weird look, but didn't say anything as the guy continued. "It's really important to saving my reputation. No time to explain. C'mon, Natalie. Let's go." The person said as he pulled Vicky out of her seat and away with him although Vicky was weirded out by the whole thing and kind of just went with it. The other two watched them go with amused looks. "At least I don't feel so bad for thinking they're alike right now." Mark laughed and then looked over at Jackson. "How were you able to tell them apart?"

"You really wanna know?" Jackson asked him with a hidden smile as Mark nodded his head. "Their hair. Simple really. Oh, and the fact that Natalie is like taller than Vicky and a bit tanner than her, too." Jackson informed him. "Huh, really? I didn't really take notice of the height differences between the two. But the hair? Really?" "Yeah. Vicky is always redyeing her hair. I don't think she has seen just her original hair color in like a year or two now." Jackson then looked about him. "Speaking of the sisters, where is Natalie?" "She went to use the restroom." Mark informed his friend as Jackson scoffed. "I betchu that after going to the toilet, she went to go get food. That girl cannot resist the temptation of it all, especially her sweets." Mark laughed. "Aren't you the same way, Jackson?" "Maybe that's why she has

Please log in to read the full chapter